WHEN IS THE UPDATE!

Comments

• woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    Sorry to be a bummer, but the update isn't done and there isn't any estimation on a release date. You can complain and try to get your money back from Microsoft, but there is very little real chance of that happening.

There isn't much specific information on the Xbox version of the game on Trello because at the moment they are combining the PC and Xbox versions into one. So there won't really be an "Xbox version" for them internally anymore.

If you want more info on what was included in the Machinery Update on PC, check the blog post here. The wiki is a good source for more specific information.

As for when the patch is coming, I'd bet an abnormally large salt deposit that they are waiting to ship it with the upcoming Exosuit update. At this point, if they are still on schedule for their monthly-ish PC update, there's probably about 2 weeks before that is ready to ship. The devs have said that this first Xbox update will bring the two versions of the game in line content wise., and MS' cert. process is a hassle/time sink that is brought up in almost every dev. response about the delay in the Xbox update. I don't think they would purposely put themselves in a situation where they'd submit the initial patch now, and then have to submit the Exosuit patch almost immediately after.

There would be a large possibility that both updates would overlap in cert., and I don't even know if MS allows a developer to submit multiple patches for cert. at the same time. And if the updated Xbox version is going to be the PC version as well, why would they ship a major update on Xbox and not PC? It would make sense if they just waited until everything was ready to go at once.
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    They did say earlier on that the xbox would be behind and stay behind the pc version plus i wrote that to the dev's 2: i say about the complaint if it takes another 30 to 31 days i honestly dont listen to speculation inless jokingly by anyone i only listen to the people workimg on the project in question for they have the real answers im just dying from this extended wait for a update on the game is all so chill dude its not your place to freak in response to whay i wrote thats the dev's im sure they don t want any wrong ideas going on when people like you speak like this so ill calmly wait for them
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    woops wrote: »
    Sorry to be a bummer, but the update isn't done and there isn't any estimation on a release date. You can complain and try to get your money back from Microsoft, but there is very little real chance of that happening.

There isn't much specific information on the Xbox version of the game on Trello because at the moment they are combining the PC and Xbox versions into one. So there won't really be an "Xbox version" for them internally anymore.

If you want more info on what was included in the Machinery Update on PC, check the blog post here. The wiki is a good source for more specific information.

As for when the patch is coming, I'd bet an abnormally large salt deposit that they are waiting to ship it with the upcoming Exosuit update. At this point, if they are still on schedule for their monthly-ish PC update, there's probably about 2 weeks before that is ready to ship. The devs have said that this first Xbox update will bring the two versions of the game in line content wise., and MS' cert. process is a hassle/time sink that is brought up in almost every dev. response about the delay in the Xbox update. I don't think they would purposely put themselves in a situation where they'd submit the initial patch now, and then have to submit the Exosuit patch almost immediately after.

There would be a large possibility that both updates would overlap in cert., and I don't even know if MS allows a developer to submit multiple patches for cert. at the same time. And if the updated Xbox version is going to be the PC version as well, why would they ship a major update on Xbox and not PC? It would make sense if they just waited until everything was ready to go at once.

Well said! Someone who reads what the Devs say :)
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    *snip*

[citation needed]
    Last I saw was that the update was pretty much done and that all we are waiting on is Microsoft to certify the update, which could take until the end of this week.
    edited June 2016
    Great!

edit: if you look at the latest couple dev posts @EverReddy has in his FAQ, as of the 16th it still hasn't been sent for cert. Although, I am assuming that they would post an announcement once it's sent off.

Where did you read that it had been sent for certification?
    edited June 2016
    Great!

edit: if you look at the latest couple dev posts @EverReddy has in his FAQ, as of the 16th it still hasn't been sent for cert. Although, I am assuming that they would post an announcement once it's sent off.

From what I've seen recently from the devs, it should be sent by now. As of the 17th they were pretty much done and ready to send it:
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Myself and the playtesting team have been testing the merged Xbox branch intensely. While we did find some pretty big bugs, the awesome Max fixed those quickly and we're close to sending it off for Certification. The reason we've been testing and re-testing it a lot is that if it fails certification, then you guys have to likely wait another week on top (after we fix whatever issue Microsoft found, and issues can take days to fix sometimes). We'd much rather take a bit longer to try and make sure we pass certification.

