they are not toys, they are ACTION FIGURES!

Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
edited June 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
So now that there is wall shelves on top of the desks I propose we clutter them up a bit with "life" like fauna based action figures equipped with display bases!

This idea requires

A. Scanning and Research
B. Material and specimen gathering

For example ill use the stalker..

So at first we need to complete the scanning process to get the PDA entry.

Now in the PDA they implement a research bar..

To fill that bar we could fulfill requirements like

A. Witnessing them doing thier day to day things such as gathering scrap etc.
B. Finding and hatching eggs
C. Them fighting/feeding.
D. Getting a DNA simple via the transfuser.

Once You get 100% with the stalker you can now fabricate your new statuette or figurine.

The fabricating process will very much remain the same using titanium and silicone rubber. With the exception of bioluminescent fauna such as the crab squid. For those you would also need to throw in possibly a battery? Or maybe even catch one of those little rock grubs ( needs other colors now besides just green )

*EDIT* just thought of this.. Maybe even being able to add a computer chip or wire kit to each one.. Then when you "interact" with the statuettes we also get a Small audio Play back of that specific creatures sounds..

Being able to create everything from peepers to reapers and have them up on a shelf I personally think would not only be rewarding but down right awesome! And would get people to interact with the fauna and get us to figure out ways to not only document the creatures but stay safe aswell!

What do you guys/gals think??

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    I think that'd be pretty cool honestly :)
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    It'd also be fairly easy to do, in terms of resources. Just make a simple stand or whatnot, and then scale a static model of the fauna down to figurine size. Shouldn't be as hard as say, making an entirely new Seabase module or unique living predator for a biome ^^

Would be cool to see happen someday, even if post-1.0.

Also, I like how you said "Peepers to Reapers" ^^
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I collect figurines. I love figurines. YES!
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    The idea fits in with what people are asking for, more sea base decoration options. It also fits in ( if you squint ) to the game lore, with our guy/gal being There on more of a science capacity. Strictly observe, freeze creature in stasis, document, report... DONT DIE lol

Rezca wrote: »

Lol a got a smile from writing that to lol
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    The idea fits in with what people are asking for, more sea base decoration options. It also fits in ( if you squint ) to the game lore, with our guy/gal being There on more of a science capacity. Strictly observe, freeze creature in stasis, document, report... DONT DIE lol

Rezca wrote: »

Lol a got a smile from writing that to lol

About the sea base decoration option, I found this: latest?cb=20160601153215

This is a game based in survival! What does a coffee vending machine in this!!!
    I agree that there is more decorations being added as we speak.. Coffee maker and vending machines being some of them.. But what I'm suggesting is not just a dive and scan a wreck.. Its more of a scientific approach.. True to real life a HUGE part of our survival is understanding the flora and fauna that surrounds us.. And to do that we must observe and interact. And instead of all these creatures just being a cliff note in our PDA or not scanned at all do to avoidance..

In the end we get rewarded ( the statuettes) and people get to actually witness and read the very things that the devs have worked so hard to incorporate ( pda entry's ) and the creatures A.I patterns.. And in doing so we also get to learn more about the alien planet we are surviving on.. In a way were also learning more of the games lore.

I would like to thank you guys tho for your feedback so far. I was Half dreading being flamed for this post!
  • GabrielBCGabrielBC anh? Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216170Members
    Why the heck would we want to RESEARCH the whole stalker to make a FIGURINE?!
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    This is one of the best suggestions for extra decoration I've seen. It would give a clever spin on the idea of a trophy room that goes perfectly with the theme of exploration. Plus, it'd allow us to admire the creature models without risks.

I think a cheap price of one titanium would be enough. This'd only be an extra that already requires a lot of work, so material cost doesn't need to be more than a formality. Besides, I'm always short on silver and quartz as it is!
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    This is one of the best suggestions for extra decoration I've seen. It would give a clever spin on the idea of a trophy room that goes perfectly with the theme of exploration. Plus, it'd allow us to admire the creature models without risks.

I think a cheap price of one titanium would be enough. This'd only be an extra that already requires a lot of work, so material cost doesn't need to be more than a formality. Besides, I'm always short on silver and quartz as it is!

Thank You DrownedOut I appreciate your positive feedback :)

As for crafting materials I do agree that the materials should reflect the size of what's being built ( I'm looking at you Cyclops.... ) that's why I said titanium and silicone rubber. They are both easily obtained and both reflect what's being created. Titanium for the base and the silicone rubber for the body to give it that authentic "feel" and look lol..

I'm kinda envisioning that recipe being used from the smallest (peeper, boomerang etc) to the biggest (Reaper,dragon and emperor)

Ultimately it would be solely up to the developers of this fine game!