The Epic Trello Thread

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
This thread is commandeered for any interesting bits and bobs I find on the Trello, daily or otherwise. I'll post links to the actual cards for the interesting and cool stuff, and will summarize anything else. Now let's see... the last activity was the new Posters.

https://trello.com/c/URJikKtx/5719-lava-fall-fx Done.

https://trello.com/c/cUMjkkaC/5700-exosut-drill-fx Done.

https://trello.com/c/Cwq8hGnS/5668-display-grayed-out-icons-in-crafting-menus-for-locked-blueprints This one is in progress...

https://trello.com/c/l7XOXp0o/5508-baby-sea-emperor-scale-attempts Oh, boy!

Escape Pods in the Safe Shallows have been moved...

https://trello.com/c/gqLBU0qB/5721-lost-river-bones-field-main-pass This one's in progress...

https://trello.com/c/gesU8gz0/5722-aurora-interior-ld HELL YEAH!

Comments

• Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Funsauce32 wrote: »
    What update?

A massive one for Experimental that I just got when I woke up this morning!
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    Looks good. Can't wait for the exosuit to come to the stable build.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    For many players (such as myself) it fixes the problem of not being able to build a MultiPurpose room, MoonPool, or Scanner room, where selecting the build menu icon did nothing -- no green ghost room or anything. Seemed to only happen if you started a new game with the previous experimental build. People carrying forward older save games may not have had the problem.

Maybe other fixes too, but that was a big one for affected players.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Coranth totally spends hours refreshing the Trello page. ;)
    Seriously though, this is bloody amazing! All of this stuff is coming a lot sooner than I expected. Loving the idea of a baby Sea Emperor.
  • LobsterPhoneLobsterPhone Australia Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 214999Members
    So... you flooded the forum with "Hey look at this trello update!" threads.

You were convinced to amalgamate that into one thread.

You were asked to please try and summarize and maybe only mention the actual interesting updates.

That made you throw a tantrum and cease to continue in just a single thread.

And now you are posting multiple update threads through the forum again, and as far as I can tell announcing breathlessly various non events ranging from "Oh look A REFLECTION!" to "Hey look, small progress towards something we already knew was coming but isn't actually here yet".

Not that it's all that easy to tell what is actually in the update you are ostensibly talking about because you include NO INFORMATION about anything at all outside of links to Trello cards no one needs and the addition of "Oh Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy".

TAKE A CHILL PILL.
  • LobsterPhoneLobsterPhone Australia Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 214999Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    .. a happy and enjoyable community place where you can post stuff into General Discussion
    Coranth has a bad habit of spamming a LOT of these deeply uninformative trello cut and pastes of EVERYTHING that ever goes through the trello. This is not the first time, and he HAS compiled them into a single post instead of spamming the forum before, but when THAT got so cluttered that people asked him to maybe tone it down a bit or otherwise try and be more usefully informative he threw a tantrum and well, eventually went back to this spam...

But ok, go ahead, encourage him. Get him all the way back to the way he used to be. Thats a thread for EVERY movement of a trello card. Every. Single. Card. Every. Single. Movement.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    .. a happy and enjoyable community place where you can post stuff into General Discussion
    Coranth has a bad habit of spamming a LOT of these deeply uninformative trello cut and pastes of EVERYTHING that ever goes through the trello. This is not the first time, and he HAS compiled them into a single post instead of spamming the forum before, but when THAT got so cluttered that people asked him to maybe tone it down a bit or otherwise try and be more usefully informative he threw a tantrum and well, eventually went back to this spam...

But ok, go ahead, encourage him. Get him all the way back to the way he used to be. Thats a thread for EVERY movement of a trello card. Every. Single. Card. Every. Single. Movement.

Least it keeps the forum alive and busy :tongue:
    Also, encourage him? I said that many people are interested in what he has to show due to the amount of 'awesomes' he gets and also I noted for him that it would be a good idea to make a megathread. This is the General Discussion in the end. Lastly, if you dislike him that much then just don't look at his posts; as soon as you see that it's by him just click off. It solves your problems and people who are interested can continue reading.
    On the other side, Coranth, it would be a good idea to make a megathread and maybe summarise what happened in the Trello this week (maybe do it weekly :smile: ), I feel that it would rid many peoples' complaints and it would be beneficial for those who enjoy what you post.
    Regards,
    Hybrid
    Coranth wrote: »
    @LobsterPhone... When did I ever throw a "tantrum" about this?
    You threw a tantrum in Trello Update Mega-Thread II it took only one comment from me, a few from some others and a handful of agrees simple suggesting you summarize and not parrot EVERY single trello change.

Instead of taking some light criticism appropriately and improving your format you took your bat and ball and went home with this...
    Coranth wrote: »
    Bugger it, then; I won't do these anymore. Will the mods ever implement a damn system that allows creator(s) of threads to delete them, please?

