Xbox One issues

RugerRinoRugerRino Johnson City Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217040Members
Hi love the game, but it crashes from time to time it just ends and with no auto save it don't keep a game so basically you have to start over each time. I have noticed that a lot of the joints and T do not change perspective so that you can link them. I also would like to know if your moving toward MP anytime this is a great game and for me more fun than other survival games out right now. I know there are a lot of options on steam that Xbox don't have yet cant wait. Thank you for a great game and your time and help keep up the good work anything I can do let me know.

Comments

• ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    Unfortunately due to the current state of the steam version being basically Early Access and Updating daily, a truly stable full release, that is the game being finished and it's updates being DLC would be a stretch for XBox at the time. I too love the game but this forum with bug reports is so active I sometimes wonder if the devs are having a hard time to meet demand. I was unaware the XBox version was out, and to be honest, there is no auto-save in the game at all. I would heavily recommend you save often to not have to restart from the beginning after every crash. What exactly do you mean by MP?
  • OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
    There is no blood kelp or jellyshrooms in their areas
  • OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
    Why is there no jellyshrooms or blood kelp?
  • mitchjmitchj U.S. Join Date: 2016-05-21 Member: 217204Members
    so whats going on with the crash powder bug? i know the devs were tracking that issue but i havent seen any word of it in a while
  • TravistyJCTravistyJC California Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217267Members
    Ruger, the game does crash a lot because xbox can handle the graphics. The crashes are usually do to frame rate lag. Avoid building overly complex bases and never build a structure that alters the landscape. That will help avoid frame rate drops and crashes. As for your T and L tubes, press the X button to rotate structures and make sure your reticle is aimed at the actual place you want to connect to not just near it. As for multilayer you need yo pay a little closer attention and go through the update boards they would have to rebuild the entire game frim the ground up or hire a whole new team of extra developers to make MP actually function.

Octo, the Xbox version is not the same as the steam version just like minecraft and all PC games the PC versions always have more working updates. Jelly shrooms, blood kelp, and crab snakes along with much more are only available on the PC versions but the Devs are working hard to get the Xbox version updated. That's why xbox still had the glitch where objects and biomes spawn floating in the sky.

Mitch, there is no bug with the crash powder. As crash plants are extremely common crash powder only has about a 1/6 spawn rate. Not even all limestone outcrops actually have minerals in them. Also seeing how you only need one crash powder sample anyway through out the entire game the spawn rate dies not need to be high. You only need crash powder for a welder after that you'll never need it again.
  • RugerRinoRugerRino Johnson City Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217040Members
    thank you for you update and I could of done more research on the game but it is crashing in survivor mode before I build anything and I don't do forums often I get that it is not a complete game a lot of the games are not complete now days but like I said the game is crashing in survival mode before I can even build anything you did not say anything about the auto save though because I could handle the crashes easy if I did not have to start over each time but I do like that you all have 4 different game modes but again thanks for getting back to me and for your time
  • cheshchesh uk Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217353Members
    This game is buggy on the xbox at the moment but a quick restart of the game sorts out most issues. as for no auto save all i can suggest is save often (i learned this the hard way after building the cyclops for the 3rd time).
    It is an amazing and unique perspective on the survival genre and deserves to do well. People just need to remember that these things take time. :)
  • Maeko_SalpsanMaeko_Salpsan Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217407Members
    First, I do understand that this is in the testing phase, so I am simply reporting bugs I have experienced so far.

- I'm having trouble with frame rate... The lag is real
    - Strange floating black doors (2001 space odyssey) above water between the aurora and the life pod.
    - In the same spot as the floating doors creep vine sticks out of the water 30 meters high.
    - I really don't like the button configuration (would like to choose of customize)
    - Hot-key is odd. I would like to be able to choose where my knife goes with out it taking forever because it switches random items on my hot key bar. Yes, I am on Xbox one, but I don't know what to call it.
    - Thumb stick sensitivity is too high at low setting (it's like I never changed it)
    - Pause menu gets stuck and won't let me save or quit.
    - 30 second and 10 second warning for air is gone.
    - I was about to pick gold then suddenly I was transported so far away it took a while to get to the life pod. I ignored the gold.
    - The most important by far of all the bugs..... My waterproof containers that had all my stuff to build (10 containers that were full... I only needed gold and silver to start building) disappeared. I built 3 more. Went hunting for salt. Turned around.... Poof.
  • sulphurstevsulphurstev Scotland Join Date: 2016-08-04 Member: 220963Members
    I can only play this game (xbox one) on creative at the moment because when i go on survival i sink to the bottom and cant get back up.on creative saving often is a good tip because of the crashing.im sure all will be well soon.Early days :)