EXOSUIT MODEL ADDED

AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
The exosuit model has been added, along with some new furniture and a FEW (3 I think?) upgrades for the said exosuit. It CAN dock in the moonpool but I still need to check with the cyclops! Hype!!!!!!!!!!! (It is in experimental of course)

Comments

• After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    Thank you for this information. Its in the Aurora or you've to spawn it?
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    You have to spawn it, after you get out of it you need to get into a seamoth because it glitches your tool bar. It can dock in cyclops but its top part kinda glitches through. The animations for it are actually the seamoths (for docking and what not)
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    You have to spawn it, after you get out of it you need to get into a seamoth because it glitches your tool bar. It can dock in cyclops but its top part kinda glitches through. The animations for it are actually the seamoths (for docking and what not)

Thank you...
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    A new toy to play with...
    edited May 2016
    The Exosuit has a base depth of 1,500 meters. The 3 upgrades are the drill arm (which as far as I'm aware does not work.) A thermal reactor so if your close to heat it recharges (kinda confirms this is for high heat and pressure zones) and a jump jet upgrade. Jump jets do not work on land.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Sounds basically cool.

My only concern is that the ExoSuit might place too much reliance on jump-jets for vertical motion.

No point having a virtual underwater tank that can't make its way out of a deep gully or back into the Cyclops after a deepwater drop. Best to make its handling similar to a Seamoth (without the gut-wrenching visual lag, thanks) with ascent and descent controlled by Space Bar and 'C' keys.

The jump jet would see better use as a speed-boost for leaping over charging beasties and such.
    edited May 2016
    Sounds basically cool.

My only concern is that the ExoSuit might place too much reliance on jump-jets for vertical motion.

No point having a virtual underwater tank that can't make its way out of a deep gully or back into the Cyclops after a deepwater drop. Best to make its handling similar to a Seamoth (without the gut-wrenching visual lag, thanks) with ascent and descent controlled by Space Bar and 'C' keys.

The jump jet would see better use as a speed-boost for leaping over charging beasties and such.
    Mhm, I tried out the Exosuit and getting it out of giant pits is difficult. (Like the giant pit to the inactive lava zone underneath the crash zone.) Also, I feel like it moves way to quickly. They also added shelves, a trash can, a lab trash can, a vending machine, a bar table, and a lab counter. All I've seen so far.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    The Exosuit has a base depth of 1,500 meters. The 3 upgrades are the drill arm (which as far as I'm aware does not work.) A thermal reactor so if your close to heat it recharges (kinda confirms this is for high heat and pressure zones) and a jump jet upgrade. Jump jets do not work on land.

Actually according to Trello, the Exosuit will have a base depth of 900 meters with a depth upgrade to 1500 meters. Not sure about the drill arm being an upgrade or not. There are 4 known upgrades, the Thermal Reactor, Jump Jet, Depth upgrade, and Inventory Expansion.
    Actually according to Trello, the Exosuit will have a base depth of 900 meters with a depth upgrade to 1500 meters. Not sure about the drill arm being an upgrade or not. There are 4 known upgrades, the Thermal Reactor, Jump Jet, Depth upgrade, and Inventory Expansion.
    Odd, when I spawned a few they all said 1500. The drill arm upgrade doesnt do anything..... all it really is at the moment is a different function and model seamoth.
    Odd, when I spawned a few they all said 1500. The drill arm upgrade doesnt do anything..... all it really is at the moment is a different function and model seamoth.

It is set for 1500 meters, but the intention is for the base depth to be 900 meters. It is probably to allow us to go to the deeper parts in an Exosuit without having to wait for the upgrades to be finished.

This is everything that is completed for the Exosuit according to the Trello card:

-refactor into vehicle to allow exo docking and upgrades
    -jump jet upgrade module
    -1234 to select upgrade slot
    -same ui as seamoth for installing upgrades
    -900 default max depth
    -1500 with depth upgrade
    -upgrade console menu update

And here is everything left to do for the Exosuit:

-exosuit docking animation / sound
    -foot step FX on ground
    -foot step sounds on ground
    -exo inventory expansion module
    -thermal reactor module
    -drill arm
    -claw arm
    -left mouse button to toggle/use upgrade (left arm deactivated while upgrade selected)
    -toggle lights on and off with tab on all vehicles
    -exosuit construction

As you can see, the drill arm and claw arm are not finished yet. Although, using tab to turn the lights on and off for all vehicles hinders the possibility of using our PDA in our Seamoth or Exosuit.
    Huh, didn't know you could hit tab to turn the lights off and on. Also, you can dock it at moonpools and cyclops but it uses the seamoth code and looks like its holding a seamoth, so the animations are really weird. The top part of the Exosuit sticks up through the glass on the cyclops.
    Huh, didn't know you could hit tab to turn the lights off and on. Also, you can dock it at moonpools and cyclops but it uses the seamoth code and looks like its holding a seamoth, so the animations are really weird. The top part of the Exosuit sticks up through the glass on the cyclops.

It is not implemented yet. With the Exosuit, they can't use right-click to turn the lights on and off since that should be for using the drilling arm. With the Seamoth, it would be better to fire torpedoes with right-click instead of pressing a number. Of course, L would be a better way to turn the lights on and off since we are used to Tab being used for opening up the PDA.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    Of course, L would be a better way to turn the lights on and off since we are used to Tab being used for opening up the PDA.

And because WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE THE PDA WHILE IN THE SEAMOTH / EXOSUIT!
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    I'd say the PDA should be "docked" in the Seamoth and Exosuit so that it could be accessed
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Finally got to play with the exosuit...way better than it was, but still a work in progress! Probably won't let you dock both it and the seamoth in the cyclops even when finished...