WHEN IS THE UPDATE!

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @nanonoob Yes it is. It was originally released on Steam, and recently added to the Xbox Onx store. So you can buy it either on your PC or your Xbox, whichever one you prefer.
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    edited June 2016
    @nanonoob

your better off buying it for steam as the devs are faster at putting out fixes and updates for the steam version of the game
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    @nanonoob

your better off buying it for steam as the devs are faster at putting out fixes and updates for the steam version of the game

I had thought we'd explained the situation pretty clearly already in this thread. As has been stated several times now, the long delay in the first Xbox One update is due to the large task of merging both Xbox and PC versions, once and for all. Now that it is almost done, it looks like all future updates will be much more in sync, with simultaneous releases on Xbox and Steam. With the only difference being the certification process on Xbox, which can take up to a week after we have a release candidate of the update.

Unfortunately, you'll most likely have to continue explaining this until the two versions are finally parallel and the simultaneous updates actually start happening.
  • JebusChrustJebusChrust Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218634Members
    @Squeal_Like_A_Pig @Obraxis

Thank you guys for working so hard on getting this update out. I started lurking the forums a little bit back to see how the game was coming along developmentally and was blown away to see that the next update will make the Xbox One up to date with the PC. I thought it would be like Minecraft where the console was always half a year behind in updates and would take forever to get the content that the PC has. So thank you very much for showing that you care about the Xbox One community. I've already gotten one friend to buy the game and we're both stoked for the update!
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    edited June 2016
    @nanonoob

I had thought we'd explained the situation pretty clearly already in this thread. As has been stated several times now, the long delay in the first Xbox One update is due to the large task of merging both Xbox and PC versions, once and for all. Now that it is almost done, it looks like all future updates will be much more in sync, with simultaneous releases on Xbox and Steam. With the only difference being the certification process on Xbox, which can take up to a week after we have a release candidate of the update.

There's a difference between Legitimate Complaints and complaining because you can. if you are going to complain, at the very goddamn least do it in a civil tone.

Here's the Jig: You'll complain if it's broken when it comes out, and you'll complain if they take time to fix the Xbone exclusive bugs before they release the patch. So UWE is in a No-Win Situation.

~AurOn2
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    @nanonoob

you can explain all you want for the xbox users but guess what the updates you put out are faster for pc then xbox... i can sit here and say im glad i spent my 19.99 for a game i can play even if its a preview.. but that wouldnt be true as the game crashes to much for me to enjoy.. just like you can say your doing 150000 tests and retest to make sure the bugs and errors are fixed for xbox ... but if this was the case it be all hands on deck and every single person would be doing console work and not half and half... so by all means keep posting whatever you wish it is your website and im just a consumer...

PC does not get updates faster. Why do we need to keep repeating this? PC got one update, ONE, which fell on the monthly update deadline that exists for PC. XB1 currently has its monthly schedule at a two weeks difference from PC because it was released in the middle of May. This should only occur this once and from here on out we'll get updates concurrently. If everything goes right, this should also mean the second XB1 update to come faster because it'll go along with the PC one. And that's the update "half" the team is working on.

• njohnson1448njohnson1448 Alabama Join Date: 2016-06-14 Member: 218556Members
    edited June 2016
    @nanonoob

you can explain all you want for the xbox users but guess what the updates you put out are faster for pc then xbox... i can sit here and say im glad i spent my 19.99 for a game i can play even if its a preview.. but that wouldnt be true as the game crashes to much for me to enjoy.. just like you can say your doing 150000 tests and retest to make sure the bugs and errors are fixed for xbox ... but if this was the case it be all hands on deck and every single person would be doing console work and not half and half... so by all means keep posting whatever you wish it is your website and im just a consumer...

