Here is to the future :)

Niels83Niels83 Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216943Members
First let me start by saying what a wonderful little game this is. I am having so much fun with this minus some bugs now and then ( i keep saving the game to be on the safe side hehe) Anywho this is one of the best survival games out there and also quit scairy, cause you never know what lurks in the black deep. I love this game just as much as Ark survival. My wife is a hardcore gamer too, and when she saw me Playing this she got really interested in it. "Ah look at all those cute little fish!" Trust me they are not all that cute hehe. Anyway she was sad to hear that it has no co-op, now plz dont jump me. I did my research for this game a long time ago so i knew this was a single player game only, and from what i have read on the pc forum, that is how it will be, and that is all fine with me:)
I do however hope that once this game is finished, that you will think about making a Subnautica 2, and then have co-op in that one. I dont mean like 100 of players like in Ark Survival, but what i mean it would be nice to share this universe with 2 or 3 friends in a game. This i will hope for same goes for my wife, then maybe one day we can share this wonderful game Universe together. I wish all the best for your little game studio, and i am sure you will get alot of huge success. Here is to the future;)
PS sorry about my spelling, im danish hehe

Comments

• killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    Hej, Velkommen.(hopefully that syntax and spelling is correct.)

your spelling and grammar are actually better than most English speaking people.

they definitely want multiplayer, but had to scrap it early on, as they originally created the concept for Subnautica as a multiplayer survival game, but were never able to develop the multiplayer system. they have stated that they have an interest in creating either a sequel or alternate version that will implement multiplayer.

it's a tough thing to do properly, even third party developers with the help of multiplayer dynamos like Sony and Microsoft have troubles sometimes. I'm surprised ARK is as massive as it is. their team might be larger than unknown worlds though.

Team Dakota never got it working on Spark for windows 10 and it was haphazard at best on the xbox.
  • Dirk_PerfectDirk_Perfect Kentucky Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217411Members
    I'm not sure this game would translate well into a PvP type multi-player even though I enjoy that terror feeling like I did on Ark, I know many hate that especially the waking up bit, logging in and finding out you got raided. Not sure anybody is especially thrilled with that part. Still, I liked the risk and trying to hide and or defend against thinking opponents. I was a peaceful PvP player that just defended myself and attempted to stay off the radar and hidden. I found that exciting. Having said that, I think this game would be far better suited to a player vs. Environment situation if it were to be multi-player ever, in otherwords, as the OP stated, a Co-op game. I am fine with it being single player though if that's its destiny as long as it ends up with tons of content of things to do that makes it seem to last so long that your never really feel like you truly did everything.

I like a sandbox game that keeps you invested. Side missions that can be endlessly given but are random so it should not be exactly the same each time. Random events, random weather from pleasant to extreme that can affect you, your base, your vehicle(s). Dangers, exploration, survival, new technology, upgrades, new vehicles, and not too fast or too easy in acquisition. The Seamoth fragments for example, it's like a thousand of those things exploded from the wreck, I can't swim 5 meters without running into another Seamoth fragment. A little too easy but it's early, no difficulty settings yet, lots of balancing tweaking to come I am sure. If it ever gets multi-player treatment then co-OP is probably the way to go on this. It feels more like a cooperative game out the gate and not so much of a competition. The competition would be surviving the environment and thriving within the hostile alien new world.
  • Sub_NaughtySub_Naughty Away from Reapers Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217316Members
    Reading this got me thinking about making an addition to my post about ideas for this game adding a multiplayer topic! Check it out here http://goo.gl/jqx9a2 and if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    I agree that a PvE coop mode would be awesome, but it's a way off *if* it does ever come. The Devs made a post about it here: http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-multiplayer-when-if-how-and-why/
  • Niels83Niels83 Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216943Members
    killenjoke wrote: »
    Hej, Velkommen.(hopefully that syntax and spelling is correct.)

your spelling and grammar are actually better than most English speaking people.

they definitely want multiplayer, but had to scrap it early on, as they originally created the concept for Subnautica as a multiplayer survival game, but were never able to develop the multiplayer system. they have stated that they have an interest in creating either a sequel or alternate version that will implement multiplayer.

it's a tough thing to do properly, even third party developers with the help of multiplayer dynamos like Sony and Microsoft have troubles sometimes. I'm surprised ARK is as massive as it is. their team might be larger than unknown worlds though.

Team Dakota never got it working on Spark for windows 10 and it was haphazard at best on the xbox.

