Wooza's information wall

2»

Comments

• _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    wooza wrote: »
    Upcomming event:

Mod spotlight revived? No, its another Saturday mod night at Woozas!
    Join us to experience what has been hidden. On Saturday night we will play Siege+, Defense and Faded.
    How long will you survive?

Date:
    06/11/2016
    Saturday 8pm UTC (1pm PDT)

Game Modes:
    Siege+
    Defense
    Faded

Server:
    Wooza's Saturday Mod Night (24 Slots + 4 Specs)

I'll definitely try to be there, I'm not getting enough faded usually. And the other mods look neat, too.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Holy snip, <span style="color:red">Saturday</span> <span style="color:yellow">Mod</span> <span style="color:violet">Night</span>, you've got your title !

People, get ready !
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I actually have something coming up now, so I'm afraid I won't make it this saturday. Hope you'll do another one of these soon.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    I might come play a bit. I've never tried Faded or Defense.

How is Defense different from Last Stand?
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited June 2016
    While the defense mod takes some ideas from Last-Stand it's a bit far from it since you do not fight human players but bots throw at you via programmed waves (up to 60 aliens) or an alien commander (ala Zombie master). You can see it as a merge between Last-Stand and Xenowarm.

To win, marines can kill the only hive or survive all the waves. They have a commander too and can expand, build PG and fortify places to push forward while researching upgrades. Marines also have a few more abilites compared to vanilla (for example):
    * Balance for all the weapons (so they are all usefull)
    * --> Pistol throw flares on right click
    * --> GL explodes on impact and throw pulse on right click
    * --> MG has explosive bullets (clip to the target, release a bit of smoke and explode a short moment after)
    * Napalm grenades and clippable grenades (can be detonate like C4 afterward, to make traps (imported from the faded))
    * Droppable sentries and a much more powerfull version of the ARC shooting at aliens too
    * Medic class
    * AI reworked to be more aggressive (lerks especially) and to use bile, spore and stomp (xeno is on the way)

If you have some time this weekend there will be a few match on this mod, feel free to join.

Ps: About the Faded, it's broken at the moment, so you might need to wait a bit before trying., It's back online. If you liked "the hidden" mod from HF2 then you will like this one too and will enjoy clipping dead marines ragdoll to ceilings and walls.
    Ps: About the Faded, it's broken at the moment, so you might need to wait a bit before trying.

D:
  • TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester
    If you liked "the hidden" mod from HF2 then you will like this one too and will enjoy clipping dead marines ragdoll to ceilings and walls.

WHAAAAAAAA?!?!?!? There's a Hidden-esque mod for NS2?!? Oh the hours I spent decorating maps with dead IRIS marines...
    v02km2jn05r2.jpg
    jn7l277xknkz.png
    mz8816fyqn86.jpg
    I might be about to sink a few more hours into that again...
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Event starts in 30min
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
  • npstrnpstr Join Date: 2015-03-11 Member: 201964Members
    edited June 2016
    It was good times yesterday albeit I left early.

The Defense mod got much better by being more difficult, and the bonewall worm looks terrific.
    Faded was hilarious, but I think it has to be played in a smaller group. I found it unbalanced** when ten marines camped in one room. Maybe increase penalties for not moving around?
    I think Siege+ is a little static, especially as an alien I don't feel I have anything that I can do against well set up marines. When they have exos at the end of the main lane, one or two marines with HMG in the only vent, and obs everywhere there is not much interesting to do.

Cheers to Zycar, Katzenfleisch and Wooza for this. Looking forward to the next night.

**ten times more balanced than vanilla Ns2 :)))
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    edited June 2016
    Hi,

Balancing done for the faded :)
    * Decrease damage by 75% if the faded is ethereal (Using the blink), prevents taking full damages for lost bullets
    * Decrease slightly HP and stamina cost for the blink to allow quick in/out of marines turtle
    * Turn anticamp back on by default
    * Turn on objective mod on. So far marines keep moving much more. (had around 6h of games with the server feeled today)

I am considering adding vampirisme to fade if the balance is steel bad, but so far it seems to be a lot better especially when fades are teaming up.
    edited June 2016
    Hi,

Balancing done for the faded :)
    * Decrease damage by 75% if the faded is ethereal (Using the blink), prevents taking full damages for lost bullets
    * Decrease slightly HP and stamina cost for the blink to allow quick in/out of marines turtle
    * Turn anticamp back on by default
    * Turn on objective mod on. So far marines keep moving much more. (had around 6h of games with the server feeled today)

I am considering adding vampirisme to fade if the balance is steel bad, but so far it seems to be a lot better especially when fades are teaming up.

May I suggest changing scaling a little?
    Personally, I think it would be more fitting the theme (= scary monster in the dark) if there was only one Faded even with higher playercounts, for a given value of "high". I just played a couple of rounds with no more than 8 people and we consistently had two aliens at the start of the round. Seems like too much for so little marines.