Hate to say it man, but this is their game. If they wanted to give us an update every 6 months or more they could. Or choose to not focus on Xbox version bugs at all right now. We all knew there would most likely issues when we bought it due to it not being quite completed yet. I'm not calling you out or anything, just trying to say that they have a successful game on P.C. that they have to continue working on as well, so they can't go balls to the wall on the Xbox. Limited amounts of resources can only be spread so far. Me personally, I'm just happy they made the jump to xbox. But as a final note, if it crashes too much to be enjoyable, you could hold off on playing for a few days til the update hits. Take some time and do the things you never had. :)
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    The Devs have said it so much, there should be no longer a need for this much dispute to continue on this thread. Personally, I'm hoping it will be closed or people will just chill and leave it here. The Thread's original intention has been answered; let's all relax and watch the Xbox and Steam version merge - the best of the both worlds.
    @HYBRID1313 Buuuuutttttt whyyyyyyyyyy??? Lol
    @HYBRID1313 Buuuuutttttt whyyyyyyyyyy??? Lol

There are just a lot of unnecessary fights and stuff. The Devs are repeating theirselves and people are not listening. We all just need to chill and enjoy the game. Life is too short to be fighting over PC and Console and who gets the updates first. The Devs are now merging the versions so Xbox can get updates almost as frequently as PC = problem solved.
    You sir have my respect. I agree completely. No need to fight and ask the same questions constantly. I'm surprised they aren't annoyed yet. Although squeal did seem a bit irritated this last time. So lastly guys, it'll be soon. My guess is a week or two tops. So let's just chill. Be friends. qme6p64q0wfr.jpg
    edited June 2016
    You sir have my respect. I agree completely. No need to fight and ask the same questions constantly. I'm surprised they aren't annoyed yet. Although squeal did seem a bit irritated this last time. So lastly guys, it'll be soon. My guess is a week or two tops. So let's just chill. Be friends. qme6p64q0wfr.jpg

: D
  • danpdanp AZ Join Date: 2016-06-18 Member: 218718Members
    I agree, there is no reason to get upset over this. If the PC version did not exist, you would not know what you did not have, and you would just think you had a buggy 1st release, preview/alpha game. I myself have the XB1 version and not the PC version, and yes I have lost items and time to bugs. It is not a big deal. They have a track record of fixing things and releasing content regularly, and XB1 has a record of forcing development to take a lot longer than it does on PC. I think everything is more or less as it should be. The preview/alpha game is buggy as hell on its first release, with a good developer struggling to push several months of content and fixes through Microsoft's red tape in a relatively short time span. Situation: normal. Now let's eat pie.
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    All I've ever owned is consoles since nintendo was released. Never owned a gaming PC, so I'm just stoked they were able to bring it to Xbox. Without that I'd never get to play this game, which is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites. It also gives me hope in the possibility of more PC games merging with consoles. I'm not sure why some people are getting so frustrated, as I remember it wasn't that long ago you couldn't even get PC games like this on console. Shouldn't we be excited that we now do, and to me it sounds like the devs are doing all they can to get the update to us quickly while making sure it's high quality too. Personally quality trumps quantity or SPEED any day. That may just be me. I'm happy waiting either way, cause this game is going to be well worth. Thank you @Squeal_Like_A_Pig and @Obraxis for keeping us in the loop, you guys are doing a great job
    This thread has gone from irritating me to warming my heart... along with that kitten poster from Trello :D
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    What I don't understand is this- You already have these updated features released on PC. XBOX ONE runs a Win 8/10 operating system ( at least partially). How can there still be so many bugs in this update ? Wouldn't the majority of the bugs have been taken care of already (via the PC release)?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2016
    1RoMo1 wrote: »
    What I don't understand is this- You already have these updated features released on PC. XBOX ONE runs a Win 8/10 operating system ( at least partially). How can there still be so many bugs in this update ? Wouldn't the majority of the bugs have been taken care of already (via the PC release)?

My guess is, the specifications are the main cause for this. The Xbone has to, because of lack of optimisations, do way more than it should be capable of. Possibly running into buffer problems, causing the CPU/GPU having to wait on things, which in itself cause bugs in the game code...

And, PC vs Xbone public release are not yet the exact same version. I'm pretty sure the architecture of the Xbone also requires different methods as well.

Talking like I know this stuff, but these are conclusions I draw based on various factors and game breaking bugs introduced in Natural Selection 2 (and my own game scripting/"coding" adventures). The thing is:

If a game engine struggles, odd things will happen...

