Update 298 Released! - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    alster wrote: »
    NS2+ should be changed to NS2beta. Beta in this meaning is possible future versions of NS2 vanilla. A whole lot more sense for everyone who are used to the term being used in other games.

A beta implies an environment where they are testing things, which often results in bugs or other glaring technical issues..

This does not fit the description of what NS2+ is by even the tiniest bit...

You seem desperate to convince people that NS2+ fits into the same category as large.. Maybe you think this will somehow prove that large belongs in the vanilla NS2 tab or something.. or maybe you just want to have NS2+ classified as a game mode so all servers will be in the modded/custom/arcade list alongside large... who knows..

The modded tab could benefit from being renamed (I like the arcade suggestion) but NS2+ will never be regarded as a separate game mode because it is not...
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited May 2016
    npstr wrote: »
    Destroyed marine buildings seem to be lying around not getting removed:

2b16110f41.jpg

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683505286

Is it a bug, is it a feature?

Why hasn't this been commented on yet by UWE unless I missed it? This looks really bad in game.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Deck_ wrote: »
    Why hasn't this been commented on yet by UWE unless I missed it? This looks really bad in game.

What do you want to hear from them? I only want to hear that it's fixed. And it'll happen when fix is out.
  • KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Deck_ you can see every bug we know about on the trello bugtracker here. That links specifically to the bug you're talking about. If you know anything more about it, like another way to reproduce it, please let us know.
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    NS2+ is a mod that is "tested" if parts of it will become part of the main game. The PDT doesn't consider it a mod anymore, so NS2beta would be more accurate. Also bugs and issues are still around.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    devel wrote: »

What do you want to hear from them? I only want to hear that it's fixed. And it'll happen when fix is out.

Well "we are working on it" is also nice
  • AliteAlite Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60188Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Why does the stupid server info screen pop up when I left click a server? Honestly I think I'd take the old server browser over this lol
    We are aware of that structures do not dissolve correctly and are working on fixing it.

This is good to know. It's one of those bugs that seems like a minor annoyance at first, but near the end of the game there are so many half dissolved models lying around that it gets extremely cluttered.
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    This is good to know. It's one of those bugs that seems like a minor annoyance at first, but near the end of the game there are so many half dissolved models lying around that it gets extremely cluttered.

But you get a taste of war a bit.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Also noticed the marine structure skeletons lying around after destruction.

Never knew that NS2 servers could be found/joined via the Steam server browser!
    @rkfg, no, not you. That's just dark.
    edited May 2016
    npstr wrote: »
    Destroyed marine buildings seem to be lying around not getting removed:
    2b16110f41.jpg

Is it a bug, is it a feature?

f56.gif
    Sorry for the late answer. But at patch days we are rather busy with trying to catch up with everything that's going on.

We are aware of that structures do not dissolve correctly and are working on fixing it.

EDIT: A hot fix gets now applied onto all servers via the UWEHotfix extension

Thanks for letting us know and fixing it. I just thought it was something that enough people would notice and want to know about. Thanks again.

The new server browser is a step in the right direction. Looks better from first glance than the old one did. Hopefully it will still get updates to it.

Edit: I think when you left click on a server, the bringing up the server details could be a good thing. It was really annoying when the server you were trying to click on would jump all over the place as the server list was populating. Which still seems to happen, but it might be good that you have an easy way to join the server you clicked on...if that was the intention. It looked weird to me at first because I wasn't use to it, but it actually might be better. It doesn't really block the server names and it goes away if you refresh again or click the exit button. You could update it so it only does that by right clicking instead of left clicking if it's annoying for people.
    @Deck.

It used to always bring up the info panel with right click.. This update just made it so that both left and right click bring it up..

There's no reason to have both clicks do the same thing.
  • PuphBallPuphBall Join Date: 2013-06-06 Member: 185488Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did we remove the ability for non-rookies to get defaulted to an "ALL" filter? In my opinion, that is 1 step forward, 1 step back in regards to the visibility of the modding scene.
  • navazkanavazka Join Date: 2015-12-08 Member: 209825Members
    The relative skill indicator in the server browser used to be helpful, it would be great to have it back.
    edited May 2016
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    @Deck.

It used to always bring up the info panel with right click.. This update just made it so that both left and right click bring it up..

There's no reason to have both clicks do the same thing.

Well maybe people don't use right click. Not sure why it was changed then. I do think the browser looks better than it did. The worst part is probably the server info information doesn't always update for me or updates really slow to see who is in a server. Also it doesn't look that great when you pull up the server info. The player info could look better.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    The worst part is probably the server info information doesn't always update for me or updates really slow to see who is in a server. Also it doesn't look that great when you pull up the server info. The player info could look better.
    The server infos are collected from the query port. Sometimes, when the server is busy, he will not answer.

• OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    Still I select Modded and Wooza doesn't show up.

I kind of hope you die of cancer. What a bunch of cowards.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Am enjoying the last few updates. Thanks for the continuing hard work!
  • NovoReiNovoRei US Join Date: 2014-11-18 Member: 199718Members
    Please make echo and its cool down faster.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    NovoRei wrote: »
    Please make echo and its cool down faster.
    Echo is one of the strongest points about shift hive. Shift hive is used in about 80% of games. I would rather see shift hive nerfed and the other hives buffed so that the starting tech is more varied.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Trollolol webs, onos nerf, bizarre pres values, continued parasite dilution and changing my favourite fade movement nuance. I'm going to back away, slowly.

Babbler eggs are more intuitive now though that's sick.

• DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm really pleased to see the HMG get added. I'm not sure how it plays in the game yet as it doesn't seem commanders have upgraded it often. Probably once people figure out where it fits in the meta, it'll probably see more use.

Any chance we will see heavy armor return? :) I know Exo suits are pretty much the replacement for NS1's heavy armor, but it would still be a cool throw-back to see :)