Petition for multiplayer

ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
Would you rather wait for multiplayer or keep going the way its going

Comments

• LeoxideLeoxide United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216560Members
    Well, I would rather wait for a bit than have it rushed. Think about it, multiplayer would take ages to make and we wouldn't get any updates for months. Sure, it may be worth it in the end but would you rather:

Have the whole game released first and then let the devs slowly release multiplayer- which would probably make it less rushed and alot more stable..
    Or..
    Have multiplayer released earlier but still slow, but skip LOADS of fun updates. It wouldn't be as stable either, because the devs have not planned it as much as they would have had if it was made in full release. It would be very buggy.

In my honest opinion, I prefer to be patient and wait for the full release. I love all these updates and cannot wait for what is coming. I am sure multiplayer will make its way soon enough, but there is still probably TONNES of content that is needed to be added beforehand :wink:

Good poll though, I'll stay and see how this ends out.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Leoxide wrote: »
    Well, I would rather wait for a bit than have it rushed. Think about it, multiplayer would take ages to make and we wouldn't get any updates for months. Sure, it may be worth it in the end but would you rather:

Have the whole game released first and then let the devs slowly release multiplayer- which would probably make it less rushed and alot more stable..
    Or..
    Have multiplayer released earlier but still slow, but skip LOADS of fun updates. It wouldn't be as stable either, because the devs have not planned it as much as they would have had if it was made in full release. It would be very buggy.

In my honest opinion, I prefer to be patient and wait for the full release. I love all these updates and cannot wait for what is coming. I am sure multiplayer will make its way soon enough, but there is still probably TONNES of content that is needed to be added beforehand :wink:

Good poll though, I'll stay and see how this ends out.

I understand why You say this and i was pretty much undecided until now but I think subnautica would be a great co-op experience. Its what the game was originally intended for.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Don't make it maditory. As you can see, a good proportion of players don't want it. You shouldn't HAVE to play in multiplayer if you don't want to. In any case, don't focus on this either, there are more important things to add.
  • JuncophJuncoph US Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218209Members
    edited June 2016
    I voted multiplayer just because I really like the idea. That being said, I can wait and I can see why there are people who prefer singleplayer.

EDIT: The reason I didn't actually just choose "I'll wait...", though:
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »

• TijnnultienTijnnultien netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207447Members
    i don;t have friends ;-;
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited June 2016
    Is there an option for "no multiplayer"?

I honestly think multiplayer would hurt this game more than help it, not to mention it being twice the work and really would set back the overall quality of the game by a year or so.

Multiplayer can be easily explainable and implementable in the story via multiple life-pods, or seats on the life-pod, but to be honest, it just doesn't seem fitting for the game, at least not as of now. There isn't really a benefit of having a partner in the ocean with you other than twice the clutter, easier survival, less scariness (being alone makes things far more scary than being with someone), more bugs and animations to do, and will just ruin the quality of the game. There are plenty of multiplayer-survival games out there for your choosing if you want to survive with a friend, but right now, I like Subnautica as a unique and (potentially) high-quality survival game that I can play for a challenge and a scare.
  • ColdSpyderColdSpyder AZ Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217767Members
    "a multiplayer option will worsen the game" get out

That being said, I'm content to wait it out. The devs have spoken time and again about multiplayer and kept us updated on their stance on the subject. Threads like these and making demands are pretty disrespectful.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
  • buffalobills113buffalobills113 usa Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217809Members
    People make me laugh, multiplayer would not ruin the game, its called an option folks.. Dont play it unless you want too. A mandatory multiplayer game would suck I agree, however being able to dive in this beautiful unknown world and build a base with my kids would be fun. I think multiplayer would add a tremendous amount of fun to the game. However with that being said, it wont happen in this game. I remember the developers of state of decay saying they would add multiplayer if they sold enough copies and then they sold more copies than any game for Xbox and guess what, no multiplayer exists. So as much as id love it, I understand it takes up to much time. Awesome game still and look forward to the Xbox one updates.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Let's suppose that the developers acquiesced to the constant stream of threads asking for multiplayer, dropped everything else and implemented it, sacrificing loads of new content in the process. It wouldn't be long before the Subnautica forums would be filled with: "Where's the sea emperor?" "Where's the exosuit?" "This is boring, where's our updates?!" "Give us underwater RPGs and miniguns so we can kill each other!" "Someone griefed my base with the terraformer and drove my cyclops under crush depth, help!".

Why not let the developers finish off the game we paid for before implementing co-op/multiplayer? I'm not opposed to multiplayer, I just think it'd be so much better for us to have a completed, bug-free game before the developers think about it.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I'd rather have v1.0 first before the devs go radically changing the game
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    Actually, the outcome of this poll surprises me. :anguished:
    EverReddy, TenebrousNova and Calarand77 already summed up everything nicely concerning this topic.

There is a thread, floater attached – http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/138436/subnautica-multiplayer-when-if-how-and-why-subnautica :)

Personally, I like the thought of playing subnautica with other people I know. Not only we, but the devs, too.
    Flayra wrote: »
    We would love to add co-op gameplay someday, but it will have to be a new game. It's waaaay too much work to simply "add" to Subnautica. We might make a standalone game focused on co-op (like "Subnautica Together") or maybe we'll make a sequel.

But it's clear that Co-op is something you guys would love and we'd love it too. Imagine piloting your Cyclops with a few people: one at the helm, another repairing/building machinery, another managing fuel and energy systems and another off on small missions in the Seamoth, reporting what they're finding?

But it has to wait ;)
  • DarkMouschiDarkMouschi Oregon Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218287Members
    I feel as if multiplayer should be closer to full release as it will need a lot of testing and a full team working together to make it right.
    If anything I could see waiting even after the release for it. The game in its current state is a great and fun, and multiplayer would just be the icing on the cake.
  • lonelywolflonelywolf Sweden Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204737Members
    Why is the only thing people care about is multiplayer? This game requires alot on computer to work in full and if it would be in multiplayer it would lagg for sure and i can't see this as a multiplayer ever. There are so many mp games out there let this be single player please. stay away from mp.
  • WiseOrcWiseOrc Russia Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218289Members
    For the balance will be quite "simple" multiplayer, not full. So the creators did not forget to add the good and remove the bad.
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    Let's suppose that the developers acquiesced to the constant stream of threads asking for multiplayer, dropped everything else and implemented it, sacrificing loads of new content in the process. It wouldn't be long before the Subnautica forums would be filled with: "Where's the sea emperor?" "Where's the exosuit?" "This is boring, where's our updates?!" "Give us underwater RPGs and miniguns so we can kill each other!" "Someone griefed my base with the terraformer and drove my cyclops under crush depth, help!".

Why not let the developers finish off the game we paid for before implementing co-op/multiplayer? I'm not opposed to multiplayer, I just think it'd be so much better for us to have a completed, bug-free game before the developers think about it.

To be fair, most of those threads are still made quite a bit :P But I do agree, while I was hoping this game would have multiplayer from the start I really wanna see it succeed as it is now that I've gotten so entrenched playing it alone anyway.