DAY AND NIGHT NEED TO BE LONGER !

lamoilamoi London Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217017Members
Hi, just played this game on XB1.

What a great little game! But the day and night cycle are way too quick. The speed at which the planet in the night sky speeds across is ridiculous!

I've seen some one post night night time is too long. I'm sorry they must be nuts!

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    lamoi wrote: »
    I've seen some one post night night time is too long. I'm sorry they must be nuts!

That's probably the reason for the fast time scale. For scary people the night is over before their panic drives them mad. There are also no functional beds in the game to shift the time. So the only way to shorten the scary nights is to make time go faster. And the result of the fast time scale is a ridiculous diving time underwater. So I agree that the time scale should get cut and days and nights be longer. Maybe the devs only need a waiting/sleeping function.
  • lamoilamoi London Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217017Members
    Yeah they should include beds.

But at the moment day and night is stupid. It's too quick.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Agreed. If they make the night even shorter then they might as well remove it completely. And some of Subnautica's most beautiful scenery is further enhanced by the darkness (Also the bioluminescence exhibited by most of the fauna/flora!). Certain species such as the stalker become more aggressive at night but on the flip side, fish such as peepers become much easier to catch. Want to get some more creepvine seeds? Wait until morning or grow some yourself.
  • papragupapragu Home Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202455Members
    edited May 2016
    have to agree, day night cycle is too fast and that planet or moon in the sky looks like it is in the atmosphere of the planet/moon we are on. It looks out of place. Make it smaller or use a diffuse filter on it to make it look more distant.