Unplayable Until Update

2»

Comments

• PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After playing Elite Dangerous through Game Preview it was at first riddled with bugs, and I'll fully agree, and believe the developers would as well, that Subnautica is currently also riddled with bugs

HOWEVER, importantly, this isn't a full game, or anywhere near a fully game currently. What Unknown Worlds are doing, exactly the same as the Elite developers did (and still are) is creating a game and not only working off their own backs, but also interacting very very closely with the community. Not only to work out bugs, but also to see what the community think of new ideas, and to get ideas from the community to add what WE want to their game.

Putting it very bluntly, if you don't want to play a game which is riddled with bugs. Do, not, purchase, a game, preview, game. Just wait for the full release.

OR. buy at game preview, get the discount, and just don't play it until release...
  • NeoSerpentNeoSerpent Australia Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217416Members
    edited May 2016
    Despite all of Subnautica's defects, it's quite enjoyable! I'm immensely grateful that they brought it to Xbox One.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Game Preview is certainly not for everyone. It's for perhaps 20% of the PC gaming community, maybe it's even less for console players, whom may be used to more polished releases.

But it IS for a lot of people and it DOES help us make much better games ultimately.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Game Preview is certainly not for everyone. It's for perhaps 20% of the PC gaming community, maybe it's even less for console players, whom may be used to more polished releases.

Given the state of numerous big budget titles at release over the past few years, I'd say console gamers are becoming increasingly used to games being very much less than polished, unfortunately.

Personally I'm all for supporting studios who value quality of game over hitting an optimal marketing window, and if preview programmes like this one help with that, then I hope more follow suit.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    I too enjoy it a lot even with all the bugs and the lack of more content. Im looking forward to see more . Patience is golden ;)
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    All I can say is I am happy to participate in this game preview. UWE deserves praise on several fronts (non violence, original idea, and let's face it, relatively quick porting to console) not criticism for A PLAYABLE preview.
  • nettonetto canada Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217126Members
    Flayra wrote: »

But it IS for a lot of people and it DOES help us make much better games ultimately.

I wouldn't mind playing if the frame rate wasn't that bad, i understand i will never get a stable FPS i don't mine a bit of frame skipping but this is just to much and the thing that bothers me is that the trailer for Xbox one does not represent the Xbox one version at all it looks so smooth and fun to play and that is where i wonder about early access and sometimes i think they are a bit to early like this to me.. I am happy i gave you my 20$ from what the game is on PC you guys deserve it but give me the same experience here please regarding frame rate, i can understand the limitation of Xbox one and i am pretty sure future stuff on PC won't be able to make it on Xbox one because of this but for now i feel like i made and investment only, i know the frame rate will be better but i just wish it was better then this when i dished out my 20$ even tho i had tried the game for 30 mins but it didn't seem that bad but after 4 hours omg! can't take it anymore gets worst the more you progress so yeah waiting on update. Great game guys i'm just real not trying to be negative but i feel kinda cheated lol... Like why did you guys not wait until the next update you are working on , you already have your testers on PC and for sure you played the game before giving it a GO for release and that is where i don't agree with whoever made the decision to push this out , must be friends with Sergey Titov..... bah