Thankyou very much sir:) i shall take that as a compliment, and may i add your danish is perfect;)
    There is no doubt, that making co-op/pve is a big task, but yes who know's? Maybe in the future or in their next game;) thx for the reply
    I'm not sure this game would translate well into a PvP type multi-player even though I enjoy that terror feeling like I did on Ark, I know many hate that especially the waking up bit, logging in and finding out you got raided. Not sure anybody is especially thrilled with that part. Still, I liked the risk and trying to hide and or defend against thinking opponents. I was a peaceful PvP player that just defended myself and attempted to stay off the radar and hidden. I found that exciting. Having said that, I think this game would be far better suited to a player vs. Environment situation if it were to be multi-player ever, in otherwords, as the OP stated, a Co-op game. I am fine with it being single player though if that's its destiny as long as it ends up with tons of content of things to do that makes it seem to last so long that your never really feel like you truly did everything.

I like a sandbox game that keeps you invested. Side missions that can be endlessly given but are random so it should not be exactly the same each time. Random events, random weather from pleasant to extreme that can affect you, your base, your vehicle(s). Dangers, exploration, survival, new technology, upgrades, new vehicles, and not too fast or too easy in acquisition. The Seamoth fragments for example, it's like a thousand of those things exploded from the wreck, I can't swim 5 meters without running into another Seamoth fragment. A little too easy but it's early, no difficulty settings yet, lots of balancing tweaking to come I am sure. If it ever gets multi-player treatment then co-OP is probably the way to go on this. It feels more like a cooperative game out the gate and not so much of a competition. The competition would be surviving the environment and thriving within the hostile alien new world.
    hi friend i agree 100% neither would i want to have PvP in this game. This is not a deathmach game, but a survival exploration game with horror elements in it. But i would love to see co-op/PvE in this game one day, or in the next game. Immagine this. Im on board the Cyclops as the captain, i tell my wife to jump in the seamoth and sail out to find some "Coral Juice" while my kid is running around like a headless chicken onboard the Cyclops yelling " DAD! THERE SURE IS A LOT OF HOLES ON THIS SHIP? IS IT NORMAL THAT WATER IS COMMING IN?" Hehe sorry just had to:) but yeah to share this universe with one or two friends would be lovely;) thx for the reply friend
  • TheCanisDirusTheCanisDirus usa Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216939Members
    ^this exactly! 3-4 person, online co-op, (i know splitscreen would implode on Xbox One lol) can't do damage to each other directly, focus on surviving together. Esp. with that upcoming exo suit... could have a "spotter" in the seamoth following him/her etc. Many cool things would happen.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    edited May 2016
    It would be awesome to see your friend swimming around you and driving his seamoth while you're gathering stuff

And of course, split screen for Xbox One
  • benitocbenitoc Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215115Members
    Dude, Co-op would be amazing. My two sisters and I (all 14-16) are all interested in playing the game and trying to share the game with three people is a hassle. In most other games we have played co-op and it would be great to see that come to Subnautica.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    So glad you're digging Subnautica, Niels! Your English is fantastic, btw.

We would love to add co-op gameplay someday, but it will have to be a new game. It's waaaay too much work to simply "add" to Subnautica. We might make a standalone game focused on co-op (like "Subnautica Together") or maybe we'll make a sequel.

But it's clear that Co-op is something you guys would love and we'd love it too. Imagine piloting your Cyclops with a few people: one at the helm, another repairing/building machinery, another managing fuel and energy systems and another off on small missions in the Seamoth, reporting what they're finding?

It would be quite annoying to have to buy another time "just" to have multiplayer :)
    Flayra wrote: »
    So glad you're digging Subnautica, Niels! Your English is fantastic, btw.

We would love to add co-op gameplay someday, but it will have to be a new game. It's waaaay too much work to simply "add" to Subnautica. We might make a standalone game focused on co-op (like "Subnautica Together") or maybe we'll make a sequel.

But it's clear that Co-op is something you guys would love and we'd love it too. Imagine piloting your Cyclops with a few people: one at the helm, another repairing/building machinery, another managing fuel and energy systems and another off on small missions in the Seamoth, reporting what they're finding?
    Thankyou sir, very kind of you. Yes im having a blast, though i have to change shorts often cause of the jump scaires when deep in the black hehe. He he that would be awesome. I would be the Captain on the Cyclops, my wife would take the seamoth, to go out shopping for seaweed, and my kid would be running around screaming "DAD! DAD WE ARE TAKING IN WATER AGAIN!" But yes to the future guys, i salute you:)