'AURORA FALLS' - A Subnautica story.

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    This is too easy. They're probably going to get a nasty surprise in the executive accommodation unit. I wonder what the fate of the Torgalijin personnel will be since Selkirk wants to spare them... send them back to the Sol system?
  • Tmart94Tmart94 u.s Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216043Members
    "Mischief managed" I'm slowly seeing the person You are. love the story
    Also I thought "ní háo" was mandarin?
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    trident trident trident trident trident
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    This place has terrible security....
  • fangfatherhunterfangfatherhunter england Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216369Members
    by the way bugzapper do you have a youtube channel
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited May 2016
    sayerulz wrote: »
    This place has terrible security....

To be fair, they've had that base down there for a long time and they're not used to anything exciting happening. They might not even have noticed De Ruyter's arrival and destruction. Then a group of heavily armed, camouflaged exosuits came out of nowhere and started to sedate everyone once their perimeter security was compromised. The security was probably a lot better back when the Warpers were attacking them.
    Yes, but why was the bloody AIR SUPPLY not behind a million deadlocked blast doors?
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    the sea emporer warps the entire torjalin crew into space
    I wonder what the thing early ascessers will get
  • GalacaticSurvivorGalacaticSurvivor NY, United States Join Date: 2016-02-12 Member: 212919Members
    edited May 2016
    I wonder what the thing early ascessers will get
    If you mean those who got the game early access, we get a cute fish. It's on the devs roadmap trello page.
    https://trello.com/c/ZUPgDPKm/122-cute-fish-for-people-who-bought-before-v1-0
    Now please stop spamming things irrelevant to the story, if you will.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited May 2016
    Yes, but why was the bloody AIR SUPPLY not behind a million deadlocked blast doors?

You're 1,200 metres down. If you actually live in this base, you're not going to be messing with your only air supply. Trust me.
    Most commercial and industrial A/C plants are only protected with a standard Yale lock, if at all. Might be a little harder to get in if the plant serves a bank's data centre, or is on a military base or something similar.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016
    Bugzapper wrote: »

You're 1,200 metres down. If you actually live in this base, you're not going to be messing with your only air supply. Trust me.
    Most commercial and industrial A/C plants are only protected with a standard Yale lock, if at all. Might be a little harder to get in if the plant serves a bank's data centre, or is on a military base or something similar.

I'd say a Torgaljin base guarding a godlike sea monster under their thumb qualifies as high security.

But they're the villains with clearly no regard for life (Tomar, case and point), so I wouldn't be surprised if Life-Support would be low on (if not off) their priority list.
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    I'd say a Torgaljin base guarding a godlike sea monster under their thumb qualifies as high security.

'Security': An entirely subjective and somewhat misleading term, particularly when JUNO and chums can hip-check your base's hopelessly obsolete AI through the nearest firewall.

If you absolutely must maintain the illusion of security, you're probably better off with a fluffy blue flannel 'Woobie'.

edited May 2016
    It sounds like Torgalijin is using the Sea Emperor to create bioweapons. Having kept a mantis shrimp before, I can only imagine the destruction these enhanced rock punchers are capable of. Maybe try blocking (Or hijacking) the signal used to control them?

'Security': An entirely subjective and somewhat misleading term, particularly when JUNO and chums can hip-check your base's hopelessly obsolete AI through the nearest firewall.

If you absolutely must maintain the illusion of security, you're probably better off with a fluffy blue flannel 'Woobie'.

As I said, should have used deadlocked doors. And of course, an outdated computer system with poor security is a bad security decision in itelf.
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    are these things the 'aliens'?
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    Sounds like they are Rock Punchers, with genetic and cybernetic implants so Torgaljin can control them.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Rock_Puncher
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members

As I said, should have used deadlocked doors. And of course, an outdated computer system with poor security is a bad security decision in itelf.

Torgaljin sounds like a greedy company, and greed tends to lead one to make bad decisions. Ignoring that, they've been stuck on this planet longer than Selkirk, so it's no surprise that their security systems are outdated.
    But deadlocked doors are the second security system ever invented, after heavy blunt objects...
    edited May 2016
    But deadlocked doors are the second security system ever invented, after heavy blunt objects...

Picky-picky, @sayerulz .
    Ever wondered what a futuristic weapon like a Gauss cannon could do to a deadlocked door, no matter how sturdy?

Incidentally, Phoenix223 completely nailed it. The base's security systems and AI are totally obsolete.

Picky-picky, @sayerulz .
    Ever wondered what a futuristic weapon like a Gauss cannon could do to a deadlocked door, no matter how sturdy?

Incidentally, Phoenix223 completely nailed it. The base's security systems and AI are totally obsolete.

I suppose that reflects the issue I see with most modern militaries: everyone is making new weapons, but they have all been able to kill everyone else with a single shot for ages, with no decent defences against them, meaning it boils down to who shoots first, wether the gun is ten days old or ten years.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    I mean, I don't think upgraded and very high security would be worth the money in Torgaljin's eyes. They are a few thousand metres below sea level on an unexplored alien world that not a lot of people know about, and if people do come lurching to the planet its likely that the warpers will just fill their ships reactors with a few gallons of seawater. So I think you would be relatively safe. Who would expect a fleet of cyclops and 4 heavily armed exo-suits to be knocking at their door.