[Deleted]

2»

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    Alyex wrote: »
    Personally, I play only on hardcore mode and use the console exactly one time: to spawn in a scanner. Yes, a scanner. Because it irks me a bit that the fabricator already knows everything about the planet and its resources before you even take out one step out of your life pod and scan some things.

This will eventually be fixed; it's listed in the Wiki that the Lifepod's standard 'Inventory' includes a Scanner. As for cheating--fair enough, whatever floats your boat. I just reiterate: for Survival and Hardcore Modes, the console ought to be disabled (have an option on the Options Menu to re-enable it, if you must) otherwise... what's the point of it being Survival/Hardcore when you can just 'cheat in' whatever items you need? It makes the Survival 'experience' of Subnautica utterly pointless.

BTW, Tom Jubert - the writer of Subnautica's Story, has been active on the Trello...

https://trello.com/c/wGHvdxE6/5693-story-planning-and-1st-draft-content-for-main-story-locations

The Aurora is done... the Hype intensifies...
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    edited June 2016
    Okay, I guess we can stop now with the hate, this is getting very personal.
    I believe that we are reasonable beings and should act a bit more polite and mature, respect his opinion about the console and discuss this topic without pointing fingers at each others.
    After all, this should be a discussion, not a roast.
    @Coranth, woah, your post took me by surprise right now, didn't see it before :anguished:

The argument with the option in the Options Menu sounds good, but I don't know if it changes a lot. Instead of pressing F3 and Enter, the player just has to go to the Options Menu, enable it, resume to the game and press enter – a tiny bit more effort for some people, I think. And as some of us mentioned before, you don't have to use the console: if it's there, then it's there, but you are not obligated to use it.
    Or are you trying to point out, that the console should be disabled to prevent players from "not playing by the game mode's rules as intended"? (I don't know how I should call it)

And for the Aurora bit, nice find ;)
  • JONNYK301JONNYK301 MARYLAND Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217890Members
    I don't think the Consol commands take away from the game at all personally. But there should be an option I do agree with that.
    Or are you trying to point out, that the console should be disabled to prevent players from "not playing by the game mode's rules as intended"? (I don't know how I should call it)

This.

• BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    You know, prying the tilde and f3 keys off of your keyboard effectively disables your console and it doesn't limit everyone else.

Or, idk, you could practice some self restraint instead of forcing other people to change for you.

Jesus H Christ.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Is it really that hard for you to simply NOT USE THE CONSOLE?

If I glitch out and get teleported off the map on hardcore, I want to be able to use the console to get back.

When playing almost any game, I practice restraint. When I play HW complex, I could just build a million of intruders, which are OP as hell. But instead, I don't build any, because I find it more fun when I can win with a challenge.
  • GlyphGryphGlyphGryph USA Join Date: 2015-02-19 Member: 201435Members
    edited June 2016
    Coranth wrote: »
    what's the point of it being Survival/Hardcore when you can just 'cheat in' whatever items you need? It makes the Survival 'experience' of Subnautica utterly pointless.

What's the point of Survival/Hardcore if you can just play Creative? It makes the 'survival' experience utterly pointless!

That's... functionally equivalent to what you just asked.

If you want to play a different game than the one you claim to be playing, that's on you man. You're doing the equivalent of advocating the removal of Creative mode because you keep deciding to play that instead of Survival.

That's pretty silly.

If its so hard for you not to play the game mode you claim to want to play, why don't you just unbind the console key?
  • LobsterPhoneLobsterPhone Australia Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 214999Members
    edited June 2016
    No, actually a roast is very appropriate.

Some opinions or discussions, like the one expressed by the OP on this thread, and in his petulant barbs of responses since, are NOT worthy of discussion, they are worthy of DERISION.

And "I can't stop myself from using this highly useful option that I don't like, PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE JUST TO MAKE ME PERSONALLY FEEL BETTER THAN THEM" is an opinion that deserves to be pointed at and laughed at, taking it seriously only emboldens and empowers a very destructive and unpleasant vocal minority of gamers that want nothing more than to make games a worse place for everyone else.

What will you treat respectfully as a worthy discussion next? "I can't prevent myself from using creative mode, REMOVE IT", "I can't prevent myself from using survival mode, REMOVE IT", "I can't prevent myself from using sub marines, REMOVE THEM", etc...

So no, lets just point and laugh instead ok?
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    No. Bethesda did it with Fallout 4's survival mode. People re enabled it with mods. If you go look at the forums right now you'll find all sorts of complaints about bugs causing people to lose several hours of game progress.
    edited June 2016
    Edited. Please follow the forum rules and be nice to others.

Tell that to LobsterPhone, mate.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    @Coranth : Sometimes its better to say nothing before you post bull.... like this. But thank you for the proof that not the other once here are the idiots. And please take this as a personal offence.
    Thank you!
    @Coranth : Sometimes its better to say nothing before you post bull.... like this. But thank you for the proof that not the other once here are the idiots. And please take this as a personal offence.
    Thank you!

Original Post deleted. I no longer care about this.
    @LobsterPhone I'm sorry, but I feel bad about this situation where one gets hated on and the comments just keep coming as if it was a necessity. Probably because I'm a rather peaceful and diplomatic person. And because I don't like the fact, that some certain haters suddenly crawl out of their holes because they see an opportunity to "release some stress" (I'm not talking about you, just to make it clear ;)).
    taking it seriously only emboldens and empowers a very destructive and unpleasant vocal minority of gamers that want nothing more than to make games a worse place for everyone else.

I guess your right, sometimes I'm just too "let-other-people-have-their-opinions" (don't know the right word for it) and forget what's really at stake.

And for the OP, I got what you were trying to point out, but that's more of a matter of morals. It can't be solved gameplay wise.

P.S. actually had to look up the word "derision", never heard it before :anguished:
  • ColdSpyderColdSpyder AZ Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217767Members
    I gotta say I just don't understand the point of the original suggestion.
    If you're a gamer looking for a challenge, you play on whatever difficulty (Hardcore?) and just don't use the console. What's the difference between that and forcing everyone to not have a console?
    You already have the ability to play the game on that difficulty. Why do we need to remove the option for everyone else?
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited June 2016
    No, actually a roast is very appropriate.

Some opinions or discussions, like the one expressed by the OP on this thread, and in his petulant barbs of responses since, are NOT worthy of discussion, they are worthy of DERISION.

And "I can't stop myself from using this highly useful option that I don't like, PLEASE TAKE IT AWAY FROM EVERYONE ELSE JUST TO MAKE ME PERSONALLY FEEL BETTER THAN THEM" is an opinion that deserves to be pointed at and laughed at, taking it seriously only emboldens and empowers a very destructive and unpleasant vocal minority of gamers that want nothing more than to make games a worse place for everyone else.

What will you treat respectfully as a worthy discussion next? "I can't prevent myself from using creative mode, REMOVE IT", "I can't prevent myself from using survival mode, REMOVE IT", "I can't prevent myself from using sub marines, REMOVE THEM", etc...

So no, lets just point and laugh instead ok?
    Thank you!

I got that their opinion is rather nonsensical, but antagonizing them just because their ideas contradict yours is completely stupid and unreasonable.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we respect that. But if you act like an ass over it, then you don't deserve our respect of your entitlement.

He's already deleted his original post and politely accepted the fact that he's incorrect. Please don't continue this discussion with your aggravating and pointless comments, thank you.

And also, please use proper grammar in discussions. :wink: