Console

elite_expressionelite_expression Belgium Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216662Members
This will probably be in the wrong thread but I want to know if there are plans to port Subnautica to consoles. I love the game and I would see it do well on consoles

Comments

• DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    yes.If i'm not wrong,they are currently working on a Xbox version of Subnautica.Maybe if it does well on Xbox,they might make other versions,Although it isn't very likely to happen.Recently,they have been trying to make it so the game is compatible with Xbox.For example,they removed dynamic terrain and terraforming so Xbox can actually run the game without crapping out.
  • elite_expressionelite_expression Belgium Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216662Members
    Yes of course the game will have to be downgraded significantly in order to make it work on consoles, but I believe in them to make a great port
  • PeppocanettaPeppocanetta Italy Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215150Members
    edited May 2016
    Yes of course the game will have to be downgraded significantly in order to make it work on consoles, but I believe in them to make a great port

Wrong wrong and wrong it wont be downgraded! Yes X1 doesnt work as well as a 3000€/$ PC but SN will run well on X1!!
  • MurpfullMurpfull Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216640Members
    The prerelease might be released on the 17th this month.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I'm hoping for an eventual ps version...if is compatible with the psvr coming in October that would be the cheapest way for me to play subnautica in vr...I could get a ps4 and psvr for much less than a new laptop and rift
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Consoles are cancer...
    edited May 2016
    They are not cancer. They open up some great gaming to people who can't afford nice gaming rigs.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Consoles are cancer...

Someone tell this guy shut the **** up
    I did, but nicely.. B)
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    yomama wrote: »
    They are not cancer. They open up some great gaming to people who can't afford nice gaming rigs.

Console gaming is only a cheaper alternative for someone who already owns a tv. When you factor in that and maybe even a couch, it's really not that much less expensive, if at all.
    Console gaming is WAY more expensive. Consoles cost more than low to mid range PC's that can run plenty of games, all of the games cost way more, you need a TV, which is also expensive, and if you want new games, you need to buy whatever new expensive console every few years, where as with a PC you can usually buy a 70$ new graphics card that will let you run whatever new game.

And console games get WAY few updates, are usually not as good, and miss a number of whole game types. RTS games, for example, are pretty much totally absent from consoles.
  • WarViperWarViper Texas Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216062Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Console gaming is WAY more expensive. Consoles cost more than low to mid range PC's that can run plenty of games, all of the games cost way more, you need a TV, which is also expensive, and if you want new games, you need to buy whatever new expensive console every few years, where as with a PC you can usually buy a 70$ new graphics card that will let you run whatever new game.

And console games get WAY few updates, are usually not as good, and miss a number of whole game types. RTS games, for example, are pretty much totally absent from consoles.

I'm an equal opportunity gamer and this is just false. Console has many benefits over PC. Easy of use for one and I often enjoy playing my xbox much more than my PC. It has tons of support and xbox live is very solid service. I rarely ever see hackers and games these days receive just as many updates on console as they do on PC. Most people already have a TV and a couch so that argument is kind of moot. For a PC you need a chair and table, monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers or headphones. Also there is no $70 graphics card that is going to match a current gen console in performance so get that idea out of your head. Surprisingly most games these days run better on consoles unless you have a high end PC with tons of power to overcome the poor optimization problems.
    A 70$ card may not match whatever new super expensive console just came out, but it will still play all but the most demanding games just fine. And if you wait 6 months or so, then a graphics card that matches that console will be 70$ if you look around for a good price a bit. Also, the point about chairs tables, and keyboards is just silly. Should I factor the cost of a couch and snacks into console gaming?

Also, in what way are consoles easy to use? You know what the easiest way to spot someone who is using a console is? In any game, they walk in little circles all the time, because their controllers are so clumsy.
    Most people don't upgrade their pc components...And also most people already have a tv...and a couch. Consoles are extremely simple to use, where pc gaming takes a bit more tech savvy, although it's now easier by far than it used to be. For households with kids it's far more convenient to keep the kids off the computer and have then do their gaming on a console. There are some areas where a console makes a lot of sense...and by the way, pc sales are way down where ps4 and xbox are doing fine.

Having said all that...on a console you'll never see ANYTHING like the big sales on Steam! I agree that pc gaming offers way more than either console, and with the steam big picture, link and controller, pc gaming is finally able to move to the couch which is a good thing.

I see your points, but at the same time it's also true that people have different needs and desires, especially true in gaming.

I know many truckers who have consoles, with a small tv mounted in the truck. I have no interest in doing that, so I'm stuck paying top $ for a nice laptop. I've thought of a small case build using ssd, no moving parts but I'd still be stuck with a fairly small display same as the console. I'm interested in the ps4 only if their attempt at vr doesn't suck, and then I'd only be buying vr games. The oculus is really interesting, but I wonder if it would work in my very small space...vive I think absolutely would not work because it needs more open space even for seated games.
  • elite_expressionelite_expression Belgium Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216662Members
    This isn't a pc vs ps topic you guys, keep the peace
    Other than the guy who said consoles are cancer, it's been peaceful...there's room for both platforms and the more people buying subnautica the better
    Hey, I have no problem with anyone here, just with consoles.

You see, a console took my best friend once :'( .
    LOL. I try to lure my son to the dark side and get him to let go of the ps4, but he just won't do it. Ironically, if subnautica comes to ps4 and psvr is decent, I would buy a ps4 JUST TO PLAY SUBNAUTICA IN VR IN MY TRUCK!