This is because you guys had got an older version of the game, what you see us on PC with right now is not what it was when it was at your version - I imagine it was similar to Xbox (I can't remember, I was around at the time though). The Devs couldn't export you guys the up-to-date PC version at the time, but now it is being merged so y'all should be fine. I see no further reason for discussion, as essentially every question has been answered (just go back pages and look at the Devs' responses). Hope this helps :)
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    Unfortunately with the present state of the XBOX release, these forums are more interesting that the actual game (IMHO, that isn't a good thing). I'm sure EVENTUALLY Subnautica will get an update of some kind, until then there is hundreds of other XBOX titles to eat up my spare time.
    Subnautica is a great game idea and it will be interesting to see what comes of it in the future. To quote a line from an old movie "Until that time, Eustice, until that time "
    Unfortunately with the present state of the XBOX release, these forums are more interesting that the actual game (IMHO, that isn't a good thing). I'm sure EVENTUALLY Subnautica will get an update of some kind, until then there is hundreds of other XBOX titles to eat up my spare time.
    Subnautica is a great game idea and it will be interesting to see what comes of it in the future. To quote a line from an old movie "Until that time, Eustice, until that time "

The Devs have said multiple times that the update is coming very soon, my bet is around a week to two weeks because of the changes currently undergoing in the PC version to fit your Xbox version. It's fun for neither of us, but it's the best for the both worlds (updated Xbox means more fun for you guys, which means more people will buy it, which then goes on to more funding to update and improve the game, so yeah). The reason why I'm confident that the update is nearby is because, well the PC version has already been merged and now they are just fixing all the bugs that have come from merging it, which shouldn't take too long. Like you said, go play other Xbox titles until that update or go kick the Football or whatever.
    The Devs have basically answered everything so I do not understand why this discussion keeps on going :?
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    edited June 2016
    @nanonoob

This is a place to try to make the game better not worse. If you don't like it then don't play. Plz try to show some respect when you are talking to someone on the team that can say forget about doing anything on the XBOX.
    edited June 2016
    @kenticwolfpack

Mate, it drives my nerves crazy too, but please just settle down a bit. They kind of do have reason to be pissed off, if you look at it from their perspective (although many may not know how long programming takes and that we had to go through the same pain too). All you're doing is adding fuel to the fire that I'm drying to suffocate, so please edit your comment as it is kind of going out of the forum rules. Xbox players, ignore it and please have a little more patience, it is now a struggle for both PC players and Xbox with the merging of updates. The Devs are trying their best, believe me.
  • woopswoops Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217920Members
    How do we officially request a thread to get locked? There is absolutely nothing productive coming out of anybody in here.
  • kenticwolfpackkenticwolfpack Texas Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218225Members
    HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    @kenticwolfpack

Mate, it drives my nerves crazy too, but please just settle down a bit. They kind of do have reason to be pissed off, if you look at it from their perspective (although many may not know how long programming takes and that we had to go through the same pain too). All you're doing is adding fuel to the fire that I'm drying to suffocate, so please edit your comment as it is kind of going out of the forum rules. Xbox players, ignore it and please have a little more patience, it is now a struggle for both PC players and Xbox with the merging of updates. The Devs are trying their best, believe me.
    @kenticwolfpack

Hows that
    edited June 2016
    @kenticwolfpack

@kenticwolfpack

Hows that

Much better, thank you. Don't worry, I feel your pain, but that was just a little too much :P
    No productivity? @woops :blush:
    So...but random...but Australian people really say mate a lot? It's not some stereotypical thing?
    So...but random...but Australian people really say mate a lot? It's not some stereotypical thing?

Well, yeah we kind of do. Like how you'd talk to a highschool friend or whatnot. We do say it quit frequently, but probably not as much as it is stereotyped and certainly not in the voices that are stereotyped, or at least that is for most of us. Our rednecks are called 'bogans' and they actually have those voices, they swear a lot and whatnot so they are about as close as it comes to the stereotype, keep in mind though that there aren't many of them. A little bit of Australian culture for you :blush:
    PS: The way I used it to talk to that person is used quite frequently too, like when you want to ask someone who you don't know to calm down a bit without being too rude and in a friendly manner :)
This discussion has been closed.