Cyclops Depth

blueroverbluerover UK Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218017Members
edited June 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
I have built a Cyclops and installed the Pressure Compensator but I get depth warnings when I go below 300m for damage and I got a hull breach (1 breach and 2 minor) after I passed 400m. The wiki says the depth of the Cyclops is 400m + 400m with the compensator. I have a Seamoth docked and I had seen issues about warnings based on the seamoth but that doesnt explain the actual breach I got in the cyclops.

Can someone clarify if this is normal or just a bug...

Many thanks

Edit: Apologies. Breach was after 400m. But I thought with compensator I could go to 800M. it seems safe depth is 200m increased to 400m with compensator.

Comments

• Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    The depth limit will be increased with the update.
  • blueroverbluerover UK Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218017Members
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    edited June 2016
    If you want details, the actual safe depth is 200 meters. after the update, it will be 500m. :) much nicer :wink:
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    bluerover wrote: »
    I have built a Cyclops and installed the Pressure Compensator but I get depth warnings when I go below 300m for damage and I got a hull breach (1 breach and 2 minor) after I passed 400m. The wiki says the depth of the Cyclops is 400m + 400m with the compensator. I have a Seamoth docked and I had seen issues about warnings based on the seamoth but that doesnt explain the actual breach I got in the cyclops.

Many thanks

Edit: Apologies. Breach was after 400m. But I thought with compensator I could go to 800M. it seems safe depth is 200m increased to 400m with compensator.
    bluerover wrote: »

Many thanks

Mine goes to 1700 meters if u get 2 compensators then one of each increased armor it goes to 1700 meters my seamoths go to 550 with recharge
  • 1RoMo11RoMo1 USA Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218356Members
    Why wait for an update? Use the admin console to increase your hull strength (Chelonian or Ultra Hull Reinforcement Module). Now the Cyclops can dive to 1000 meters.
    The game as it stands isn't much more than a tech demo anyhow, so it's hardly cheating.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    1RoMo1 wrote: »
    Why wait for an update? Use the admin console to increase your hull strength (Chelonian or Ultra Hull Reinforcement Module). Now the Cyclops can dive to 1000 meters.
    The game as it stands isn't much more than a tech demo anyhow, so it's hardly cheating.

I am very eager to play a legit survival or even hardcore file and do my best to stay honest but in the current version I have more fun playing the frame rate as a game mechanic and seeing just what i can get away with building/spawning before it is to bogged down to enjoy. Totally agree for now use the dev panel, make your world crazy fun and see just what you can get away with. The save is likely to need to be altered after any update anyway and although I have saved my first attempt to see how the patch will apply i now use the other game modes and just change the mode in dev panel when started. I think even after stability updates and even later versions you can learn a lot about the basics now by just messing around and it will help when we get to start a more stable file later.