Actual release date

DBxTheKingDBxTheKing United States Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218659Members
When will Subnautica actually release as a full game to Xbox One?

Comments

• Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    Even the devs are not sure but this will probably be this year. very probably
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members

August was the initial target, I believe.
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    it wont they have to fix the game and catch it up to steam first unless they dont know how to fix the console errors/bugs then just never
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    Yes august was the target but the exosuit update was planned for may so they are late. but it is almost sure that the game will release this year.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Isn't the August target for the PC version, which is way ahead of the xb1?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited June 2016
    yomama wrote: »
    Isn't the August target for the PC version, which is way ahead of the xb1?

PC version is barely ahead of XB1 version. Some one-and-a-half update and all effort right now is in getting the two synced up. They'll be out of EA concurrently.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    My understanding was that it was months behind in terms of content and bugs. If this is incorrect thats fantastic...I'm gifting an Xbox copy to a younger player so the status is a concern
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    yomama wrote: »
    My understanding was that it was months behind in terms of content and bugs.

This is (currently) the case. There should be a patch out within the next few weeks that brings the Xbox version up to speed.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    The devs are currently working to bring the xb1 version up to parity with the PC. It just takes longer since they have to do more tuning to make sure everything is running right and it also has to pass xbox certification process which can take up to two weeks.
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members

I hiiiiiiighly doubt that
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
    WarViper wrote: »
    The devs are currently working to bring the xb1 version up to parity with the PC. It just takes longer since they have to do more tuning to make sure everything is running right and it also has to pass xbox certification process which can take up to two weeks.

Ive been waiting 2+ months
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    WarViper wrote: »

Ive been waiting 2+ months

We only released on XboxOne Preview on May 17th. Our next patch is in testing and as soon as it passes it'll go live.

We're waiting in "dog years" lol.... feels like 7 months. Seriously though thank you for the active updates. Although annoying I think the impatience for an update is a good sign of the interest in this game and am happy to see the anticipation. Some just don't phrase it very well for a community that is eager to help.
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    edited June 2016
    I am going to clear all of this up with what the Devs have said to save their time from answering the same questions over and over again.

Firstly, Subnautica's aim was to release in August, but that is likely to be pushed back to September and October. They have aims, but there is no official release date as like they have said, in the wold of game programming, it is just too hard to determine a proper date.

Secondly, if you haven't been paying attention before commenting and if you haven't been reading the Devs' responses, you wouldn't know that they are working on merging the two branches (PC and Xbox) together, so that when an update is released for PC, it is also released at roughly the same time (it can't be the exact same time, due to Microsoft's certification tests) on Xbox, meaning that you guys won't be behind PC anymore. Right now, the Devs are just catching the Xbox version up to PC, you guys will be getting a MASSIVE content update once it goes through certification (likely to take roughly a week) and after that, the Devs will likely be focusing on purely addressing the performance issues.

Lastly, @SubnauticSurvivour, I've been waiting for the games release since January 2015, so, have some patience please.

Hope this all helps and I hope I have saved the Devs some time :tongue:
  • Eclipse84Eclipse84 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218960Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    I am going to clear all of this up with what the Devs have said to save their time from answering the same questions over and over again.

Firstly, Subnautica's aim was to release in August, but that is likely to be pushed back to September and October. They have aims, but there is no official release date as like they have said, in the wold of game programming, it is just too hard to determine a proper date.

Secondly, if you haven't been paying attention before commenting and if you haven't been reading the Devs' responses, you wouldn't know that they are working on merging the two branches (PC and Xbox) together, so that when an update is released for PC, it is also released at roughly the same time (it can't be the exact same time, due to Microsoft's certification tests) on Xbox, meaning that you guys won't be behind PC anymore. Right now, the Devs are just catching the Xbox version up to PC, you guys will be getting a MASSIVE content update once it goes through certification (likely to take roughly a week) and after that, the Devs will likely be focusing on purely addressing the performance issues.

Lastly, @SubnauticSurvivour, I've been waiting for the games release since January 2015, so, have some patience please.

no you really didnt someone will ask the dev's again... if the devs want to avoid answering the same things over and over again they need to do a post and pin it and make sure no one can respond to it.. then they need to put a restriction in to where people cant post about the same questions.. a pop up should come up with a link to click that takes them to the dev posted pin ... that would make things easier for devs.. saying your going to same time is not going to work... the devs have to save them selves time by doing that... enough said
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Eclipse84 wrote: »
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »

no you really didnt someone will ask the dev's again... if the devs want to avoid answering the same things over and over again they need to do a post and pin it and make sure no one can respond to it.. then they need to put a restriction in to where people cant post about the same questions.. a pop up should come up with a link to click that takes them to the dev posted pin ... that would make things easier for devs.. saying your going to same time is not going to work... the devs have to save them selves time by doing that... enough said

They wouldn't want to restrict people from asking questions because this is a community. Also, I did say 'hope I will save time' and not 'will save time' at the end.
    :tongue: