Unfinished biomes?

MurpfullMurpfull Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216640Members
I looked and looked for the jellyshroom caves but could not find it all i could find was a large underground cave that had oculus fish swimming in. The cave was very boring and open and then i found and abandon base so i decided to research the caves. I found out that oculu ONLY spawn in the jelly [shroom caves and that base was the same one in the caves, but there was no jelly shrooms or crab snakes. Also i was looking for the blood kelp biome but all i could find were blood oil randomly on the ground and a weird tint of a blood kelp on the glass in my seamoth.

Comments

• Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    Maybe there is a bug where the bloodkelp and jellyshrooms dont spawn. Odd. Those biomes are in fact finished though.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    I'm sure I found an entrance in one of the Kelp forests next to the starting area not long after I started playing, but I'll be buggered if I can find it again now! ><
  • MurpfullMurpfull Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216640Members
    Maybe there is a bug where the bloodkelp and jellyshrooms dont spawn. Odd. Those biomes are in fact finished though.
    Is the blood kelp working for you?
  • Captain_CartertronCaptain_Cartertron Texas Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216605Members
    Well i'm a PC user, so I have no idea why the models for the Bloodkelp wont render...
    edited June 2016
    oh ok... the xbox is using an older version not the current.
  • Dv0715Dv0715 Sweden Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217835Members
    EverReddy wrote: »
    I'm sure I found an entrance in one of the Kelp forests next to the starting area not long after I started playing, but I'll be buggered if I can find it again now! ><

I always find my way in, just south from starting point on the border to the grassy plateaus, i just run up and down a few times and find the cave if its not right outside in my backyard
    Dv0715 wrote: »
    I always find my way in, just south from starting point on the border to the grassy plateaus, i just run up and down a few times and find the cave if its not right outside in my backyard

Will give that a try (I've always been heading West/Northwest), thanks!

Will give that a try (I've always been heading West/Northwest), thanks!
    hope it works for ya
    Murpfull wrote: »
    oh ok... the xbox is using an older version not the current.

Yup. I'm on the Xbox and Bloodvines don't appear for me, although there are blobs of Blood Oil dotted around the sea bed.
    but you can plant blood kelp

You can grow them from Blood Oil?
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members

You can grow them from Blood Oil?

Yes you can, I've done it too. Otherwise, the ones that grow naturally in their own biome are not there. Same thing for the Jelly Shrooms and the Giant Floaters. This was also the case for the Floating Spheres (in the grand reef) for a moment, but I came back to that biome today, and they're definitely being added.
    Yes you can, I've done it too.

Sweet! I'll give that a go tonight then, thanks! :)
    Otherwise, the ones that grow naturally in their own biome are not there. Same thing for the Jelly Shrooms and the Giant Floaters.

Odd, I'm sure the Jelly Shrooms were there the last (and only) time I found a way into the caves.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited June 2016
    Otherwise, the ones that grow naturally in their own biome are not there. Same thing for the Jelly Shrooms and the Giant Floaters.

Odd, I'm sure the Jelly Shrooms were there the last (and only) time I found a way into the caves.

They weren't when I went in there. Obviously the crabsnakes aren't there either.

Also, how come it took you this long to find an entrance? You can easily find one if you use the Seamoth sonar in the grassy plateaus.
    I do have a tip tho. If you want to find the abandoned seabase in the Jellyshroom caves, go directly south from your escape pod until you meet a cliff (not really deep) which leads to the grassy plateaus. There is an entrance right on that cliff, and the abandoned seabase is directly below.
    Also, how come it took you this long to find an entrance? You can easily find one if you use the Seamoth sonar in the grassy plateaus.

Now I think about it, I don't think I've ever been directly due South of the pod. It's always been either South East to the Aurora or South West to the Grand Reef and Floating Island. Thanks for the tip!
    edited June 2016

i found blood oil everywhere but no blood kelp.
    @EverReddy I've also found a detailed map which shows you all different entrances to the cave, every wreck, every reaper and loads more.
    768?cb=20160515015320
    im slightly glad reapers don't spawn... my base would have one right on top of it.
    edited June 2016
    Right, on the subject of the floating spheres, they are in the deep grand reef (just been there), but there's only three in the normal grand reef, and neither of those 3 are physically present (meaning you can swim straight through them).
  • itsspartan313itsspartan313 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218229Members
    yes alot of the biome's are not done i went to 4 i can find from youtube videos and they have no jelly shrooms, reapers, plants, and fish that you where hoping to see or grab...