Uhm... I got random loot?

AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
So I started a new game today and scanned some things. I don't know if this is related, but after scanning an airsack, I suddenly got filtered water, a nutrient block and a signal... is that supposed to happen? :(

Comments

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Same thing happened here, not sure if it was intentional or not. Definitely felt random though.
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    I was assuming timed. But it certainly doesn't seem to be linked to anything that would make sense.
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    I started another new game and tried to keep my eyes out for other things that happen before and after this "loot surprise" comes in.
    2pkubj1migi4.jpg
    As you can see, I got the message with the batteries and shortly after that, I got another message: Goal_HolyDiver. I don't know how I triggered this message, but it happened a few minutes after the battery message came in. I have to add that I did nothing to get the battery message, it just popped up out of nowhere (and no, I didn't pick up or fabricate any batteries at this time :tongue:)
    And something else came with it:
    3vca2q0np6ox.jpg
    Here you can see that I obviously haven't scanned any solar panel fragment, yet the progress bar shows up. Weird, because it wasn't shown before.

So I think it's some kind of bug... at least at the moment.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I got the loot after bursting a limestone with copper in it and got the Goal_HolyDiver message thereafter.

I've also spotted a Mesmer in the Kelp Forest, which from the Trello Roadmap I got the impression not to be reimplemented until July. Did I understand the card wrong?
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    Yeah it happened to me as well, I think it's just a bug
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I got the exact same water, bar, and signal thing from scanning a Gasopod, plus the Solar Panel Progress and the Holy_Diver thing. This is perplexing
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    I got the loot after bursting a limestone with copper in it and got the Goal_HolyDiver message thereafter.

I've also spotted a Mesmer in the Kelp Forest, which from the Trello Roadmap I got the impression not to be reimplemented until July. Did I understand the card wrong?

I think "reimplement" just means they're going to re-do it... not that it has been removed. As far as I know, the mesmer has never left.

I too have been given the random loot.
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    DrownedOut wrote: »

I think "reimplement" just means they're going to re-do it... not that it has been removed. As far as I know, the mesmer has never left.

I too have been given the random loot.

In my save file before this update I didn't so much as once spot a Mesmer. Nor an egg of theirs, for that matter. Are they supposed to be rare and did I just get lucky this save file?
    edited June 2016
    @DrownedOut Yes, the mesmers are not easy to find, but if you look around the underwater islands somewhere south-ish between the underwater islands and a kelp forest there is a cave with a lot of mesmers (there are also some eyeplants to light up the cave ;))
    And as far as I know their eggs are not implemented yet; there is a model, but the reefback egg as well as the mesmer egg and the shuttlebug egg are not implemented yet. You can spawn it in with the console if you want, "item mesmeregg" (without the ") is the command for it.
    Alyex wrote: »
    @DrownedOut Yes, the mesmers are not easy to find, but if you look around the underwater islands somewhere south-ish between the underwater islands and a kelp forest there is a cave with a lot of mesmers (there are also some eyeplants to light up the cave ;))
    And as far as I know their eggs are not implemented yet; there is a model, but the reefback egg as well as the mesmer egg and the shuttlebug egg are not implemented yet. You can spawn it in with the console if you want, "item mesmeregg" (without the ") is the command for it.

Ah, thank you. I'm not sure if I am looking forward to a direct encounter, but I'm glad to know what's up with the little murder buttterflies.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    HOLEY DIVER....YOU BEEN OUT TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA...OH WHATS BECOMING OF MEEEEEE.