Desperate bedding situation

PlumtreePlumtree United States Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218073Members
So I've been hunting for a couple hours for scannable beds to finally put together a neat little room in my seabase, the only problem is the 1 bed I found wasn't scannable (In the wreck in the mountains biome), and rumor has it that theres a bed in a seabase inside the jellyshroom caves, but there is no abandoned seabase where that base should be. Any ideas on how to get myself a nice bed? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    First, did you start a new game or did you upgrade it? (just want to know). Second, to answer your question, well, so far, for a lot of people, beds are either unscannable or they just aren't in the place where they should be.

Devs haven't commented on this issue yet and they're on vacation now it seems, so we'll have to deal with it for now.
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members

Devs haven't commented on this issue yet and they're on vacation now it seems, so we'll have to deal with it for now.

One of the devs said Mushroom Cave was the place they used in testing, and that the other beds should work to but might not, and as such suggested going to the shroom cave and scanning in there, and reporting the wrecks that do not have scannable beds.

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Upgraded saves seem to have an issue with the bed in the mushroom caves spawning in if I'm reading those threads correctly.
  • PlumtreePlumtree United States Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218073Members
    Right I'm on an upgraded save, I've heard theres a place in the grand reefs with a bed. True or false?
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    edited June 2016
    bwc153 wrote: »

One of the devs said Mushroom Cave was the place they used in testing, and that the other beds should work to but might not, and as such suggested going to the shroom cave and scanning in there, and reporting the wrecks that do not have scannable beds.

Yes, so far, for people with upgraded saves, they can't have beds T_T. Haven't heard from people with new saves, maybe because they're still building stuff lol.

Edit: And yeah, the bed the Shroom cave doesn't work.
    I'm on a new save and went investigating real quick. The bed in the jelly shroom caves is there and is able to be scanned. The ones in the mountains wreck is there, but not scannable.
  • TijnnultienTijnnultien netherlands Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207447Members
    Right I'm on an upgraded save, I've heard theres a place in the grand reefs with a bed. True or false?

its true its at 400 meters deep and somewhere at the beginning of the sea treaters path
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited June 2016
    There are scannable and buildable beds ingame. New save somewhere near blue ball zone (didn`t found it again) what should be grand reef. That wreck had the shelf in it too. Had to cut 2 or 3 door to get both.

its true its at 400 meters deep and somewhere at the beginning of the sea treaters path

Wait, explain, where exactly? I'm lost. In the Grand reef? I checked one wreck and didn't find anything.
    Also, remember guys, people with upgraded saves are having some issues with it, so when you say "this bed is scannable" it would be nice if you say if you have a new save or an upgraded one (:

Upgraded or new save?
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Btw: Just don`t be lazy and start a new game, problem solved (once found) oO
    edited June 2016
    Btw: Just don`t be lazy and start a new game, problem solved (once found) oO

60ubysg77yeg.jpg

Edit: Sorry, I put too much work in this save, I'll start a new one once something "bigger" comes :P
    I know the feeling, you'll just have to go without then. That seems to be how the update cycle works for this game. Sorry friend :(

Also, I believe there are 2 wrecks in the grand reef if the wiki is correct. The page also has coordinates if that's what you're after.
    edited June 2016
    Nice cat xD

With the Subnautica update system it`s just that way. All my saves had bases, Seamoth, a cyclops stuffed with full lockers etc. Still With every new update I restart it with a new save. I don`t mind exploring and gathering anew. Since it`s such a nice and mostly peacefull game I enjoy it, no matter playing a new game or my saves (until a new update comes). :-)

Edit: @Ralij Most of the time the need of a new save is due to changes in the terrain(s), rarely because of something like this time the beds. Even that quite far in developement they still add more places to be found and enjoyed. ;-)
    I suppose, but there was an issue with getting the cyclops' power supply to update wasnt there? And the multipurpose room didnt want to go to an upgraded file then either did it? Just what I've heard mostly, I think this one was my first official update as I started playing the day after the machinery update hit.
  • DannyRDannyR Bucharest, Romania Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209102Members
    Well, I had the exact same problem and started a thread. With about 200 hours on my main save, I thought: ok, I'll just start a new game. And I realized I missed sooo much. There are a lot more scannable and buildable things now, as well as placeable things too, which I didn't have in my old save. Just start a new game, I know it's hard, but you will eventually rebuild your base, maybe a better one too. But you'll be happy you did it :D
    DannyR wrote: »
    Well, I had the exact same problem and started a thread. With about 200 hours on my main save, I thought: ok, I'll just start a new game. And I realized I missed sooo much. There are a lot more scannable and buildable things now, as well as placeable things too, which I didn't have in my old save. Just start a new game, I know it's hard, but you will eventually rebuild your base, maybe a better one too. But you'll be happy you did it :D

I have all those new things in my upgraded save though, the only issue upgraded saves are having is the beds being unscannable and a few wrecks being invisible.