islands, Eggs, Aquarium ....questions

mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
Thanks to the replies to the floating island discussion I have located the floater island pretty easily, I wondered if there are any more islands ??? Also how do u build the large aquarium? ? Can't seam to place it anywhere not sure what I am doing wrong. I presume that you can hatch eggs??? Thought I'd do one post for all these questions .

Comments

• Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Thanks to the replies to the floating island discussion I have located the floater island pretty easily, I wondered if there are any more islands ??? Also how do u build the large aquarium? ? Can't seam to place it anywhere not sure what I am doing wrong. I presume that you can hatch eggs??? Thought I'd do one post for all these questions .

Large aquariums need to be built in the middle of room, and yeah you can hatch eggs which make smaller versions of the animal, they will not attack you inside the aquarium but if released into the wild they will return to regular sie and regular behaviour.

I know of a second island which is great for diamonds, gold and lithium. I can't remember exactly where it was apart from being able to see the side of the Aurora from it. Someone else might be able to tell you where to find it.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    There's the Mountain Island. It's not as fancy as the Floater Island, but definitely worth a visit. Fair warning it has a big fish nearby. The only other above-sea level spot right now are the small sandbanks at the end half of the Aurora.

You build the large aquarium in multipurpose rooms only, in the center. You can get large aquariums to stack (essential for growing creepvines in them) by building them in multipurpose rooms atop each other. And yes, you can hatch eggs in them.
  • mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    Ok thankyou mini games! I went looking from the side of the aurora that u start and i couldn't find anything no islands other than the floater island. So if I haven't missed it i guess you mean the opposite side of the aurora? ? Never played the p.c version or game so I dnt have any knowledge of existing islands not to mention most of the materials, creatures etc lol but thnks again for your help
    Thankyou where are the mountain islands? N the creepvine is very handy always get attacked by them stalker things when I need seeds etc !
    You have to go NorthEast from the starting point, and you should about see it in the distance when you leave the Kelp Forest.

Tip regarding the creepyvine: you can plant both the seeds and creepvine itself. If you plant seeds, you'll get creepvine with seeds. If you plant creepvine, it will grow up to be seedless.
    I followed northeast and didn't see it??
    Just tried to find mountain island again going north east from start n I seam to be going in that direction for way seams like forever n I dnt see it in distance .....I'm not sure why I struggle to find it ???
  • blackjack301blackjack301 Orange Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217554Members
    I've never been there before but all I know is that its at the opposite side of the ship from the floater island.
  • blackjack301blackjack301 Orange Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217554Members
    I haven't found the island myself but all I know is as of a few updates ago (not many like 2) it was on the opposite side of the ship from the floater island
    Mmmm it baffles me I found floater island like people were saying was southwest direction but can't find anything . I keep thinking I'm lost whenever I try to find anything else lol dnt think navigation is my strong point!
    Navigation can be very tricky in this game. To be more specific about the directions to the other island, you have to go mostly North with one to two stripes (compass) to the East. You will see it when you leave the Kelp Zone, when you see absolutely no creepvine in front of you anymore. If you stay near ground level and spot deposits of magnetite, then you can go to the surface and look around. It should be very close by at that point and in front of you.
    edited May 2016
    Mini to the rescue! I figured I would record myself in creative to show you guys where the islands are.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7w17P8hOC0o <--- Island Locations.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    If i build a base on the Islands, in creative, will they be saved? just wondering..
    oelikoelie wrote: »
    If i build a base on the Islands, in creative, will they be saved? just wondering..

Just tested it, your base will be saved, just make sure you actually save the game lol.
    Thankyou mini and drowned out I'm gonna have another go so fingers crossed lol
    edited May 2016
    Thankyou mini and drowned out I'm gonna have another go so fingers crossed lol

It should be easy with that video xD You should probably take some beacons though lol
    Lol u r right mini I started using a beacon to find my build as I can't even find that half the time :(
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
    the island is not there for me (I explored every square inch)
    Just tried to find mountain island again going north east from start n I seam to be going in that direction for way seams like forever n I dnt see it in distance .....I'm not sure why I struggle to find it ???

yaay I found it. Thnku mini n drowned out. o:)
    the island is not there for me (I explored every square inch)

From the start it is one or two lines past north on compass like above post said when i i got past all the vines I saw rocks that were leading to surface of water I headed for them and that's how I finally managed to find it took a few attempts tho!