How do I turn on the power in my base?

OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
I have built my base and gotten everything ready to make it my "home sweet home." But I realized one thing it's really dark. and yes I did get a bioreactor working but it didn't turn on the lights. I don't know if this has to do with living in the deep grand reef or what? Please help me.

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Moved to Subnautica forum.
  • AnswerAnswer Stuck at the bottom of the deep, dark, crazy-assed fish dwellin' deep blue sea. Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218101Members
    Have you tried others power sources, such as thermal reactors, or more simply solar panels? Have you given some stuff for the bioreactor to digest?
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    I have built my base and gotten everything ready to make it my "home sweet home." But I realized one thing it's really dark. and yes I did get a bioreactor working but it didn't turn on the lights. I don't know if this has to do with living in the deep grand reef or what? Please help me.

Does your base have breathable air inside? If not, you do not have power connected.
    Does your base have the Power displayed in the top center of your screen when you are inside, in white numbers? If it is in Red, you do not have power connected.
    If it does have the power displayed, what is the number (100/100, etc) that it is showing?
    Are all of the rooms of your base connected to each other, and relatively close to each other?
    Does the display on the Bioreactor show 'Active" in green letters, or does it say 'Inactive' in red letters? If it doesn't say Active, you have not put fuel into the reactor yet, and it is not generating power.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited June 2016
    I'd recommend thermal plants for the grand reef. The "smoker" underwater vents give you practically unlimited power once you have a few plants running.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    edited June 2016
    First of All! What is ur Game-mode? In Creative, only Solarpanels can give u Power.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    edited June 2016
    First of All! What is ur Game-mode? In Creative, only Solarpanels can give u Power.

Exactly what Alpha wrote. If you're in creative mode, place just one panel and make sure it's connected to your base, and you'll have the power on. Just make sure to place the panels during daytime, otherwise they won't work until the sun is up. No other source will work in creative.
  • OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
    Okay, thanks but is there anyway to get solar panels to work in the deep grand reef?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Not at the bottom, but you can build them at the top and connect them with power transmitters. (I assume those exist in Creative.) Power transmitters have a 100 m range (the one picking up from the power source needs to be relatively close to the source, though), so you'd need at least five or so depending where you build.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Actually, if you're in creative, place any power source, make sure it's active, and use the console to switch to survival. The power should come on. Switch back to creative, and it will stay on.
  • OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
    How do you use the commands though?
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Here's a handy list of commands on the wiki (some of them may not work anymore, mind you).

The instruction how to bring up the console is at the bottom of the page.