But here you are, back doing it again. Still not summarizing. Still not selectively culling the less interesting trello bits from your posts and STILL not adding minor actually useful bits of information like I don't know, maybe telling people exactly how much of the exosuit IS currently complete in the experimental update or not instead of just blindly linking to a trello card about a drill fx update that doesn't tell us anything useful or interesting about the current in game state of the exo suit.

And the screen shots the needless page breaking huge screen shots. Look, some are cool, sure, put the exo suit in your moonpool pic up thats vaguely fun, and no I'm not interested in unfinished untextured blobby bits from lost river, but someone might be, I guess. But you know what NO ONE needs to see? Screen shots of a new options screen, a tiny reflection, or a small change to the same old loading screen text. You can just tell people we will believe you about the options screen. We do not need photographic evidence the size of your monitor.

I know this all sounds mean. But criticism tends to by it's nature, and you really could benefit from actually accepting it this time because if you were just a tiny bit better at this it would be a service to the community I would applaud instead of regarding as a largely useless annoyance.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    Hmm, I too would have liked more info of what actually happened in this huge update. I figured it was largely bug fixes and firing up for the console update. I do like the screens though, yet some lines beneath would be helpful. If you include links from trello, I would like to specifically be told if these items are in-game, spawnable only, just in the data somewhere or just finished on trello. It is kind of confusing this way. Still I appreciate the info.
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    [...] But you know what NO ONE needs to see? Screen shots of a new options screen, a tiny reflection, or a small change to the same old loading screen text. You can just tell people we will believe you about the options screen. We do not need photographic evidence the size of your monitor.

I know this all sounds mean. But criticism tends to by it's nature, and you really could benefit from actually accepting it this time because if you were just a tiny bit better at this it would be a service to the community I would applaud instead of regarding as a largely useless annoyance.

@LobsterPhone, you, sir, don't offer constructive criticism at all and are in no position to decide what the community as a whole would like to see and what not. The amount of awesomes alone speaks for itself. As several times stated by @HYBRID1313, if you're not interested in @Coranth's "uniformative threads", why bother looking at them?
    Coranth has a bad habit of spamming a LOT of these deeply uninformative trello cut and pastes of EVERYTHING that ever goes through the trello. This is not the first time [...].
    To me it seems that you simply dislike @Coranth, as you follow his "deeply uniformative trello cut and pastes" rather closely than trying to avoid them.
    If you just came to point fingers at other users, then please just leave; a rather large amount of people support @Coranth's posts.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    edited June 2016
    CORANTH HOW DARE YOU TRELLO EVERYONE ABOUT EVERYTHING!! I HATE REAPERING THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABORS, WHEN WE SCANNER ROOM ALL SEA WHAT YOU BASE THEM ON. I MEAN, YOU JUST CAMERA SEEM TO STOP DRONING ON AND ON....

Thanks for the wordplay this morning...It's nice to get a chuckle before I've had my coffee, especially since with lack of sleep my butt is sea draggin a bit

Lobster guy needs to come out of his shell instead of being boiling mad and salty...
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    This conversation shouldn't go away from his first goal, because the dev could close it like they did on the I want to be a female driver.
    Just a little thought.
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    Antonin wrote: »
    This conversation shouldn't go away from his first goal, because the dev could close it like they did on the I want to be a female driver.
    Just a little thought.

Wait they closed that? Why? I couldn't see any problem with it.

Anyway I still do love the trello updates he posts I can never seem to find my way around that page
    (no offense devs it's my fault I don't know how to (-: )
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    I also don't normally have the patience to check to see if i can find it in game
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Just a little thought.

Wait they closed that? Why? I couldn't see any problem with it.

Because the thread got derailed into talking/arguing about entirely different subjects after a point.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    In the screenshot it seems to be the same kind of texture that Floater Island trees have. You can't interact with these trees but they are beautiful. I am so excited to see the final lost river!!!
    edited June 2016
    Here's another one https://trello.com/c/QbduUDxi/5718-lost-river-canyon-bottom-root-01-02 that's about half-done as of four hours ago; that's the prefab and the "lowpoly" (low-polygon?) models. No textures on it, yet, though, so we get a weird but cool thing that looks like this:

lost_river_canyon_bottom_root_01-02.jpg

Edit: Wait a minute... if that's the root... then what's the actual tree they're attached to look like? And how far down in the dark must it be... Chills!

edited June 2016
    In the screenshot it seems to be the same kind of texture that Floater Island trees have. You can't interact with these trees but they are beautiful. I am so excited to see the final lost river!!!

I just adore all this stuff; seeing these things that look so beautiful; it's enough to bring a tear to the eye--and I'm a man, damn it!

Edit: I just realized -- we might be able to grow one of those plants; in my post above @Antonin's, the top image I posted looks like an evolved Gabe's Feather... Wow.
    edited June 2016
    Well... at least you've decided to go with the one thread thing again. Though why you decided to start that by retroactively renaming this thread is anybody's guess.

So the added information content we now get is "don't actually know if its actually in game" and the briefer less Spammy content is... reposting the exact same image you already posted on the same page of the same thread?

I'd like to say you are moving in the correct direction... but... are you?