Decorations

AlexHoundAlexHound St. Peterburg Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208694Members
I was so glad to see the "Power Nap" updade avalible. Batteries now can be recharged, gas tordeds and so on. But later I discover one strange device: A vending machine. Seriousliy, guys? A VENDING MACHINE? In a survival game? Is that the first thing, the survivor will think off? "God, that was a terrible landing. Where is the vending machine, I need to buy me a bag of chips? "
As I see, the survivor will disassemble this device for some materials rather then spend resourses to construct one )

Comments

• kyrtmalthornkyrtmalthorn Safe Shallows Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218013Members
    I found the vending machine too! The trash can was also scannable (and if you build it, it has trash in it...) Oh and then there's luggage bags (not usable) and lab equipment that can be picked up and placed but don't seem to do anything else.
  • AlexHoundAlexHound St. Peterburg Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208694Members
    I found the vending machine too! The trash can was also scannable (and if you build it, it has trash in it...) Oh and then there's luggage bags (not usable) and lab equipment that can be picked up and placed but don't seem to do anything else.

Trash cans are great ) But who will make your trash can empty? Lab equipment is more decorative, IMHO )
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Do remember that there are other players, including myself, who are slightly less focused on the serious survival aspect of the game. We were actually asking for non-functional, purely decorative items to make our bases seem less empty and sterile. The devs gave them to us, because such elements don't require extensive work to be implemented.

And hey, if you think your survivor would not want to build/use such things, you can always choose to not scan them.
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    Wait, you can scan the vending machine? 0_o
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    The vending machine and coffee machine add a nice touch to my offices and kitchen. It's not realistic, but it does miracles for the basebuilding aspect of the game.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    coffee machines are definitely survival equipment xD I need to find these things so I can design my base ^-^

The thing is that after you get the habitat builder and put all the fish you want to breed the 'survival' aspect really isnt that difficult. Its mostly staving off boredom as you sit in your little hut watching the fish swim around and waiting on someone to come rescue you.
  • Bam1500Bam1500 Plainfield, Il Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217363Members
    Oh, I did not find the Coffee machine yet haha. I did find a Bar Table that can be scanned and constructed though.
    Has anyone found the shelving units and props that appeared in the Power Nap Update trailer? They have a mini replica of the Aurora! Or is that part of the special edition purchase of the game?
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    Ralij wrote: »
    coffee machines are definitely survival equipment xD I need to find these things so I can design my base ^-^
    It would be nice to be able to put water and some plant seeds (which ones, I don't know) into the machine and get a thermos of coffee back.

• NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Vending and coffee machines I didn`t found yet, instead I got a scannable/craftable Lab counter, trash can and 2 different pick up able pieces of Lab equipment. Time to do some science. :D
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    Vending and coffee machines I didn`t found yet, instead I got a scannable/craftable Lab counter, trash can and 2 different pick up able pieces of Lab equipment. Time to do some science. :D

I found the vending machine, near a wreck in the Grassy Plateaus, you should check there!

Also, where did you find all the lab stuff? :open_mouth:
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I found the luggage and bar table. Hopefully we get art friendly props later on.
    I found both pieces of lab equipment at a small wreck en route to the Aurora, roughly where there's a thin strip of Safe Shallows with Kelp Forest on the right and Grassy Plateaus on the left. There's a lot of small wrecks there though and I don't know if there's a random factor.

As far as the collectibles go, so far I've found six luggage bags, two coffee vending machines, two posters (I know they predate Power Nap), and one of each two pieces of lab equipment. No sign of the Aurora model though. Does anyone know if it's already in the game?
  • LeoxideLeoxide United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216560Members
    I managed to find me a lovely vending machine..
    but no coffee :neutral:
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    No sign of the Aurora model though. Does anyone know if it's already in the game?
    If I remember correctly, it will be in the new area inside the Aurora.

• Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Leoxide wrote: »
    I managed to find me a lovely vending machine..
    but no coffee :neutral:

Calarand77 wrote: »
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    No sign of the Aurora model though. Does anyone know if it's already in the game?
    If I remember correctly, it will be in the new area inside the Aurora.

Boo, it was in the Power Nap trailer. Ah well, it's something I'm willing to wait for. I do hope we'll get more of these "fancy display" collectibles. The luggage bags and the like are great, but still a little unpersonalized. I'd love to get some unique items that obviously were personal belongings of less-fortunate crew members.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    edited June 2016
    So far I have found a vending machine, coffee dispenser, 2 different lab equipments, a trash can, luggage, and a laboratory trash can. The lab trashcan when built though is the broken and busted up version you initially scan though.