Submit Your Creature Ideas!

Comments

• maxplayer025maxplayer025 washington Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215114Members
    Dagon wrote: »
    maybe something that lives under the island and surfaces in the pond every once in a while? when it's in the pond, it can spew hot water at you if you get too close.

Maybe put a variation of the inactive lava zone biome close to the surface and create a small chain of volcanic islands for the creature to live in. Nothing big, just something interesting to explore.

good idea. but maybe they can use the already existing island. not the floating island, the other one. it's across the map.
  • maxplayer025maxplayer025 washington Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215114Members
    also, on the arora there could be a snakelike thing with a barbed tail i suggest calling it a Mindworm. it wraps around the host and jams the barb into the host's neck, and starts controlling them. to ad to the snakes themselves, there can be humans walking around being controlled by the Mindworms. you can't kill the Mindworm or remove the barb without killing the host until later updates, but maybe not even then. i came up with this by trying to mix a Facehugger with a Warper, and decided a snake-scorpion mix could be a good look for that type of creature.

Oriberus wrote: »
    Sorry something more images at once I know.

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

this is a really cool design, but i think there should only be one in the game. and it doesnt spawn when you get close. its always there

• Dracos_VDracos_V Join Date: 2016-03-30 Member: 215043Members
    1. A 'core leviathan' of some sorts. Make it as large as the Sea Emperor Leviathan, spawns in the active lava zone, and when it comes into the field of view, it slowly approaches you. If you try to run away, It follows you and slowly kills you with radiation. in terms of appearance, it would be a crabsnake with the head of a shocker, and halfway down its very long body, it branches off into the tails of the sea dragon tipped with claws. In color / body texture, it would be armored like the sea emperor and have the color pattern of the sea dragon: Green with purple stripes.

2. A 'Keeper' of the Twisty bridges biome. Unlike in the concept art, the Twisty bridges is actually going to be a deep-sea biome. I would like it to be one giant cave with the infinity tree at the end. There would be a shocker-sized creature that resembles both the warper and the mesmer which is highly protective of its eggs. If you manage to snag one while it's not looking, it would notice that it's missing one and transform into this reaper leviathan-sized highly hostile navy-blue warper with graspers the size of the player that could squeeze the life out of the player instead of claws, a mouth full of spinning rows of serrated teeth, blood-red eyes, the ability to teleport, and shocker tendrils running down its back which could shoot out electricity like a seamoth perimeter defense system but powerful enough to instakill a reaper leviathan. It would seek out and destroy the player, killing everything in its path. The only way to make it not kill you is to give it back the egg(s) you stole. Otherwise, it would destroy the thing you're in, force you out, and kill you until you either kill it or give it the egg(s).
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    maybe something that lives under the island and surfaces in the pond every once in a while? when it's in the pond, it can spew hot water at you if you get too close.

Maybe put a variation of the inactive lava zone biome close to the surface and create a small chain of volcanic islands for the creature to live in. Nothing big, just something interesting to explore.

good idea. but maybe they can use the already existing island. not the floating island, the other one. it's across the map.

I'm working on a design for your creature. I'll post it soon.
  • AttumaAttuma Antarctic Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216004Members
    Giant amoeba (Pelomyxa nobile)

tumblr_inline_mqka0slWDw1qz4rgp.jpg

Envelops its prey by extending its membrane around it.
    Then releases enzymes for digestion. (Animation: flesh disappears to reveal bones).
  • Starovoyovm20Starovoyovm20 141 Granite Drive Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216373Members
    Two more creatures, one that can not only swim, but also fly. The second is partially transparent, so it's extremely hard to find!
  • Starovoyovm20Starovoyovm20 141 Granite Drive Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216373Members
    LagaLaga wrote: »
    I think there should be more creatures on the new land biome. (Or Aurora) But I dont want it to take away from the whole underwater as the main setting thing. So as a first, some kind of bleeder-like enemy on land. Something that's hostile, but you don't need a knife to kill. I'm thinking some kind of insect? Like a big assassin bug. It would jump on you, and then you would lose some health. It keeps sucking your blood, and you have to more like swat it.cb0tqb8u2ci8.jpg

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, like a land bleeder?
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    Whales.

Giant Whales.

But seriously, there needs to be some HUGE creature that serves no purpose other than showing off the game and making you feel eerily small and powerless. An alien whale would do the trick, invincible, slow and loud lol.
  • CidonixCidonix Ukraine Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216525Members
  • BuuunBuuun My lonely base underwater on a unknown planet... Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215272Members
    What about a creepy ass f*ck that can camouflage and hangs around your base, and maybe starts to destory the base unless you do something.

132715.jpg
  • slikmcqwikslikmcqwik Omaha Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216596Members
    edited May 2016
    I'd really like the idea of a creature we could interact more with, somewhat similar to the Stalker fish. I mean, let's face it, the majority of this stuff is either trying to kill you or you're trying to eat them. Others, like the rabbit ray and jelly ray or w/e don't do much.

So, I propose a small critter that will do something simple to give the world more life: I was thinking a small creature that will swim over and steal a captured fish if you continue to hold it out. I think it would be a funny surprise for the player.

The creatures mentioned I think would be small carnivores that are primarily scavengers. It could be fun to hold out fish and watch the little guy come over. Or if there's multiple then they will wrestle for it, lol.

