Update 302 now live on steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    RadimaX wrote: »
    Its not extremely rare it happens every day i play, if only my pc could handle recording and playing at the same time...just the gate thing happen 3 times yesterday we was going to base rush cargo from the dome and half the players spawned back in main base after using phasegate where we just got beaconed to seconds ago...what if the tunnel was taking every alien back to where they entered it? would that not been considered a issue worth looking into? i post this 3 issues on every update in hopes that it will in at least my lifetime get fixed or atleast looked at so thank you for realizing their existence and hopefully adress them. Thanks #F0rdPrefect then i will play ns2 especially wednesday just like any other day.

Which server do you play on? I get the phase gate bug very rarely, so it may be a server thing. (Looking at LuckyFkers and their spawn problems here)
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its not extremely rare it happens every day i play, if only my pc could handle recording and playing at the same time...just the gate thing happen 3 times yesterday we was going to base rush cargo from the dome and half the players spawned back in main base after using phasegate where we just got beaconed to seconds ago...what if the tunnel was taking every alien back to where they entered it? would that not been considered a issue worth looking into? i post this 3 issues on every update in hopes that it will in at least my lifetime get fixed or atleast looked at so thank you for realizing their existence and hopefully adress them. Thanks #F0rdPrefect then i will play ns2 especially wednesday just like any other day.

Which server do you play on? I get the phase gate bug very rarely, so it may be a server thing. (Looking at LuckyFkers and their spawn problems here)

I am reluctant that he reveals which one, for all technical support warranties will be rendered void upon mention :smiley:
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited June 2016
    its a GAME thing not a SERVER thing since it have happend on following servers:
    IBISgaming.com NS2#1 DC
    [TA] House of Awsome!
    NS2rus.ru #4 | <1300 skill
    Lubker Design
    NS2RUS.ru # 1
    Woozas HamsterWheel
    | ParadiseCommunity | NS2 |
    and about 5 other servers i cannot remember it was mostly on Caged during last week it happen alot so please dont try to blame this on servers since it even happen 2 or 3 years ago in competative matches hosted by UWE. Xenocide dealing 0 damadge even amont 6 marines with red hp showing suicide skull symbol also happens sometimes four times in a row and all you do is run in die then wait for 1 minute respawning doing absolutely nothing for the team except suiciding (same as typing kill in console)
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited June 2016
    The phase gate thing happens when people try to phase at similar times. Is that not enough to reproduce with?

Maybe it's them entering from opposite sides of the gate at the same time. @Nordic

Could have to do with the directionality of phase gate (when exiting) and the queueing code.

Just have people build a new phase gate to connect somewhere and be standing on it at the same time in various configurations
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    its a GAME thing not a SERVER thing since it have happend on following servers:
    IBISgaming.com NS2#1 DC
    [TA] House of Awsome!
    NS2rus.ru #4 | <1300 skill
    Lubker Design
    NS2RUS.ru # 1
    Woozas HamsterWheel
    | ParadiseCommunity | NS2 |
    and about 5 other servers i cannot remember it was mostly on Caged during last week it happen alot so please dont try to blame this on servers since it even happen 2 or 3 years ago in competative matches hosted by UWE. Xenocide dealing 0 damadge even amont 6 marines with red hp showing suicide skull symbol also happens sometimes four times in a row and all you do is run in die then wait for 1 minute respawning doing absolutely nothing for the team except suiciding (same as typing kill in console)

Well something needs to be different about you, since you seem to get this bug a lot more often than everyone else.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited June 2016
    All my components are from 2011 when i build the pc not sure if even relevant since its NS2 issue but:

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
    16.0 GB DDR3 @ 668MHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    1TB Western Digital
    625GB Western Digital

Gate glitch happens to half the team not just me induvidually, xeno glitch happen to anyone on aliens team and clearly cc closed to E V E R Y single player on the entire server.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Gate glitch happens to me on a regular basis. You must just not be quick enough getting to phase gates to be taking them with other people, sounds like a you issue :)
  • migalskimigalski Boston Join Date: 2014-07-02 Member: 197181Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well something needs to be different about you, since you seem to get this bug a lot more often than everyone else.
    This has been a super common bug for years, have you played ns2 since it was released?
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited June 2016
    I know the phase gate issue was on the trello before. Was this ever looked into by the devs? Anyone want to comment?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Is it possible to exlude yourself from the warm up mode?

