when is update coming out and how far along is it till its done

coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
edited May 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
just want to know no rush unknown worlds

Comments

• killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    I think it might be out of there hands. meaning it's done, but it's currently in Cert testing. For the most part the update was just porting the current version to the xbox with some bug fixes for things like the blueprints and the mobile vehicle base, hopefully the fish hit box as well.

Cert testing, if you don't know, is Microsofts in house testing. It doesn't test game performance so much as it tests the consoles performance while playing the game, and it determines if there are any issues with the operating system and the current/upcoming versions of Xbox live while running the game. it usually takes around a week, but for some reason takes a bit longer with third party titles and especially those int he preview program.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    so its done but in testing to see if its all good to go before giving it to the fans buddy ?
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    There hasn't been solid word from the devs as to a timetable. With that said, E3 2016 right around the corner, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a little polish before the show. It'd be hard to show off a sea base on xbox with a moon sized chunk of quartz blotting out the sun. :D
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from Killenjoke but it's not accurate.

We should have an update ready for you within a week or two, but we can't promise. When it's ready, it will be a few days for Microsoft to get it through CERT.
    Flayra wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info from Killenjoke but it's not accurate.

We should have an update ready for you within a week or two, but we can't promise. When it's ready, it will be a few days for Microsoft to get it through CERT.

thank you buddy i love your game one more thing what if it dont make it will xbox lose this brill game buddy
    killenjoke wrote: »
    I think it might be out of there hands. meaning it's done, but it's currently in Cert testing. For the most part the update was just porting the current version to the xbox with some bug fixes for things like the blueprints and the mobile vehicle base, hopefully the fish hit box as well.

Cert testing, if you don't know, is Microsofts in house testing. It doesn't test game performance so much as it tests the consoles performance while playing the game, and it determines if there are any issues with the operating system and the current/upcoming versions of Xbox live while running the game. it usually takes around a week, but for some reason takes a bit longer with third party titles and especially those int he preview program.

get real info bro thanks for saying tho