Game mode segregation in the server browser

13»

Comments

• StardogStardog Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32448Members
    Oh, I thought the game had died. I didn't even notice it had selected the NS2 tab only, and it took me a second to even find those tabs.

Jeez. Just have a pop-up - "This is a custom game mode, do you still wish to join?".
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    And again Tinki, your argument is pointless cause the game has lost more players one year ago.
    So i cant see "the proof" here.
    The 42 slot server is up and people playing on it:
    http://ns2servers.devicenull.org/servers/1750031/85.195.247.117:27015
    This looks everything else than dead.

Peak playercount was still higher this April than last year April.

For me it looks more like:
    NS2 playercount doesnt drop that much during the time the 42 slot server was not up.
    But it look like everyone is interpreting the charts different and see only what they want to see.

Im sure the PDT has more neutral Data than ours based on emotions.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Someone should track down all these players that left NS2 (if that is even possible) and ask what's the main reason why they left and settle all of this once and for all lol.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    dePARA wrote: »
    And again Tinki, your argument is pointless cause the game has lost more players one year ago.
    So i cant see "the proof" here.
    The 42 slot server is up and people playing on it:
    http://ns2servers.devicenull.org/servers/1750031/85.195.247.117:27015
    This looks everything else than dead.
    You forgot Hamster Wheel, which has been dead since 294.

We are also 50 players down on average since 294. Hmmm... 1+1=?

That's 1/6 of our community.

The extensive analysis I gave in the previous thread shows clearly what has happened.

Why am I even responding?

@Martigen
    Im sure you responding cause you have more psychological tricks in the pipeline to disguise your oppinions as facts.

So if someone is against NS2large hes against NS2 now, this is hillarious.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Someone should track down all these players that left NS2 (if that is even possible) and ask what's the main reason why they left and settle all of this once and for all lol.

Here they are mate
    pk4dvvnn4mwd.gif
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I am sinking this thread as it's devolved into mud slinging over who killed NS2 and is entirely devoid of anything constructive anymore.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't believe the propaganda.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I just have to mention that the NS2 large community isn't quite as "huge" as some are making it seem..

I have never in all my time of NS2 seen more than 3 large servers populated at one time.. Compared to more than two dozen populated small servers in the list with them.

It's quite clear that the vast majority prefers 20-24 count servers even above smaller 12-18 count...

The NS2large community may be big.. But it's not "huge" by any stretch of the word.

All this has really done is clearly differentiate the game modes, something that should've been done a very long time ago. You people are acting like they don't show under the "all" tab and/or players need to input secret console commands to make modded servers show.

I bet there's a large server up and running near full capacity right now.
  • babypoobabypoo Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183926Members
    Ah well. its kinda sad now.

Nobody are joining the large servers now compared to two weeks ago.

There are large servers and its NEVER at full capacity
  • babypoobabypoo Join Date: 2013-03-13 Member: 183926Members
    More like the game has gone to shit now because of the changes
    edited May 2016
    @wooza
    All your points except "people join cause they want to play 24+" fits for every other server.
    So stop tellling us these points are somewhat special.
    wooza wrote: »
    There is many more scenarios of joining a 24+ server.
    Here is one for you:
    - New players want to play, dont want to wait for seeding and joining the 1st server with an free slot (and complaining about clientperformance and balance after that)

The argument that a ns2large server empty much faster than normal ones is hillarious btw.

But is kinda interisting that you say your community is small after telling us in countless threads how huge it is.
    we lived by those random joes that joined the servers.
    And here you have the answer for the last changes. Cause most of your "random joes" where rookies dondt know anything about the game. And cause the nature of your server (the chance of free slot is much higher than on small ones) they joining your server.
    Also the argument that NS2large is the new standard is pointless after your comment.
    How can something based on random rookies be the standard way to play?
    Most players dont know what is awaiting them after they joined your server.
    The shadow side is that they empty much faster as soon as many people leave the server or the amount of people is not that high to make a difference between ns2 and ns2large.

So above you told us that most players are randoms with different reasons for joining and here you tell us, that most play there cause the slotammount.?
    Even you must see this makes no sense.
    Im sure most of them leave cause they had a horrible experience.

But im sure you asking everyone before they are pressing the disconnect button why they want todo this.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members

Like every other server, Woozas lives by random people joining the server.

we lived by those random joes that joined the servers. We don't force them to join our community as some others would do...

If anything having large in the NS2 list is an attempt to mislead or "force" people into large... Since it is a modded game mode that plays nothing like vanilla NS2.

What I find interesting is how you are saying here that your server lives by sucking up unsuspecting people looking for a normal NS2 game.. In the hopes that they will like your cluster**** style of gameplay...

I'd also like to point out that anyone seeking something new can easily filter all servers..
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2016
    *Snip*

Removed my own post as it's not contributing anything, just me venting.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited May 2016
    Okay I'm closing this thread now as it totally went off-top while being already sunk.

The topic of this thread was the idea behind game mode segregation.

While there were a few interesting posts about the actual topic of this thread most posts were about if NS2Large is a custom game mode or not.

To make it short per UWE's current definition it is custom game mode .
This discussion has been closed.