@Devs? WIll that be possible with the next patch?
    migalski wrote: »
    This has been a super common bug for years, have you played ns2 since it was released?

Yes I did, would you imagine that? And I don't get this bug nearly as often as he describes.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members

It's possible now... just stay in the RR (or go hide in a vent if you go alien) until the game is starting.

Not sure why you'd want to exclude yourself from warmup though.
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    MoFo1 wrote: »

It's possible now... just stay in the RR (or go hide in a vent if you go alien) until the game is starting.

How is that a solution? I do not want to sit in vents or the ready room.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    edited June 2016

So what do you want? To be on a team and able to run around biting/shooting at other players with no damage or death??

If you don't want to be shooting/biting other players then why not sit in RR or a vent? Or if you don't want to play pre-game you can just stand around and let the other team kill you if they come into your base since it doesn't matter in any way...
  • AliteAlite Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60188Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    At least in comp mod servers, I would get it pretty often, and it was always when I used a gate RIGHT after someone else, the person before me would usually get to the destination, while I would always end up in the same room.

I'm almost 100% sure it has something to do with using a gate milliseconds after another marine.

So what do you want? To be on a team and able to run around biting/shooting at other players with no damage or death??

If you don't want to be shooting/biting other players then why not sit in RR or a vent? Or if you don't want to play pre-game you can just stand around and let the other team kill you if they come into your base since it doesn't matter in any way...

I want to run around the map without getting killed.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am told IronHorse has a video of it. The bug really is super common. It is not reproducible in a reliable manner. As Yojimbo mentioned he lead a group of us to try and figure it out. We had many different configurations of marines hopping in and out of phase gates.

I am just stating what I know about the bug. A dev could possibly say more.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow

This has never been under the players' control. It is up to the server whether to use Pre-Game Plus or not. You can, however, suggest that Ghoul add an individual opt-out feature to PGP, where you cannot deal or receive damage. That would probably be more work than it deserves, since I have never heard anyone else request this.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd like that feature as well since I usually use pre-game to practice trick jumps and wall hops in maps.
  • NovoReiNovoRei US Join Date: 2014-11-18 Member: 199718Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    I am told IronHorse has a video of it. The bug really is super common. It is not reproducible in a reliable manner. As Yojimbo mentioned he lead a group of us to try and figure it out. We had many different configurations of marines hopping in and out of phase gates.

I am just stating what I know about the bug. A dev could possibly say more.

It looks like an implementation conflict between pg code and netcode. We should rename it to the Twilight Zone Gate where you can exist at 3 different places (client side, server side, the other clients side).

PG has caused me to be DOA when phasing away from dmg or phasing in to dmg. Yet to experience both at same time.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I had that CC bug only once and the reason was because the power node didn't drop itself when the CC got dropped. When we built the power node the CC was usable... unless you mean a different bug
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe @SamusDroid can shed some light of any of these issues.
    Keats wrote: »

This has never been under the players' control. It is up to the server whether to use Pre-Game Plus or not. You can, however, suggest that Ghoul add an individual opt-out feature to PGP, where you cannot deal or receive damage. That would probably be more work than it deserves, since I have never heard anyone else request this.
    Not every Server had PGP before luckily.

We could always change pgs into a floor mounted device where you need to press your use key to go through it
    Frozen wrote: »
    We could always change pgs into a floor mounted device where you need to press your use key to go through it

Sure. Who's going to model and texture it?
    Well that went over your head
    Frozen wrote: »
    Well that went over your head

Sorry. There's lots of ridiculous opinions on what should be changed about ns2. I mistook that for one ;)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mephilles wrote: »
    I had that CC bug only once and the reason was because the power node didn't drop itself when the CC got dropped. When we built the power node the CC was usable... unless you mean a different bug

I tried to reproduce that myself and I could not seem to get that bug. You don't need the power to use a chair.
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    Sometimes in combat you walk trough the pg or into the GorgeTunnel by accident.

How about you can only use PGS/GorgeTunnels if you Press your Use Key (E).

maybe you find the problem about pgs not working meanwhile.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Me9a wrote: »
    Sometimes in combat you walk trough the pg or into the GorgeTunnel by accident.

How about you can only use PGS/GorgeTunnels if you Press your Use Key (E).

maybe you find the problem about pgs not working meanwhile.

What if many players are using it in the same time? That wouldn't make too much sense. :D