Subnautica – Which day is it again?

AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
Greetings, fellow divers :)

Today I was about to fire up a new save game on hardcore mode and write a very detailed log about it (credit goes obviously to @PBSF_Pendragon ;)). Buuut I encountered a problem :disappointed:
I want to give those log entries specific dates, like Day 1, Day 3 etc. But I don't know how to keep track of the time while playing.

So does anyone know how to keep track of time except counting the "night time approaches"-messages? I know that the PDA keeps track of certain events and marks them with a "Day ___", but that would mean I have to do these things always when I want to make a log entry, which would be annoying on the long run :confused:

Comments

• NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Hm, same as in another Topic. Sorry, this space venturing civilisation doesn`t seem to like/understand/want watches or Calendars. :-(
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    Isn't there something on the PDA that gives you the number of days? I'm pretty sure that there was...
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    The log has a day counter, not sure, but I think it only says on what day you get a message via the radio com.

To lazy to check it since I don`t play much now since I expect another save wipe with new biome (settings) in the next update.
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    Thanks for the replies so far :)
    And thanks for reminding me @NamelessChaos, I somehow completely forgot that an update is coming soon :fearful:

I guess I'll have some time to figure out a way to keep track of the days, or I just scrap that method and give the log entries numbers like the Degasi survivors did ;)
    edited May 2016
    Np, I guess this update everyone`s waiting for. Another thing was that this civilisation didn`t have much of an interest in recycling if I may say so. Seems like they now renember why that is a good thing. xD

Btw: I`d like to see a watch or calendar ingame too. As for the loging search for the Topic "Fun with the Scanner room". The creator wrote a nice story without time, if you`re up to something like that, maybe it`ll give you some Ideas. :-)
  • PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    oops. only just checking in here. I use the log days most of the time. just to keep track of roughly when I did what.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I wouldn't even mind if it was a tab on the PDA that said "Time Stranded here from crash" with the days and hours in game listed and it could then have our gameplay time underneath as it translated to Earth Hours