Question to the developping team

SandroSwordfireSandroSwordfire France Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217713Members
Hello!

I'm french, and i would like to do a narrative let's play about Subnautica, playing the character as he is, ans as he feels in the game.
It would be based on a real hardcore game, so i don't know how many episodes it will be. As I am french, it would not be in english, and as I am totally unknown 1)it wont be an efficient ad and 2) I wont be able to earn money out of it. I want to do it because i love this game, and i want to do something out of it, something deeper ( :wink: ) than just playing it in my apartment

My question is : Do you agree ?

Subnautica is your work, and a great work. I respect it as your game, your child in a way, and i would perfectly understand if you come to say no, but I hope you will agree.

Comments

• NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    I`m not a creator. But some of the Forumguides already said that the devs watch let`s plays of subnautica too. Like the ones from Markiplier, so it seems they don`t have anything against that.

Edit: Found it:
    Yes, I would say that most, or all, of the UWE devs have watched Markiplier's vids of Subnautica. Speaking for myself I have watched every single episode he's done so far.

To be found in the "I wonder if the devs watch markipliers subnautica gameplay" topic.
  • SandroSwordfireSandroSwordfire France Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217713Members
    cool ! thank you very much =)
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Unless a game is extremely bad or extremely story-oriented with no choices, I would never understand why a video game company would refuse to allow Let's Players to show off their games. After all, it is free publicity to their game and Exploration/Crafting/Survival games like Subnautica are perfect for Let's Players.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    Unless a game is extremely bad or extremely story-oriented with no choices, I would never understand why a video game company would refuse to allow Let's Players to show off their games. After all, it is free publicity to their game and Exploration/Crafting/Survival games like Subnautica are perfect for Let's Players.

Ask Nintendo :> Do they still want their share of money when making Vids with their games?
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    edited May 2016
    starkaos wrote: »

Ask Nintendo :> Do they still want their share of money when making Vids with their games?

Wtf, I`ll take that as a yes. xD