[an "unreasonable" request]

SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
I accept due to the land tile saving limitations this is not likely possible but would like to able to build some massive and really expensive thrusters built specifically to mount to the underside of the floating island(s) and very slowly move it to the base/pod location. There is nothing holding it there as far as I can tell but it maybe a magnetic/gravitational thingy we've not yet learned of. Perhaps an upgrade on the current generator as not to drag anything new into the game. This would be endgame level tech requiring great effort and very slow payout as it may take days/weeks in game to notice any movement but then slowly creeps in the direction you mount the thrust. The islands have a deep structure so travel would be complicated/limited by water depth and very slow movement would limit its use as an artificial boat. Maybe mount it on one of those small floater stones to yank it out of a hole or turn it into an unguided missile against the big aggressors. The same tech could be mounted to your base structure to very slowly relocate a reasonably sized base. I know this is not likely possible but would be a fun mechanic.

Comments

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Seems tearing down the repaired engine core and one of the drive engines from the Aurora as the the likely source of materials. This would also consist of large inventory components and many days travel into dangerous areas to accomplish.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    Sounds like a nifty idea and could be fun to do for the sake of it, but I'm not sure what the in game benefit would be given it would be quicker just to go to where you want your base to go and build a new one there.