Would love to have regular news on Xbox One version progress

Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
edited April 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
I think that we should have more details about how it is going

Comments

• sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members
    I think that we should have more details about how it is going

Pretty much sums it up.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    They're just a bit too silent about their progress. "Soon, soon! Yeah soon but this makes two weeks that it is coming soon without other information..." and I remember Hugh, a long time ago, saying "it sucks when you don't have informations about a game"....

but hey, no hate, I love Subnautica
    Obraxis wrote: »
    soon-quote-7.jpg

A sloth. You're just trying to make me angry lol.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    edited April 2016
    Well played B)
    >:)>:)
    Now i will pull informations from this sloth
    :wink:
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited April 2016
    No fair using the Sloth card.
    They are too cute.
    Next you'll use the cute kitten, hang on Fridays coming poster right. hehe
  • TouchedChimpTouchedChimp Colorado Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215132Members
    So using Trello I think I know a little more about the release. I read it seems to be coming mid may. It looks like they had been trying for 4/20(haha). My excitement is high if this news if correct. Love the sloth.
  • PeppocanettaPeppocanetta Italy Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215150Members
    Not mid-may its too far! it's not soon ... ish!
    Here we have a loss of comunication!!! if the game hits again the release date i will stop to follow UWE studio! cause i'm extremelly annoyed about some facts! how i said in other posts its better if u dont say anything when u are not sure about the release date and the MS certification! this "soon.. ish" seems completely a joke!
    I think some news, not a release date, just a progress information , would be sufficient ;)
  • TouchedChimpTouchedChimp Colorado Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215132Members
    I think its a safe be that as they get stuff for sure it we will hear more. The xbox version seems to be getting a lot of attention so I bet they are excited for the added sales. I do agree a little info would be nice. I would love to be able to play to help them stabilize the game. (Pretty sure they got people testing it since it is on the marketplace just hidden and there was mention of tokens for test players to try it. All theoretical, I could be vey wrong in what I read, but that what I got out of the emails on trello between them and microsoft. Also where I got mid-may.)
    edited April 2016
    What do you mean by mid-way?

(Sponsored by Justin Bieber and Mtn Dew) :p
    So yesterday charlie said that they hope the release will be in May!!!! do u really think may is soon?? Guys it's not soon it's about two week again!! Furthermore he doesn't have clean ideas on this release date so i think u ll delay this release again!
    This is just regular development protocol for xbox indy devs. The equation is simple to figure out though, take the release date, add 12 months, a "soon" comment or two and divide it by the regret I didn't just buy a PC.
    I've just seen his tweet... kind of disappointed... he said "may, but no promises" to me, it's maybe even not in may....

But you know, no hate , I encourage them, maybe with that we will have a early release..
  • Tw2BrickTw2Brick Florida Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215477Members
    I must admit that I've been anxious for an Xbox version, but am now content to just get it when it's ready. So, happy coding and bug smashing to UWE and may we all be patient until that wonderful day.
  • AydenTheKillaAydenTheKilla North Carolina Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216044Members
    edited April 2016
    Charlie has been flirting with most people who start talking about Subnautica on Xbox One on twitter. Xbox One does have weaker specs, and it always seems to take developers a little bit longer to produce good quality xbox one games.

Do not forget, they want to release the game as badly as we want to play it. Unknown Worlds just doesnt want to release a buggy and slow game. We all say we want the game now but if it has too many bugs, then we will be more disappointed then waiting even another month.

I do have to say Flayra shouldnt have said April. It gave us hope and hype, and now honestly im not excited as i was before. He should do xbox one beta testing at least.
    edited April 2016
    Charlie has been flirting with most people who start talking about Subnautica on Xbox One on twitter. Xbox One does have weaker specs, and it always seems to take developers a little bit longer to produce good quality xbox one games.

Do not forget, they want to release the game as badly as we want to play it. Unknown Worlds just doesnt want to release a buggy and slow game. We all say we want the game now but if it has too many bugs, then we will be more disappointed then waiting even another month.

I do have to say Flayra shouldnt have said April. It gave us hope and hype, and now honestly im not excited as i was before. He should do xbox one beta testing at least.
    the game will come to xbox game preview!!! it's already a sort of alpha access release!! however it's fair that in my previous post i ve said they would delay the release date again and so they do!

Really i cant understand this unclear comunication and I know u take this time to make better ur game but u cant say "may, but no promises" it's unfair to your supporters! u could make us part of the game development using the game preview program! Maybe it's true that there are a lot of tones of bugs into the game but we are here to help u in this process!
    It's quite true. they could have released the game in the Game Preview Program to allow us to help them but the problem is that many people take this type of release like a full release, so they would be disappointed by a laggy game. and, we cannot really help about performance.. they are not kids, they can do their job alone... for this, we CANNOT help. trust them
    Yea I know but look at ARK! They decided to sell the game into the game preview program and it was full of bugs! But with the community they have upgraded their game very well!! I don't expect neither great graphic settings nor a not-bugged game it s an alpha release!!
    edited April 2016
    The thing is that they don't want to do like ARK... they want to release a game that runs pretty well, and with a satisfying graphic quality, so, they take a bit more time. and honestly, i prefer that. because the framerate of ARK is a thing that annoyed me, this game was my favorite ever but i am bored so i'm waiting for the final release (or a bit before) to have a well playable game

Subnautica will run well at the start, not after months of work. and this is better.
    Even an alpha game can run well. If they were asking "should we take more time to polish subnautica?" I would have answered " DO IT !!"
    How many ways are you two going to have the same conversation lol. @Peppocanetta, you're right. They shouldve waited to announce til they had what they wanted to release. Hopefully lesson learned. @Trollolol07, You're right too. Ark got alot of bad press over the rez and fps, even looked bad on xbox one itself(opinion. Calm down). Proving your point that a polished game is probably best. Let's face it, when it comes to indy devs on xbox, these guys already made their money on PC, so what do they really care what we think. There is probably more going on behind the scenes at Microsoft than we are being told about. Xbox is the one that ultimately catches flak for a game looking bad. I also think thats why we aren't seeing more preview games. I don't have anything to back any of this up, just my opinion.
    Let's just wait for our toy, like great little boys :p
    The official estimation seems to be mid may, according to a few tweets.
    I thought it was April 1st.
    I definitely hate delayings
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    soon-quote-7.jpg

Oh no, Bippity's meme-iness has infected you too!
    Guyss I really cant wait anymore!!! Hype is seriously getting me out of my mind!! could u ever release it on the 1st May?
    It's true that we're getting overhyped/annoyed.