Rookies not showing up in tab

2»

Comments

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Or green and white, like we used to have :D
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    No, I mean a way to see that they will are getting out of rookie status, not a 0 or 1 from green to white.
    Maybe earn some points after completing tutotials (get blue faster).
    (Oops, maybe it's the already the case ?)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wake wrote: »
    No, I mean a way to see that they will are getting out of rookie status, not a 0 or 1 from green to white.

At that point, just display their level next to the badges.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    Another weird change that older ns2 designers had the right idea with thats been changed by the new ns2 b-team. I guess as long as they can find one person on the forums to agree with them, they get to claim they arent ignoring the community completely.
    edited June 2016
    Exactly my point. Nonsense political correctness ruining video games now.

It's fine though. Just shout and get annoyed as you want. It's not your fault if the social engineers want to hide the fact that someone is new and inexperienced.
  • TinkiTinki Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Members
    migalski wrote: »
    Don't know about other players but whenever i use to see a server with more than half greens i would just leave or else just destroy them. It's boring + just pisses everyone off, now i can't know at all until they talk, genius!

Yep pretty much, and since you don't have an average skill indicator in the "amazing" server browser you can't notice it unless you look at each player individually. Was wondering why the few times i played the game lately i had more vote kick for "cheat" than usual.
    In the end it hurts the rookies more than me, if I was selfish i would say i really don't care (like for the health bar buff or shift hive buff for veterans)

No, numerical values are to be replaced by symbols :)
  • TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester

Three bars to be exact :D
    edited June 2016
    I think shruggies are the way to go. More shruggies = more skill? We'll never know.... because that is the point!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Three bars to be exact :D

" ... then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out."
  • AliteAlite Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60188Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2016
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »

dumb stuff

"This guys clearly knows what he's talking about"

stuff

I made that sarcastic comment NOT because you're a rookie (which I didn't know at the time, I realize you're one now because of how you phrase your posts) but because, clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry but it's the truth, being a rookie or not has nothing to do with it.

Next time I'll make sure I put a trigger warning just for you though, since it seems you're in dire need of more safe spaces for your poor little rookie self.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    fleas wrote: »
    Can you imagine those learner drivers don't have "L" plates and drives really slow. normal people are gonna start spamming their horn wondering why they are hogging the lane. Its only when they drive past or do a closer inspection that they realised they are learning.

I can confirm this coming from a country that doesn't have plates like this.

Nice analogy.
  • Sgt_SassSgt_Sass Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 213004Members
    I'm going to ignore the politically charged nonsense for now, it's completely off topic and has nothing to do with the science of psychology. I'm disappointed in some of you guys.

This is a really good idea! As a rookie gaining levels is motivating, if the metric is granular enough it can't be stigmatized, and it's a reasonable metric for determining whether someone is a rookie or a baddie which I think is, ultimately, what people are trying to figure out. Blizzard games do this and it works really well.
    edited June 2016
    Careful, I think cars are also politically incorrect. Please limit your transportation discussions to trains/buses only.

Funny to see the person who brought politics and social engineering in to this discussion now suddenly trying to be aloof.
    Can you imagine those learner drivers don't have "L" plates and drives really slow. normal people are gonna start spamming their horn wondering why they are hogging the lane. Its only when they drive past or do a closer inspection that they realised they are learning.

I work in Paris, whatever sticker you have on your shiny *ss, you'd better take off in less than 0.03 seconds when you have the pole position on a traffic light or they'll rush over your dead body :#
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited June 2016

I work in Paris, whatever sticker you have on your shiny *ss, you'd better take off in less than 0.03 seconds when you have the pole position on a traffic light or they'll rush over your dead body :#

lol, that sounds like eastern europe :D I would've thought all those baguettes and cheese made frenchmen more considerate :P
    Still, knowing what to expect beforehand is better, "assumption is the mother of all fuckups"
    edited June 2016
    A
    Careful, I think cars are also politically incorrect. Please limit your transportation discussions to trains/buses only.

Funny to see the person who brought politics and social engineering in to this discussion now suddenly trying to be aloof.

The gold star analogy wasn't meant to be political, and I already apologized for that. However you are confusing politics with psychology or misinterpreting something I typed, and that's on you.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-you/201409/should-we-give-our-kids-participation-trophies

To sum up, "So: should we give our kids participation trophies?

To be honest, it depends. As an unexpected surprise for someone’s unwavering dedication and effort – absolutely! As a meaningless gesture for just “showing up”—maybe not."

Edit: I don't think you know what social engineering means. At least in this context you aren't using it correctly. Whenever you see a friend drunk and stop him from driving home by calling a taxi for him you are engaging in the act of social engineering. It's a much broader term than many people think and we all engage in it nearly every single day. Trying to use it as a kind of insult doesn't make much sense.
    Back to the rookies ?
    Do we want them back ? Well I do, I'd agree on a 3 bars thingy (no, not in game under the health bar please !)
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Me too, I'd hate to be the one disencouraging newbies with my ingame rants :D
    Oh god please no more bars XD
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Highlighting rookies on the scoreboard should come back in someway, even if they start of as green then progress into a different color to show there progress.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited June 2016
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »
    Oh god please no more bars
    FTFY
    More screen clutter PLZ.