New creatures in game(Sea Dragon Leviathan!!Sea Emperor) 31710

Comments

• After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Just curious @After_Midnight - if you're so convinced everything is awful and is going to suck... why are you even here?
    Stupid question. Exacly this is the reason. BTW: Its not the first Early Access game for me and it will be not the first one where the great original idea falls with time, money and release pressure (sometimes console related) And don't forget: I've paid for it. The game can so much better, bigger and can add an aweful immersion and exerience to the players.
    I can't understand the community here going crazy for a baby sea emperor and other stuff like a doubled biome instead of something new. Please have a look to the artworks of the game (this was for me one of the main reason to buy it and support the developers. Also with the risk of Early Access) and than have a look in game. You can tell me what you want but I see very big differences.

And its by the customers to make the game successful. And when Subnautica will go on this way of player restrictions, small sizing, half-hearted implemented ideas and console related restrictions I will not recommend any of my friends to buy the game.

Now I hope you get me
    Its not the first time I hear stuff like that. I don't think that feedback of gamers of your game will change your road-map and plans. Its like always in Early Access. Its submit the gamer can be a part of the development. NOT true. If not the whole community will want changes there will be no changes. If you like I can give you an example to prove this statement of mine. But its a shame in my eyes to waste the great potential of the game. And also I don't think as open you're trying to be no one here has expected downsizing in this extreme kind and is really happy about it.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    edited April 2016
    so just sit back, relax, and trust that the devs will deliver like they have multiple times before. Keep up the great work @Obraxis

Thats not possible because the concept of the devs in the last time was more than once really disappointed for me. In what I should trust? The game is far away of its possibilities. And it will be never close to the concept of Subnautica. The whole game world is to small for this. They will have to scale the player and all player related stuff ten times smaller to create the immersion of the concept artwork.
    I'll tell you in what you can trust: The final game will be just a small part of the original concept. Early Access or not. It will never get the immersion what the devs have provided and what I've expected.

There's no way you can say any of that about an unfinished game. The game is far away of its possibilities? It will never be close to the concept? It will be just a small part of the original concept? Again, how could you possibly know that when the game isn't even finished? We are still 4-5 months away from release if not more. A lot can happen.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    so just sit back, relax, and trust that the devs will deliver like they have multiple times before. Keep up the great work @Obraxis

Thats not possible because the concept of the devs in the last time was more than once really disappointed for me. In what I should trust? The game is far away of its possibilities. And it will be never close to the concept of Subnautica. The whole game world is to small for this. They will have to scale the player and all player related stuff ten times smaller to create the immersion of the concept artwork.
    I'll tell you in what you can trust: The final game will be just a small part of the original concept. Early Access or not. It will never get the immersion what the devs have provided and what I've expected.

There's no way you can say any of that about an unfinished game. The game is far away of its possibilities? It will never be close to the concept? It will be just a small part of the original concept? Again, how could you possibly know that when the game isn't even finished? We are still 4-5 months away from release if not more. A lot can happen.

Not to mention that the release will be version 1.0 that doesn't mean they won't add more to it after the release to expand it. All I can say @After_Midnight is that if you're just going to act entitled and pissy because they aren't tailoring the game to your wants, even though they have brought us a wonderful game so far and are still improving it, then why do you stay here? Why are you still playing the game? None of us are freaking out because the rock puncher might not be in, or the terraformer is being booted. Sure we're a little upset but we want the game to run smoothly just like the devs want. I myself have a beauty in the concepts that I would love to have.070fq5y68qqx.jpg
    Isn't she a beauty, but she's not likely to be in since there's no need for her. If I could have whatever I wanted in the game it would be this, but I don't want to take away from more important things like story, gameplay, easier to code objects, etc. At the least I'd want to find a decimated wreck of one to find some cool gadgets but that's it. My point is this, if you're gonna complain and act entitled then leave, otherwise stay and be grateful for what we have been given.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    gondamxxxx wrote: »
    *Creatures*

Hmm... guess I'm going to need more Large Aquariums...

Why Subnautica is awesome:

1. Amazing Biomes.
    2. Incredible Flora and Fauna, nearly all farmable.
    3. Farming; I can grow nearly every plant currently in the game in indoor and outdoor gardens, literally making my own 'Biome' in the Safe Shallows.
    4. Large Aquariums; I adore these! I can have li'l baby Stalkers, Gasopods, Jelly Rays, Rabbit Rays, etc. ... ... ... EEEEEEE! And I can maintain my own Food Supply.
    5A. Minimal impact on the Biomes once I'm 'established' and have my food/water farms going.
    6. Finally a game where - no matter what people whine about weapons - violence isn't seen as a real option!
    7. The incredible technology. I can Fabricate nearly anything I want so long as I can get the resources. I can make vehicles from thin air. I can hold enemies with a Stasis Rifle. I can descent 3000 meters down in an incredible submarine, and zip about in a Seamoth that barely runs out of power, now.
    8. Solar Power that works.
    9. Tiny updates to experimental driving me nuts because I dunno what's in them...!!!
    10. The thought of what this game is gonna look like when polished ... read: AWESOME!
    11. Befriend Stalker with Peepers...!
    12. The fact I wish I could hatch a baby Reaper Leviathan, but can't but want to but CAN'T!!!
    13. Lost River creeps me out, though I haven't even found it.
    14. The idea of 'precursor' bases, not the abandoned bases that look like ours but rusted out -- truly old things that have been here longer than we've been on the planet.
    15. The thought of freeing the Sea Emperor, that he may be peaceful; something so very ancient, gentle, wise imprisoned... :(
    16. ... more I haven't thought of, yet???
    My only 'problem' with the Game at the moment is that the Stalkers just go about eating everything! Their behaviour with this really does need to be looked at, or toned down a touch, because they just deplete the Shallows of all the small fish. My base is beautiful but there's no life about - aside from the fish I have in my tanks - because of this problem.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    There is a big difference between what some of our players 'think' the game is and will be, and what we're designing. We've tried to be as open as possible, showing our entire development process and road-map, so people will not be disappointed or expect to get something they wont.

I think @After_Midnight may have their own ideas for the game, but ones we've not put forward. In that case, it may disappoint you based on those ideas, but we do have our own plan for the game and it's one we're excited about.

If there's one critique I have of the early access, its more that the closer to release we get, the fewer mechanics and content patches we get. Could be just confirmation bias but no.
    edited April 2016
    @ Obraxis: maybe you will have a look on your own game trailer here:
    and than tell me more about raise wrong expectations. I'm not alone with this. Maybe you can watch some videos on YT about the biggest creatures in Subnautica or have a look on the steam forum. Of course you will create expectation with artwork stuff and the Early Access trailer for examples.

@crane476: please read the post of Obraxis and than you'll find your answer.

To all others here:
    I'm not here to find new friends or have a fanboy smalltalk with a cup of salt water and like every comment of the admins.
    I'm here to be critical. This was a missing point for me in this forum since I bought the game.

I really like the basic idea (so I've understand the game) of a huge open underwater game with the free decision how to explore and play the game. With awesome very huge creatures. I also like the point that the players not considered how I kill this creature but how do I survive here without the opportunity to create powerful weapons.

But like Obraxis said: This game will be not Subnautica. And this is disappointing. IMHO the game should be a bit closer to the Subnautica in the trailer or artwork.
    Not the Cyclops should be be biggest swimming thing.

Also I think to add a linear main story will not help to create immersion rather the opposite.

To be clear: I don't want a game developed for me. And of course i'm not an investor of the game. I'm a costumer. The real investors wants the money back. From you and me. From the costumers. Fast and much as possible.

If you don't like guys like me here in this forum you can ban me. It does no matter.

• iSmartManiSmartMan Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215884Members
    edited April 2016
    Criticism is fine, but you don't have to be so condescending and rude in how you present it. As you can see, when you are those things, then no one will listen.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I can't understand the community here.
    Stupid question.
    I'm here to be critical.
    I will not recommend any of my friends to buy the game.

Oh noes!!! Certain doom!

Keep it up, posts like yours are hilarious. :D
    edited April 2016
    Klinn wrote: »
    I can't understand the community here.
    Stupid question.
    I'm here to be critical.
    I will not recommend any of my friends to buy the game.

Oh noes!!! Certain doom!

Keep it up, posts like yours are hilarious. :D

Thank you for another prove mate. Thank you a lot. Hilarious to quote me out of content. Great work Homer. You're the man...

• ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    and than tell me more about raise wrong expectations. I'm not alone with this. Maybe you can watch some videos on YT about the biggest creatures in Subnautica or have a look on the steam forum. Of course you will create expectation with artwork stuff and the Early Access trailer for examples.

Seeing as I was the one who actually edited that trailer, I'm well aware of what it contains. You'll also see that it's an Early Access announcement trailer. We are entitled to change things, as we see fit to make the game better as we develop the game over the years it's been in development.
    But like Obraxis said: This game will be not Subnautica.

No, I never said that. You are completely misquoting me. Our game will be Subnautica, because we as the developers of the game get to decide what the game is. The game is whatever we call 1.0 when finished. Until then, we're still under heavy development and it's subject to change. It even states this on the Steam purchase page you purchased it through. If you were not expecting a game under development with changes, then I recommend you purchase games when they are finished in future, to avoid disappointment.
    And this is disappointing. IMHO the game should be a bit closer to the Subnautica in the trailer or artwork.

The teaser trailer was a pure CG pre-rendered trailer using ideas and thoughts from before we had a fully fleshed out story and world years ago. It's changed a lot since then, but we've kept a lot of it very similar to the teaser trailer. But I mean, it's a teaser trailer for an Early Access game. I don't think i need to explain that further.
    To be clear: I don't want a game developed for me.

We're making the game for ourselves first, and customers second. You can only truly make a great game if you love what you're working on. Thankfully, we are all very passionate about the game, it's story, and where it's going. We hope others and our customers do as well, and for the most part, they seem to appreciate it and how open we've been. Sorry we are not making the game you want us to, but as game developers, that's our prerogative.
    If you don't like guys like me here in this forum you can ban me. It does no matter.

We wont ban you or remove your posts for having a negative opinion of our game, but we don't appreciate attitude towards ourselves or others on this forum. We can't please everyone, and I'm sorry you don't like the way we're going. Hopefully if you come back nearer 1.0 when we're finished, you'll see a game that you'll enjoy.

Well said, it's a shame that a thread about the amazing creatures added into the game turned as toxic as many fandoms become
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members

Seeing as I was the one who actually edited that trailer, I'm well aware of what it contains. You'll also see that it's an Early Access announcement trailer. We are entitled to change things, as we see fit to make the game better as we develop the game over the years it's been in development.
    But like Obraxis said: This game will be not Subnautica.

No, I never said that. You are completely misquoting me. Our game will be Subnautica, because we as the developers of the game get to decide what the game is. The game is whatever we call 1.0 when finished. Until then, we're still under heavy development and it's subject to change. It even states this on the Steam purchase page you purchased it through. If you were not expecting a game under development with changes, then I recommend you purchase games when they are finished in future, to avoid disappointment.
    And this is disappointing. IMHO the game should be a bit closer to the Subnautica in the trailer or artwork.

The teaser trailer was a pure CG pre-rendered trailer using ideas and thoughts from before we had a fully fleshed out story and world years ago. It's changed a lot since then, but we've kept a lot of it very similar to the teaser trailer. But I mean, it's a teaser trailer for an Early Access game. I don't think i need to explain that further.
    To be clear: I don't want a game developed for me.

We're making the game for ourselves first, and customers second. You can only truly make a great game if you love what you're working on. Thankfully, we are all very passionate about the game, it's story, and where it's going. We hope others and our customers do as well, and for the most part, they seem to appreciate it and how open we've been. Sorry we are not making the game you want us to, but as game developers, that's our prerogative.

We wont ban you or remove your posts for having a negative opinion of our game, but we don't appreciate attitude towards ourselves or others on this forum. We can't please everyone, and I'm sorry you don't like the way we're going. Hopefully if you come back nearer 1.0 when we're finished, you'll see a game that you'll enjoy.

Respect for you guys: +1000
    I've seen devs that get very testy when faced with unsatisfied customers. I like how you keep your cool and remain completely professional.
    I don't care what the Devs add or remove, though I might be a little disappointed about some thing or other. As far as I'm concerned they're right, it's their game, not ours. We can give critique, comments, suggestions, etc. but the Devs don't have to listen to any of it. We ought to be extremely grateful that they even take the time to come here and talk to us occasionally. But some people are just so entitled... it's sad.

The people of the world become more like squabbling YouTube Commenters every day.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    edited April 2016
    Please stop making Mr. Obraxis mad. If I were a developer I would totally troll people like you that are making such a big deal out of this and make the SE the size of a peeper and call it done as a temporary payback.
    Please stop making Mr. Obraxis mad. If I were a developer I would totally troll people like you that are making such a big deal out of this and make the SE the size of a peeper and call it done as a temporary payback.

Also since people like him moaned about airtanks in a similar fashion, make the airtanks a negative, have them slow you down to a snails crawl and lower your maximum air capacity

Also since people like him moaned about airtanks in a similar fashion, make the airtanks a negative, have them slow you down to a snails crawl and lower your maximum air capacity

I'm so sorry for you: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141809/those-who-whine-about-not-having-enough-oxygen#latest
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited April 2016
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Just curious @After_Midnight - if you're so convinced everything is awful and is going to suck... why are you even here?
    Stupid question. Exacly this is the reason. BTW: Its not the first Early Access game for me and it will be not the first one where the great original idea falls with time, money and release pressure (sometimes console related) And don't forget: I've paid for it. The game can so much better, bigger and can add an aweful immersion and exerience to the players.
    I can't understand the community here going crazy for a baby sea emperor and other stuff like a doubled biome instead of something new. Please have a look to the artworks of the game (this was for me one of the main reason to buy it and support the developers. Also with the risk of Early Access) and than have a look in game. You can tell me what you want but I see very big differences.

And its by the customers to make the game successful. And when Subnautica will go on this way of player restrictions, small sizing, half-hearted implemented ideas and console related restrictions I will not recommend any of my friends to buy the game.

Now I hope you get me

I really don't. You seem to be putting effort into lobbying for change, yet at the same time already convinced that it's pointless and the game is unsavable. Which makes me seriously wonder why you bother - a question I asked and you haven't really answered. Furthermore, you're arguing this point with a bunch of people who are perfectly happy with the direction the game is going - essentially you're attending a PETA meeting to tell them how much you love your new fur coat, which is rude and disrespectful at best. Basically you're this guy;
    76a187d0b0ed012f2fef00163e41dd5b
    You can take it for an answer to your question or not. Your decision. You've ask me why I don't leave this forum here when I'm not happy with the game atm. When anyone act like you've proposed, leave the community without any comment about opinions and disappointings (ok you're right at the point of rude and disrespectful) what will be the sense of this forum?
  • iSmartManiSmartMan Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215884Members
    You can take it for an answer to your question or not. Your decision. You've ask me why I don't leave this forum here when I'm not happy with the game atm. When anyone act like you've proposed, leave the community without any comment about opinions and disappointings (ok you're right at the point of rude and disrespectful) what will be the sense of this forum?

I think they were asking why you didn't leave after presenting your opinions and disappointments, and instead stuck around to be rude and condescending.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    It's not even that - it's that he apparently (based on the things he's posted) believes that stating his case will be ignored and accomplish nothing, and yet he still bothers to not only state it, but stick around to defend it. I want to know why, if he believes himself to be on a sinking ship with no hope of repair, that he's not floating away on the lifeboat yet? You don't waste time while the ship is going down to rage at the iceberg.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    070fq5y68qqx.jpg
    Isn't she a beauty...

Off topic, but that is some sexy submersible right there.
    070fq5y68qqx.jpg
    Isn't she a beauty...

Off topic, but that is some sexy submersible right there.

Of course, I merely used it as an example of not getting all of the concepts that we want
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Some advice for Gremlins: Don't feed After Midnight.