Saving / quicksaving

bluegreenashbluegreenash UK Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218594Members
I thought that the game quick saved when you entered a habitat (or certainly status save for if your character dies).
However this does not seem sufficient for if the game crashes (which is just what happened to me).

Just lost about 2hrs of intensive progress so not happy :( (Farm building, habitat improvements, water plant upgrades) plus a whole bunch of resource collection :(

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    The game only saves your inventory on a portal entry like entering the seamoth or your base in case you die. You are right, that is not a game save and I have lost progress many times. Rebuild and save often. There is no way to recover that progress unfortunately.
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    I have lost hours of game play even when i hard save if it crashes. I find my self saving 4 to 5 times just to make sure it worked.
  • BCDravenBCDraven SC Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218819Members
    That is one feature they should definitely address because people now a days are so used to auto save most of us forget to manually save. I lost about 2 hrs after a crash in the mushroom biome so when I went back I literally saved every time I had to get air...but I still forget now so it's only a matter of time before it happens again. If we had auto saves like you said when we enter portals the same way it secures your inventory that would at least be great. But an auto save maybe every 30 minutes would be better.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    The reason why there is no auto save is because if the game saves when you are stuck in a wall, you will never be able to go back. your progress will be dead forever.
  • BCDravenBCDraven SC Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218819Members
    The reason why there is no auto save is because if the game saves when you are stuck in a wall, you will never be able to go back. your progress will be dead forever.

Then auto save when you enter your seamoth/home portal would work since you shouldn't be stuck in a wall doing that and if so relaunching the save could just respawn you back at base like it does now.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    WHat if there was the possibility to turn autosave on or off? That way everyone's a winner. "Pange bonjour".