Thanks everyone playing on Xbox and your patience. You'll be getting a Reaper-Sized update soon! :smile:

The reason they were a week behind already was because they had a retreat for their workers. I haven't seen any word recently about them still working on the update so I'm assuming it is in Microsoft's hands now.
    edited June 2016
    We merged Xbox and PC branches together into our main branch, which gets pushed to 'experimental' several times a day. Things will often break. Once we're back in the office Monday we'll fix it.

Is from this past Friday June 18. I gathered from this that it still wasn't done. But I mean, I hope you're right.

edit: also this from June 20 (bold emphasis is from me):
    We've changed how the game loads on both Xbox and PC in the next patch for both. This should help with *some* game launch and loading issues.
    @woops
    I do know that they said that any future update after the Xbox One update will be released at the same time for both the Xbox One and PC. I'm hoping that the update will hit us soon and then we get the next one as planned.
    Yeah, I think once this initial xbox patch gets out things will roll out a lot smoother. I think another possibility is that this Xbox merger update is released for both platforms as soon as its done, and maybe the exosuit update gets delayed a little bit, but still comes to both platforms at the same time. But the point I was trying to make in my longer post is that with how annoying the MS cert process is, they might decide it's easiest to roll everything (xbox update + exosuit/July update) into one patch rather than having to slog through cert twice back to back.

But who knows at this point. Not much to do but post here and wait.
  • KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
    A tiny impatience destroys a great plan
    - Some guy
  • ShekKShekK Spain Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218863Members
    edited June 2016

Does that mean you've sent it to Microsoft in order to get the approval? Or are you, the team, who are now testing it?

I'm a little bit excited, just a liiiiiiiittle bit haha
    Does that mean the update is here already? Like if I went to my Xbox, and hit Subnautica it would have an update available?
    KingCole wrote: »
    Does that mean the update is here already? Like if I went to my Xbox, and hit Subnautica it would have an update available?

No. It's in testing right now.

Awesome! I'm very excited for the update, keep up the fantastic work guys.
  • WhiteDragon2501WhiteDragon2501 USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217325Members
    All I have to say is... I'm excited about the update. Also, that everyone working on the game is amazing.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Great news to hear progress is being made. Thanks for the hard work. Anyone have an estimate of how long testing typically takes in Microsoft? (mainly curious, happy to wait)
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    Great news to hear progress is being made. Thanks for the hard work. Anyone have an estimate of how long testing typically takes in Microsoft? (mainly curious, happy to wait)

Many people says it can take up to a week or two but for Ark it takes around 1 day or 2.

LPGLF54a2Wd0Y.gif
    Slackerstu wrote: »

Up to a week, I think. But I wouldn't mind being wrong again. B)
    There's some Xbox specific stuff on Trello from this morning! Just promo/marketing stuff, but still, look's like there's a Thursday deadline for the final version of the Xbox Update info page.

Here's a link to the work in progress. There's a lot of stuff on that page. :#
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Thank you dev's for the update on that i will be able to not be sad about the update anymore i look forward to playing more of it ill be jumpimg from this to 7days to die like crazy lol so glade xbox does pc games on their system now ^^
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
    KingCole wrote: »

No. It's in testing right now.
    fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members

It means that Microsoft is testing the update for certification so, it is ready, but you guys and girls will get it in around a week if all goes well. Hope this helps :tongue:
  • Redninja5901Redninja5901 usa Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218799Members
    Hashtag man says " #update soon " YAY
  • OneBadHuskerFanOneBadHuskerFan Austin, TX Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217934Members
    Bought this game when it was first out on XB1 but realized it was very far behind so haven't touched it (not a bad thing!). I have off the entire week of July 4th so I'm very much hoping the update comes out just in time for that, or even during that week. Fingers crossed!
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    Can't wate Thank you Dev's :smile:
  • cheshchesh uk Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217353Members
  • njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    So....any word on the update...? :p
This discussion has been closed.