Sea Dragon Updated

AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
He's now the "full" size and has his eyes and roar. Not gonna lie I thought he'd be bigger.

Comments

• ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Some scale comparisons to show the current sizes of some of these creatures, and the planned size for the Sea Emperor. The Sea Dragon is pretty big.
    3ldul17yz6fz.png

Can we demonstrate the dragon's power by having it eat a reaper?
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    Some scale comparisons to show the current sizes of some of these creatures, and the planned size for the Sea Emperor. The Sea Dragon is pretty big.
    I guess I was expecting it to be alot similar to the emperor. And holy shit the emperor is large.
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    that's in the ocean of subnautica now?!?!? oh dear god... I'm going to have to wear a diaper when playing now.... and to think I was afraid to go into the ocean after watching Jaws the first time..... those guys make Jaws look like a cuddly little toy.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    3ldul17yz6fz.png

"Well, thanks a lot, Devs! I'll just stay in my Lifepod the--"

*GULP*

"...."
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    I will even stay in my Lifepod, no reason why I should die from being eaten by these Monsters. =)
    Wonder if a new emperor/dragon attack would be a tentacle cyclops/seamoth grab?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Wonder if a new emperor/dragon attack would be a tentacle cyclops/seamoth grab?

Since they partially resemble cephalopods, I wonder what it would be like if they could create an ink smokescreen to get closer to you undetected...
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The creature sizes are big enough I think. Now only the job of swimming with correct tentacle animations has to get done (including clipping) and this will still be quite difficult and lots of work. But the devs did awesome work so far.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    3ldul17yz6fz.png

• GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    the Sea Dragon grabs you and eats you whole, 1 hit kill last thing you see is it's mouth, takes a seamoth (bog standard) down to around 15% from 100% while taking you on a wild ride. Can be killed (did this in a exosuit) still can eat you when it's dead and going near body damages you.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    here's the important question, can we kill it. Because i'll shock all day and burn power like crazy if that means it will die.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The creature sizes are big enough I think. Now only the job of swimming with correct tentacle animations has to get done (including clipping) and this will still be quite difficult and lots of work. But the devs did awesome work so far.

agreed. They look hella derpy now, but I trust that they'll nail it.

On a side note, does anyone else feel the shockers (or amp eels) are still a bit derpy as well? Or is it just me?
    It is killable. Has 2 attacks: fire breath and fireball. Fireballs can be grabbed by the exosuit repulsion cannon, vulnerable to fireballs as it inhales for fire breath.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    @Darwin-Evolution can you link me that gif? I wanna use that in other things X3
  • WaterfallWaterfall Cherbourg/FR Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214918Members
    @Darwin-Evolution can you link me that gif? I wanna use that in other things X3

Just right click on the GIF and copy the link ;)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5019629/uploads/editor/wb/1kng2cm2s3ne.gif
  • DragonsRAwesomeDragonsRAwesome Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217608Members
    im thinking, if the sea dragon has 'supposedly' captured the sea emporer how would it have if the sea emporer is like 2 times bigger than the sea dragon??
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited May 2016
    It is killable. Has 2 attacks: fire breath and fireball. Fireballs can be grabbed by the exosuit repulsion cannon, vulnerable to fireballs as it inhales for fire breath.

Now that's just silly: How can it be killed by its own fire? That just makes zero sense to me.

It lives in a fire biome and breaths fire.
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members

Now that's just silly: How can it be killed by its own fire? That just makes zero sense to me.

It lives in a fire biome and breaths fire.

simillar to a ghast its bassically like jamming the muzzle of a gun. if you clog it's only point to fire its... fire... the buildup could kill it or cause it to explode or something in that manner.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited May 2016
    What I find strange is that it breathes fire underwater in the first place. Some sort of superheated jet of water would make more sense to me, like the ones emanating from the lava geysers.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    After the most recent Experimental Builds update (~45MB), the Sea Dragon's tentacles now trail and move freely, no longer being "stiff".
  • Dark_MasterDark_Master Astana Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214413Members
    DEVS! The exosuit is too powerfull! I can kill a seadragon in 5 seconds! Please, don't make the subnautica so easy!
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    DEVS! The exosuit is too powerfull! I can kill a seadragon in 5 seconds! Please, don't make the subnautica so easy!
    Yes, the exosuit damage and sea dragon hitpoints have not been balanced at all yet. We are just now starting to get all that stuff hooked up, and getting the basic features working, before worrying about balance. The Sea Dragon will be much tougher then that when fully implemented.
    Yes, the exosuit damage and sea dragon hitpoints have not been balanced at all yet. We are just now starting to get all that stuff hooked up, and getting the basic features working, before worrying about balance. The Sea Dragon will be much tougher then that when fully implemented.

Thanks very much too you! I just got in panic because i thought that subnautica is becoming easy!
    And another question. THE SEA DRAGON IS GONNA BREATH FIRE?!?!?!?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    And another question. THE SEA DRAGON IS GONNA BREATH FIRE?!?!?!?

Plasma dragon :D
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    fire, underwater, sigh. If the question would be if he spews acid that would make sense... .