Power Nap Update Released - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imagePower Nap Update Released - Subnautica

The Power Nap Update has been released on Steam! This update is for Steam users only. We also have an update coming for Xbox One. To be notified when we...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Terik92Terik92 Spain Join Date: 2015-02-05 Member: 201219Members
    I wasn't done translating!! DX
  • KelfaKelfa Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205084Members
    Thats the coolest name ever for an update! :D
  • FoxtrotFFoxtrotF ALA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216626Members
    Wow, simply amazing.
  • domilledomille new york Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217911Members
    Do we need to start a fresh game for these updates to take place or can we keep playing the game we have saved?
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    @domille It is recommended to start fresh, mostly because of the terrain changes, but overly is is better to start anew with major update. I am going to start new game in few minutes myself :dizzy:

ENJOY ALL, LET'S PLAAY :D
  • BuuunBuuun My lonely base underwater on a unknown planet... Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215272Members
    Yeeeeeeees just yes.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2016
    domille wrote: »
    Do we need to start a fresh game for these updates to take place or can we keep playing the game we have saved?

You can upgrade your saved game. You will get a warning msg, letting you know if you built a base in the area that has been updated, there is a small chance it will be lost.

Starting a new game is safer, but upgrading should work from the last public version. The older the saved game however, the higher change something might go wrong.

• BubbalooBubbaloo Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217923Members
    Obraxis wrote: »

You can upgrade your saved game. You will get a warning msg, letting you know if you built a base in the area that has been updated, there is a small chance it will be lost.

Starting a new game is safer, but upgrading should work from the last public version. The older the saved game however, the higher change something might go wrong.

Hi. Loving Subnautica. Question. Do yo mind elaborating on what you said " if you built a base in the area that has been updated, there is a chance it will be lost "?

Yeaterday I installed new things to my base ( moon pool ). So there is a chance that my base will disappear after updating my game? Most of the issues I've read are mostly related to terrain issues but I'd like for you to elaborate because I've put in about 20 hours into the game and starting new is not really an option for me as I recently got my seamoth :).
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    5c8kdy9cpp1i.png

"They aren't easy to unlock"

Oh god... So where can I find them? I'm checking wrecks and yet, no beds! Maybe in the Blood Kelp? Since you guys mentioned "Crabsquid"...
    bed.PNG 20.5K
  • Darklord42Darklord42 Join Date: 2013-02-20 Member: 183230Members
    I love how the bed is king size. Now that's a really optimistic person...
  • BubbalooBubbaloo Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217923Members
    Has anyone updated yet? Did you keep your old save game? How is it performing?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Bubbaloo wrote: »
    Hi. Loving Subnautica. Question. Do yo mind elaborating on what you said " if you built a base in the area that has been updated, there is a chance it will be lost "?

Yeaterday I installed new things to my base ( moon pool ). So there is a chance that my base will disappear after updating my game? Most of the issues I've read are mostly related to terrain issues but I'd like for you to elaborate because I've put in about 20 hours into the game and starting new is not really an option for me as I recently got my seamoth :).

I think they mean a base built in Sea Treader's Path, where now Sea Treaders dwell. Ie, that area has received an update. I highly doubt you've built there if you only just got the seamoth.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    The need to find blueprints for a table, chair and such is a bit awkward... .
  • Buckets_sentry_gunBuckets_sentry_gun Puerto Rico Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217057Members
    edited June 2016
    Bubbaloo wrote: »
    Has anyone updated yet? Did you keep your old save game? How is it performing?

I did and it's working mostly fine, I think. Although my lifepod moved to another place and a wreck in the Grassy Plateaus doesn't have walls anymore lol.

edited June 2016
    Still can't find the bed though D:
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members

:(
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited June 2016
    WHOPEEE!!!! WE CAN FINALLY SKIP THE NIGHT WITH BEDS!!!!!
  • destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members

Minecraft
    destinykid wrote: »

Minecraft

Yes, like minecraft.

And most other day/night cycle games with beds.
  • CrioCrio Poland Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208247Members
    This update is suprisingly small. Seems they had some problems with Exo and other stuff. I like it tho. Love Subnautica!
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited June 2016
    Crio wrote: »
    This update is suprisingly small. Seems they had some problems with Exo and other stuff. I like it tho. Love Subnautica!

You don't just ignore the Sea Treader.
  • CrioCrio Poland Join Date: 2015-10-01 Member: 208247Members
    edited June 2016
    Crio wrote: »
    #1 - The size of this update has nothing to do with any issues regarding the current development of the Exo, which was never planned to be in this update. When the power chargers did not make it into the Machinery update as originally planned, we decided to put them out in a smaller update, before the big Exo one.

#2 - No matter how it may appear, this update is far from small. It required an entire refactoring of the power system, to allow batteries to be removed from all tools and recharged, and that touched on many many different systems in the game. The chargers themselves were a good amount of work -- between modeling, texturing, animation, programming -- and add quite a bit of gameplay value. A new creature, solar panel models, beds and a new craftable torpedo as well all add up to an update that took no small amount of work to get it into your hands.
    Sorry, not quite yet. We are still hoping to add that functionality to the beds, but at the moment our programming priorities required us to focus on other more important tasks.

Small on the surface, big on the inside! :-)
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    The Narrow Bed does not have the sleeping / lying down animation.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    System wrote: »
    This update is for Steam users only. We also have an update coming for Xbox One.

Will the Xbox One update include the Power Nap contents, or will it just bring us up to the Machine Update?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    EverReddy wrote: »
    System wrote: »
    This update is for Steam users only. We also have an update coming for Xbox One.

Will the Xbox One update include the Power Nap contents, or will it just bring us up to the Machine Update?

It should include the Power Nap update.
    edited June 2016
    EverReddy wrote: »

It should include the Power Nap update.

Awesome, will update the Xbox One FAQ. Thanks! :)
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited June 2016
    Lol @Squeal_Like_A_Pig ? You guys brought in Beds and advertise with them, but they don`t "work"? That I call a fail, but the rechargers are nice.
    Lol @Squeal_Like_A_Pig ? You guys brought in Beds and advertise with them, but they don`t "work"? That I call a fail, but the rechargers are nice.

Gimme battery chargers over a usable bed any day of the week! :)
    Sorry, not quite yet. We are still hoping to add that functionality to the beds, but at the moment our programming priorities required us to focus on other more important tasks.

Oh...