I had the idea for something like a frog fish/pipe fish hybrid. The round, awkward, mostly-mouth body of a frog-fish, complete with small clawed limbs, and a long rudder-like tail that propels them through the water. The tail-fin would be a colorful piece, and the rest I think could be a fairly dull color. Their main body would actually be about the size of the fish we carry, and it would be funny to watch them try to swim away with it, lol. Give it an "it's so ugly it's cute" appeal. Probably has multiple eyes, a set on the top of their bodies, two on either side and two in front. It probably just would look like a clust of eyes on their head.

I dunno just some stuff I'm throwing out there. Even just a creature that would take your fish besides stalkers I think would be a valuable aspect. Maybe I'll draw what I had in mind later.
  • slikmcqwikslikmcqwik Omaha Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216596Members

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

this is a really cool design, but i think there should only be one in the game. and it doesnt spawn when you get close. its always there

I actually love the idea of just one big flying predator, even if I'm not sure about the design. I would love that. Just one, somewhere. The surface frequently feels safe, giving players that rare occurrence of horror out of the water could be fun.

I'm working on a design for your creature. I'll post it soon.
    thanks

slikmcqwik wrote: »

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

I actually love the idea of just one big flying predator, even if I'm not sure about the design. I would love that. Just one, somewhere. The surface frequently feels safe, giving players that rare occurrence of horror out of the water could be fun.

what i was saying is it NEVER despawns
    I'd really like the idea of a creature we could interact more with, somewhat similar to the Stalker fish. I mean, let's face it, the majority of this stuff is either trying to kill you or you're trying to eat them. Others, like the rabbit ray and jelly ray or w/e don't do much.

So, I propose a small critter that will do something simple to give the world more life: I was thinking a small creature that will swim over and steal a captured fish if you continue to hold it out. I think it would be a funny surprise for the player.

The creatures mentioned I think would be small carnivores that are primarily scavengers. It could be fun to hold out fish and watch the little guy come over. Or if there's multiple then they will wrestle for it, lol.

I had the idea for something like a frog fish/pipe fish hybrid. The round, awkward, mostly-mouth body of a frog-fish, complete with small clawed limbs, and a long rudder-like tail that propels them through the water. The tail-fin would be a colorful piece, and the rest I think could be a fairly dull color. Their main body would actually be about the size of the fish we carry, and it would be funny to watch them try to swim away with it, lol. Give it an "it's so ugly it's cute" appeal. Probably has multiple eyes, a set on the top of their bodies, two on either side and two in front. It probably just would look like a clust of eyes on their head.

I dunno just some stuff I'm throwing out there. Even just a creature that would take your fish besides stalkers I think would be a valuable aspect. Maybe I'll draw what I had in mind later.

that's a great idea!
  • FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
    How about some bigger fishes? Right now, all herbivores are smaller then you, except for the gasopods. Id like some bigger fishes like our tunas or goliath groupers.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

Maybe have one flying around the mountains/floater island. If a seamoth comes close, have the creature grab it from the water and drop it at certain points of the island/mountain; massive damage, but falls back into the water for escape purposes.

Maybe a Skyray Leviathan?
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Land creatures. Say something like a wolf that can be tamed by feeding it peepers and will stay on the island
  • sharkishsharkish Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215318Members
    how about like a dolphin? like a friendly smart cureaus creature. also a sky/ilsland dwelling apex predator.

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

Maybe have one flying around the mountains/floater island. If a seamoth comes close, have the creature grab it from the water and drop it at certain points of the island/mountain; massive damage, but falls back into the water for escape purposes.

oh my god, yes!! that's a great name for it
    edited May 2016
    I would like to see some giant flying creature that swoops down into the water and tries to grab you

look at one of my more recent posts, there is a skyray leviathan

gw0b1yndx54u.jpg

i just made a skyray forum. (creature idea: skyray leviathan)
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    Make more passives creatures pls.
  • KingColeKingCole Montana Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217001Members
    I'd like to see more super-sized creatures maybe have one teathered to an area so it cant cause to much trouble or make it scripted. In the concept art it shows colossal creatures of ridiculous proportions, much larger than even the sea dragon leviathan, i would love to see sonething like that.
  • ViZeShadowZViZeShadowZ Earth Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217043Members
    a hostile flying creature, it swoops down to attack you, so you have to be strategic about how you kill it
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I'd like to see something that is a bit larger than the player, but intelligent and curious. Perhaps it doesn't get too close to the player and lurks at the edges of your vision. Something that is always there, smarter than you, faster than you, stronger than you that you can never quite come to terms with. Perhaps it watches what you do and decides at some point if you're a friend or a threat to attack you and your base.

or something that is just intelligent and curious that will follow you and watch you, but not let you get close. Intelligent behaviors, communication, raising young and the like would be pretty cool.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • cptnemocptnemo Germany Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217280Members
    Hi, im new to the game! :)

I got an Idea: could you get an "connector" in to the game that connects your seabase with your Cyclops?

The thing is.. a Cyclops will never fit into a Moonpool.. so i like the idea to make it like the Entrance to your base, likely the Cyclops Entrance is already looking like a connector spot.

Pls get a Pros and Cons below me... ;)

(and sorry for this weird Grammar, im German and dont speak that much english :) )

gz. CptNemo