Can anyone help me?

Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
My Subnautica game will start with a very small window, seconds later it will stop working and close. I haven't changed and files, I made it an exception from AVG, and verified it's cache. This never happened before and I really dont want to lose my save. Thanks!

Comments

• Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    Is anybody having the same problem??? :(
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Does it display any sort of message when it closes?
    Are you accidentally loading it in VR mode instead of standard, or have it set to High/Experimental graphic settings? Is there a chance that your computer might not meet the minimum requirements?

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    What are you running for a machine, graphics card, and OS?
  • joeboy323joeboy323 Russia Join Date: 2016-03-25 Member: 214793Members
    I have the same problem. My computer meets the minimum requirements. Once built Seamoth Upgrade Console I hung game. Subsequent attempts to start a game, not married success. Game worked fine before the incident. like back in the game

xi7Xz_84S98.jpg

standard mode, high graphic setting
    geforce gtx 650 ti, windows 7 max
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    joeboy323 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. My computer meets the minimum requirements. Once built Seamoth Upgrade Console I hung game. Subsequent attempts to start a game, not married success. Game worked fine before the incident. like back in the game

xi7Xz_84S98.jpg

standard mode, high graphic setting
    geforce gtx 650 ti, windows 7 max

Can you try clicking the 'Sub...' part, then pressing alt & enter keys at the same time?
    Obraxis wrote: »

Can you try clicking the 'Sub...' part, then pressing alt & enter keys at the same time?

does not work. startup takes off a window and hangs.
    reinstallation, cache test, all that I know has been tried

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts

does not work. startup takes off a window and hangs.
    reinstallation, cache test, all that I know has been tried

Ok. Can you post your logs as described here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403087864
    Rezca wrote: »
    Does it display any sort of message when it closes?
    Are you accidentally loading it in VR mode instead of standard, or have it set to High/Experimental graphic settings? Is there a chance that your computer might not meet the minimum requirements?

No, im running it in standard, I'm not sure what it's set at right now, how would I find that out? I do meet the minimum but not recommended.
    Here's my output log if it helps any. --> http://pastebin.com/WsP4FWVT
    scubamatt wrote: »
    What are you running for a machine, graphics card, and OS?

I am using a CyberPowerPC, my graphics card is a Geforce GT 610, and it is 64 bit.
    Does anyone know if the new monthly update will help with launching bugs?
    edited June 2016

Wait for the update should help.

We've changed how the game loads on both Xbox and PC in the next patch for both. This should help with *some* game launch and loading issues.

We've changed how the game loads on both Xbox and PC in the next patch for both. This should help with *some* game launch and loading issues.

Well, I'll just have to wait and see... Is it possible for a bad graphics card to have an effect on launching?
  • RisaBearRisaBear U.S.A Join Date: 2016-06-22 Member: 218903Members

Unfortunately I am also having this same issue. It either started on 6/14 or 6/15. I have not been able to play the game since then. :(

I have a GeForce GTX 960, Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz, 64-bit.
    RisaBear wrote: »

Unfortunately I am also having this same issue. It either started on 6/14 or 6/15. I have not been able to play the game since then. :(

I have a GeForce GTX 960, Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz, 64-bit.

Just FYI: A Core2Duo is below our minimum specifications, and your GeForce 960 is bottlenecked in it's performance due to the C2D's speed and bandwidth limitations.
    So I recently had my Computer upgraded with a new motherboard and processor. Before the upgrade I did a "Can you run it?" and everything met the minimum requirements but the graphics card wasn't recommended. After the upgrade I ran it again, but my Processor is now a not recommended thing. I am getting a new GTX 960 in the future, I also heard you need to reinstall windows if you've gotten a new processor. Here's my dxdiag, http://pastebin.com/wwH1Ehii . Is my hardware no longer suitable for Subnautica???
    I may just have to give up on trying to fix it. Everything I do does NOT WORK.
    Just gonna post this question... is a GTX 960 a bad choice for a new graphics card if I want to play this smoothly? Would a 970 be a better option??