MASSIVE 514MB Update...

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
It's downloading right now. Holy sh-t, what's in it? Uh, Devs? Changelog, please? Is this the Exosuit in Experimental????

Update: Oh, dear...

uwjtdy3cap6k.jpg

ketkcxqyk4ol.jpg

qdo7t44o3zhy.jpg

l4cbxbj7hr84.jpg

segqdkpb7tm2.jpg

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    *Immediately starts up Subnautica again having just stopped playing*
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    Prepare for odd texture corruption and missing/corrupt blueprint icons; also the view now 'flickers' when you view the "god-rays"/sun shafts in the water. Oh, dear. Well, we ought to expect things like this; it's experimental after all. I thought it was because I was using an 'old' Save, but this appears in a brand new Creative Mode game as well.

What did they do that some textures would be borked like this? Did the Devs update the engine to a newer version of Unity?
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Yeah, we have been freaking out about the update in Discord and we can't find anything new but these weird textures and graphical glitches. if anyone finds anything new please mention it here.
  • Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    Ok! I found something BIG! But its only in the Entgal I think, but... I found the Precurser Base or whatever its supposed to be called. It had a giant cannon on top of it. The whole base looks like the Borg from Star Trek. I wish I got pictures but my game crashed not 10 second before it loaded in... I haven't checked the Prison to see if it spawns there, but you guys need to see it for yourself.
  • Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    edited June 2016
    *snipped* on request. Please don't post precursor things
    It very well may be, but it looks primitive at the moment; blocky and untextured. But my god... when that thing's finished and in game... this changes everything...
    One thing that I dont get... If this thing is supposed to be where the Sea Emperor Prison is, how does it shoot down the Aurora? Wouldn't the cannon need to be above ground?
    ... fires some kind of beam that doesn't diffuse in water? Some kind of plasma-gas? Fires water encapsulated in something to make it 'hard'? GAH, SPECULATION!!!!!
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    It really changes everything.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    That certainly looks like it could've shot down Aurora. This is super exciting!
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    This is our efforts in bringing the Xbox and Steam versions together. Obviously, there are some issues we need to fix :wink:

YA! More news about the Xbox one patch ( well kinda ) at the very least its a step in that direction :smile:
    edited June 2016
    dmoqg8wbybs1.jpg

drkzmv1a3wj1.jpg

hty9qplexjr2.jpg

qbcwb5v6riv9.jpg

"Damn it, which one of you kids sprayed my base with all of this metallic-fleck paint?! I need to repaint my base, now! Urrggh... first they p-ss in my Moon Pool, and now this... *grumble, mumble*... no respect for Elders..."

"Paint Blueprint not found. Please see an Alterra Science Technician."

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!"
    Im sorry, but are the bottoms of the Generic Rooms CANDY CANES?! If they ever make it so you can customize your base color, I pray for candy canes XD
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    Oh wow, the precursor bases look sick as.

Downloading the update rn, it says 1 hr left lol
    Pros: Subnautica seems to load a bit quicker.
    Con: Corrupted Textures. This has been fixed.
    Con: I cannot build any of the 'big' rooms - Multi-Purpose, Observatory, or Moon Pool.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    ... fires some kind of beam that doesn't diffuse in water? Some kind of plasma-gas? Fires water encapsulated in something to make it 'hard'? GAH, SPECULATION!!!!!

It could be a form of Meson Gun.
    [quoting out of game references]
    A specialized type of particle beam weapon first postulated in the Traveller RPG universe is the meson gun. Pi neutral mesons (created by the collision of an electron and a positron) are subatomic particles that pass through normal matter with very little interaction, similarly to neutrinos. However, the also have a very short life span, decaying with a burst of gamma rays, which reacts much more substantially with material substances. A meson gun accelerates pi neutral meson particles to near-light speed, where time dilation slows their rate of decay. If done with precision, the mesons can be timed to decay at a predetermined spot, and if packed densely enough in the beam they can unleash a tremendous amount of energy, approaching the level of nuclear bombs.

Mesons guns are a technology that requires a very advanced degree of sophistication in all its elements, as the weapon has to accelerate the pi neutral mesons to within the right tiny window of near-light speed to delay their decay until they are passing through or near the desired target. They do have a very unique property of being able to be fired through physical objects without harming or even interacting with them in any way. They can bypass defenses such as sandcaster clouds, magnetic fields, and physical armor easily. In fact, a ship equipped with a sufficiently powerful meson gun could theoretically fire completely through a planet to hit a target on the other side.

The great hurdle in producing this technology is the precise three-dimensional targeting needed in order to make a hit. Meson guns would work best against slow moving targets or against targets with predictable paths, such as installations on a planet or an orbiting space station.

Hitting a rapidly moving target such as a spaceship would be considerably more difficult. In order to assure a hit, the distance between target and gun should be as narrow as possible. In space combat, even if its packing a nuclear-bomb-level punch, a meson gun would probably work best if the target is within a light-second at most so the target's predicted paths of movement cannot vary too much for the weapon to get a lock on it.

and

The collision of an electron and a positron creates a pi neutral meson. Mesons have short half-lives, which can be prolonged to precise duration by accelerating them to relativistic speeds. Mesons do not interact significantly with other particles, and matter is therefore transparent to them. By controlling the velocity of the beam, the mesons may be caused to decay inside a target, producing intense radiation effects.

Because the beam does not interact with rock, there are deep meson sites used for planetary defense. The sites are buried deep into the world's crust, and can defend against attacking ships with impunity. Unfortunately the sensors necessary for targeting and possibly the power source (detectable by neutrino emissions, if nuclear) are not as fortunate.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Pretty cool.... looks Cyclopean and glyph covered...

However, it is missing the "abnormal, non-Euclidean, and loathsomely redolent of spheres and dimensions apart from ours."

You know that you can program non-euclidean & hyper-dimensional geometries using a software renderer? ...and have the dimensions rotate in and out of 3d space...

...oh, well, maybe next time ;):D
  • EcnahcEcnahc USA Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214400Members
    lol That tool looks so much like a Valve motion controller now that I had another look at it. Damn I wish VR would have been out for awhile before development started.
  • TVGAFTVGAF Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218776Members
    We just gotta wait and see...
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Yeah, we have been freaking out about the update in Discord and we can't find anything new but these weird textures and graphical glitches. if anyone finds anything new please mention it here.

Looks kind of like some of the textures' UV mapping was temporarily screwed up.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    The color makes me feel happy :) i love pretty colors. i wouldn't mind that much if i had this glitch.