Subnautica Water Bottles now available! Each 1 sold gives 5 years clean water to 1 person in Africa

ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited October 2016 in Subnautica General Discussion
Hey everyone! :smiley:

We're Partnering with Givemetap on a great water-based Subnautica product that saves lives.

Each water bottle sold gives 1 person in Africa 5 years of clean water.

GiveMeTap-Subnautica-Bottle-Blue-Shopify-3_0f2a68da-9cd8-4ea0-a602-6b42aaaacdee.png?v=1466042586

Go here to purchase a bottle and help save lives! :smile:

http://www.givemetap.com/products/subnautica

**Offer now over**

Comments

• WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    Subnautica I hate to break it to you but you are another victim of one of the many "Help the Africans" causes. There is extremely little information on their website on how they actually provide these 5 years of water to someone. It has long since been proven that many of these websites that claim to help someone out in africa are scalping a huge percentage of the profits and pocketing it for themselves. I'll bet that maybe $2 worth of the $18 you spend on that bottle actually goes to help someone out in aftrica. The rest goes into the pocket of guy on that website. Also by doing this you are damaging the economy of whatever country they are trying to "help" since this is taking jobs away from their local people.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    WarViper wrote: »
    Subnautica I hate to break it to you but you are another victim of one of the many "Help the Africans" causes. There is extremely little information on their website on how they actually provide these 5 years of water to someone. It has long since been proven that many of these websites that claim to help someone out in africa are scalping a huge percentage of the profits and pocketing it for themselves. I'll bet that maybe $2 worth of the $18 you spend on that bottle actually goes to help someone out in aftrica. The rest goes into the pocket of guy on that website. Also by doing this you are damaging the economy of whatever country they are trying to "help" since this is taking jobs away from their local people.

Yes, I would definetly like some more information than a vague sentence. Not that I am against helping people, but there isn't really a specific place mentioned (other than "Africa" which is an entire continent) or a specific thing stating how my eighteen bucks can provide five years worth of drinking water.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Looking at the website, only 20% actually goes toward the water project, as they call them, and they only install pumps if that project reaches a goal.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    edited June 2016
    Eh, I wanted to write something very smart and witty here, but I'll just go and buy myself a bottle instead. I'll have the first official SN merch to show off and enjoy, and some - however small - portion of my payment will go to a good cause. Even if it's only 2 dollars, that's still 2 dollars more than would get there if the bottle was just ordinary merchandise sold in a gaming store. I'd say that's a win.
  • fierybonesfierybones Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216190Members
    Oh my gosh I am so going to order one... that is so cool of subnautica and give me tap to make such a difference to these people in Africa that either don't have water or have dirty water that they have to walk miles to get two buckets of dirty parasite filled water.

.COOL
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    edited June 2016
    FINALLY A WAY TO EXPRESS MY LOVE FOR THIS BEUTIFUL GAME!
    And a way to help those poor people in africa.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Wow im really happy to see this partnership thing happen! by buying this cool looking Subnautican water bottle not only do we get to support the game but we also get to help defavorized people to have something vital which is clean water. Im very hyped for this and i just bought 2 bottles, one for work and one for long travels! :smiley:
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    ...and they're also fellow players...
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    yomama wrote: »
    ...and they're also fellow players...

Wait a second .... theyre not extinguishing the lifepod fire with water from their own bottles? THIS CANT BE LEGIT :fearful::scream::trollface:
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    Hey... we should ask the Devs to redo the little grey "Filtered Water" bottle in-game to look like the Give-Me-Tap Subnautica bottle! Also, for those curious, some info on the "Afridev Pumps" they use...

rural-water-supply.net/en/implementation/public-domain-handpumps/afridev
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Coranth

Those bottles aren't big enough to put out much of anything...unfortunately
  • Conor891Conor891 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-17 Member: 218678Members
    Oh god this looked so cool I had to buy one, and I hardly buy anything like this. If you guys already reached your goal, did my purchase help with anything though?
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    GiveMeTap wrote: »

Really appreciate the feedback and will definitely work to improve the messaging on our website.

You guys have gone above and beyond in answering the questions and concerns brought up, and with just what your company is doing in general, thank you so much :) Next paycheck is definitely going towards one of these bottles lol
  • GiveMeTapGiveMeTap San Francisco Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218653Members
    Conor891 wrote: »
    Oh god this looked so cool I had to buy one, and I hardly buy anything like this. If you guys already reached your goal, did my purchase help with anything though?

Thanks again for the kind note you left us Conor. Definitely made the team chuckle o:)

Even though we've now reached the target, EVERY bottle still counts. Your purchase will go to towards funding our next project which we will be announcing very soon!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Now going to sticky this post as there is just 1 week remaining to get your bottles!
  • Eclipse84Eclipse84 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-23 Member: 218960Members
    edited June 2016
  • darkknightdarkknight Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219022Members
    Any idea how long these usually take to ship? Just curious since I ordered one about 6 days ago.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    darkknight wrote: »
    Any idea how long these usually take to ship? Just curious since I ordered one about 6 days ago.

As far as I'm aware, once the campaign ends they will be made and then shipped.
  • darkknightdarkknight Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219022Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    darkknight wrote: »

As far as I'm aware, once the campaign ends they will be made and then shipped.

Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. :)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    How long will they be available cause I really want one and I'm afraid that I might get in too late!
    How long will they be available cause I really want one and I'm afraid that I might get in too late!

2 Days left!
  • GiveMeTapGiveMeTap San Francisco Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218653Members
    edited June 2016
    We are truly overwhelmed by how awesome this community is!

We'd like to thank each and everyone of you for your orders so far.

The response to this Movement Bottle has been incredible.

We'd also like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Flayra and Obraxis! Thank you for giving us the green light to make these bottles happen and helping us get the word out.

Also, for those of you running low on titanium, we have an extra special surprise. We're giving away one exclusive Titanium Grey bottle signed by the team! . All of you who purchased a bottle and shared the Tweet we sent you are eligible to win it.

Less than 24 hours to go so if you haven't purchased one yet this is your last chance.

:blush:
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    edited June 2016
    Oh. :( Will there be a second campaign?
    Edit:I will be ordering one tonight!
    From what I've seen, only thirteen have been sold including mine! I'm an Aussie so in total it cost about $40.00. I'm not complaint because it's for a good cause and some people in Africa now have 65 years of water, but I was expecting even hoping that more people were willing to purchase an awesome water bottle so people in Africa get 5 years of water per purchase. Again, not complaining.
    From what I've seen, only thirteen have been sold including mine! I'm an Aussie so in total it cost about $40.00. I'm not complaint because it's for a good cause and some people in Africa now have 65 years of water, but I was expecting even hoping that more people were willing to purchase an awesome water bottle so people in Africa get 5 years of water per purchase. Again, not complaining.

It says 66 sold right there on the website link. :smile: