I miss solar panels

TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
on my cyclops, man having to keep crafting them is a pain.

Anyone know when the charger update will drop ?

Comments

• AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    Hopefully soon, but I doubt it.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    Should get an upgrade module just like the moth does, the balance comes from the fact that if you run out of power to deep your still gona need to throw a cell at it.
  • AceDynamoAceDynamo Canada Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213737Members
    In addition to the charger, I think the full plan is to have a "docking port" for the cyclops, pull up to a sea base, dock and recharge, much like the seamoth.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Taiphoz wrote: »
    on my cyclops, man having to keep crafting them is a pain. Anyone know when the charger update will drop ?

Your new Solar Panels, sir...

Solar_Panel_in_game.jpg
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Wondering if these are intended for use on the cyclops. Nice that they re-did these although they didn't have to what with all the new additions they are working on!
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    The update is coming next week.The devs have stated that it will come mid-week,which means Wednesday or Thursday.

It will have both chargers,new creatures and the new battery system
    :wink:
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Wondering if these are intended for use on the cyclops. Nice that they re-did these although they didn't have to what with all the new additions they are working on!

nope yoma. For some reason they didn`t want us to add solar panels on the cyclops anymore. Not sure if they said why, but it`s been quite a while since we could add stuff on the cyclops until they changed that.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Hopefully soon, but I doubt it.

Modeling is done, just need code to work.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    yomama wrote: »

nope yoma. For some reason they didn`t want us to add solar panels on the cyclops anymore. Not sure if they said why, but it`s been quite a while since we could add stuff on the cyclops until they changed that.

Probably because the Cyclops upgrade modules still need to be done and they are likely working on the Cyclops Solar Charger. No point in having Solar Panels and a Cyclops Solar Charger available for the Cyclops.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think one of the devs said they wouldn't give effectively unlimited power to the clops, because it would make base-building nearly useless. The cyclops can already have most of your base appliances installed on it - back when it could have solar power I literally didn't have a base - I just trucked around in my solar-powered cyclops doing stuff. I even had a nuclear plant mounted on it for deep diving. This was pre-farming update, so I still had to gather food, but salting a bunch of reginalds and making a bunch of drinking water wasn't that much of an obstacle.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I think one of the devs said they wouldn't give effectively unlimited power to the clops, because it would make base-building nearly useless. The cyclops can already have most of your base appliances installed on it - back when it could have solar power I literally didn't have a base - I just trucked around in my solar-powered cyclops doing stuff. I even had a nuclear plant mounted on it for deep diving. This was pre-farming update, so I still had to gather food, but salting a bunch of reginalds and making a bunch of drinking water wasn't that much of an obstacle.

Hm, the small Aquariums weren`t there at this time? They`ve been around quite long, I usally have one in my Cyclops, for fresh food or specimen gathering... . Right in front of the engine room is enough space for that.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Yeah, I knew they had done that, and I also used the cyclops instead of a base