Best fuel for the bioreactor?

AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
I'm currently using lantern fruit.

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited June 2016
    Marblemelons are better than Lantern Fruit, but if you're ruthless and efficient, fish are better - Reginalds are twice as efficient as Melons (but take way longer to grow). Rabbit Rays are nearly three times as efficient as melons, but you gotta get their eggs, breed them, and then deal with your wife/daughter calling you names for stuffing them in the Bioreactor.

(cough) well, that's what I heard anyway.
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    @scubamatt thanks, bippity said you could put reefbacks in there, kinda sad actually.
    edited June 2016
    I usually just put a pair of planters next to it (the small round ones) and plant one Lantern Tree, and four Marblemelons. The reactor is on the floor below the two story Alien Containment, so I can easily climb down the ladder one floor to recycle any excess/undesirable creatures/plants into the reactor. As long as the fish take up 1x1 spot in the inventory, they are always more efficient than plants.

(Edited to clarify my meaning on the way I stack the floors.)
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    @scubamatt thanks, bippity said you could put reefbacks in there, kinda sad actually.

Never even found a reefback egg! Can't fathom putting a baby reefback in the bioreactor.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Noooo... not the fishies! :'( You monster!
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    Personnaly, the creepvine grow fast and is easy to reproduce.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited June 2016

Never even found a reefback egg! Can't fathom putting a baby reefback in the bioreactor.

Doubt they've even fully implemented them. I've never seen a reefback, shuttlebug or mesmer egg without spawning them in. Come to think of it, there's been a shortage of crabsnake eggs in the jelly shroom caves as of lately.
    Coranth wrote: »
    Noooo... not the fishies! :'( You monster!

It's supposed to be 12:37 but the 10 parts don't work.

• Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    I usually just put a pair of planters next to it (the small round ones) and plant one Lantern Tree, and four Marblemelons. The reactor is on the floor below the two story Alien Containment, and any excess/undesirable creatures/plants get recycled into the reactor. As long as the fish take up 1x1 spot in the inventory, they are more efficient than plants.

Your description of the bioreactor below the alien containment sounds as if it auto feeds into the reactor. I read the wiki on both and see nothing about that. Maybe I just misunderstood your description.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited June 2016
    http://puu.sh/pbxju/98173ca490.txt

powerPerSecond = 0.0833333358f

Multiple this with the values in the list, and voila.

Reefback babies are great for bioreactor fuel, but I prefer something that can mass produce fast.

Like, yanno, Rabbit Rays?

And also, Sea Treader Manure's way better than those fruits.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Sea Treader Poop last a long time and smells good too. :s
    edited June 2016
    I usually just put a pair of planters next to it (the small round ones) and plant one Lantern Tree, and four Marblemelons. The reactor is on the floor below the two story Alien Containment, and any excess/undesirable creatures/plants get recycled into the reactor. As long as the fish take up 1x1 spot in the inventory, they are more efficient than plants.

Your description of the bioreactor below the alien containment sounds as if it auto feeds into the reactor. I read the wiki on both and see nothing about that. Maybe I just misunderstood your description.

No, it's just on the floor above the Reactor room, so it's just a quick trip down the ladder to put anything into the reactor that I don't want/need, like predators that hatched from eggs. I'll edit my description to be more clear, thanks.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    then deal with your wife/daughter calling you names for stuffing them in the Bioreactor.

(cough) well, that's what I heard anyway.

LOL!
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    My vote is to breed bone sharks expressly for the purpose of feeding to the blender. >:)
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    reginalds are the best fuel lol. You really don't have to worry about production as a single large aquarium more than enough to keep a bioreactor stocked forever without any worries of running out of "fuel".
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Hanging fruit are proably the best because they last a while and they are way to easy to get
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Ergoss wrote: »
    My vote is to breed bone sharks expressly for the purpose of feeding to the blender. >:)

Will predators reproduce in tanks like edible fish do?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Ergoss wrote: »

Will predators reproduce in tanks like edible fish do?

Yes. Even recently I left the aquarium with two stalker eggs because my nearby Kelp Forest had lost the creatures and I thought two or so would cheer up the environment. I forgot about the reproduction thing and prioritized other activities for a while only to come back to eight stalkers + egg. My Kelp Forest is looking lively again, but that was one dangerous "return them home" project.
  • DestinyPlayerDestinyPlayer Russia Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218319Members
    I exclusively use Rabbit Rays, because out of some glitch, they don't get ground up, and so work infinitely for some reason. Also I literally have a tank so full of them that I think there are move rays there than water.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    LeonDOGE wrote: »
    http://puu.sh/pbxju/98173ca490.txt

powerPerSecond = 0.0833333358f

Multiple this with the values in the list, and voila.

Reefback babies are great for bioreactor fuel, but I prefer something that can mass produce fast.

Like, yanno, Rabbit Rays?

And also, Sea Treader Manure's way better than those fruits.

Why put a value for biters?! You can't put them in the reactor! Speaking of which, we should have biter eggs! I would love to have them in a fish tank and feed the little buggers to my Bioreactor! 250 ain't bad!
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Wow, reginalds are the all around god fish! They are great at everything! Who needs anything else but a tank full of reginalds?