XXL Multipurpose room, Giant Aquarium and 45° corridor and construction

MaxHessMaxHess Deep in the NW Pacific Ocean Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215773Members
I posted these in a general discussion post, then realized this is probably the better place.

Suggestion #1:
It would be great to see a very large Multipurpose Room (I call it an XXL Multipurpose Room as seen below), along with a Huge Aquarium. These would be stack-able just like the existing Multipurpose Room. The idea is pretty self explanatory and is pictured here:

bryqfzmraxon.png

Suggestion #2:
The ability to build at 45° angles off the multipurpose rooms (not just the current 90°) along with an added 45° corridor would be fantastic. Building at a 45° or diagonal would vastly increase the variety of building options, design elements and esthetics of ones undersea base. Angle construction would allow for a huge variety in large and small sea-base designs. Additionally, this diagonal construction would allow for one to build around and preserve Iconic and beautiful natural undersea fauna and terrain, and would be very alien-eco-friendly. See examples below:

br9esbv5oaie.png

What do you think, let me know below?
-MaxHess

Comments

• QuelzothQuelzoth Malaysia Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216597Members
    This would be awsome, but may be difficult to implement, as they seem to currently be using a 4-way connection system for base building. Adding 45 Degree angles into the mix would Double the number of connection ports on the multipurpose room (which is why you can only build hatches on half of the walls for that room). For the same reason, I doubt they would be able to add in the XXL multi room as you suggest it, as there would be an unusual number of walls requiring them to change to a 8-way connection system anyways (could possibly be worked around with a square room, but then wouldn't fit the aesthetic and would look odd with round aquaria in it).

Excellent ideas, but would require a rework of the base building system to implement either.
  • NikonthenetNikonthenet UK Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216680Members
    So much 'yes!' to all these ideas :D
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    Nice idea ... i post a similar on Steam ....Room to put 4 actual aquarium and/or 4 machines

Hope devs see these ideas too ;)
  • PlasmaStruckPlasmaStruck Usa Join Date: 2016-04-23 Member: 216049Members
    I want that too everything is a little cluttered and the same also what about when placing those 4 aquariums you can access a panel in the xxl rooms that allows you to merge them costing 4 glass + the tanks, then you could have a larger aquarium.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    edited May 2016
    This would be really great!

It would be neat if a giant planter was also possible.

Such a room should have real resource/structural/power requirement penalties to make it feel like an accomplishment.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I support these ideas 100%. It would be nice to be able to build larger leisure spaces like gardens or be able to make a power plant area that isn't a bunch of rooms stacked one on top of the other.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    Yeah, this is, what I want. Pls Dev's, we need that. Bigger Rooms and Bigger Watertanks, I want to have one of the Crabsquids in my Aquarium.
  • PokcoroPokcoro Australia Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214412Members
    The XXL Room is a goo idea, but I think the devs have expressly stated they didn't want anything too huge. The 45* angle is an awesome idea though! Too long have I had to link two L corridors together to get that kind of effect. The geodesic dome looks like a better option than the huge Room. I can imagine it being quite huge and fit for undersea, but it'd have to use huge amounts of a somewhat difficult resource like enameled glass and plasteel to be viable, otherwise it would be too weak to work.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    Would love to have this, because the current rooms are just a bit to small. But it should be structurally a lot weaker then the current room. Because the bigger something is the less capable it is at withstanding pressure.
    Also how about a larger connecting tube, or it could just be a long multipurpose room. Thus kinda like the moon pool but sealed, also would make connecting the XXL rooms a lot nicer looking.
  • iron_fist_organicsiron_fist_organics Pueblo Join Date: 2017-06-20 Member: 231206Members
    Mostly, if they spent a few months, after release making Subnautica Steam workshop accessible, within 6 months we'd have anything you could want. But multiplayer without a Larger Scope to the game would ruin it, by it, I mean the feel of it. The game would need random gen and a greater mission and much larger map and goal system. I love this game. The larger rooms would be easily implemented by a wonderful neckbeard that knows a few things about coding. As well as multiplayer and many of the other features. Easy mod access through workshop is the answer to all those wants. Kinda a pain, but easier than full self-implementation of the requested content, and they could do contests, where someone's mod could get sponsorship or added or put on a UWE list of fave mods.
    Whatever's clever, ya know. This Is their creative project. Whatever they want in and whatever they don't want in. It's all up to Their vision of what Subnautica is and should be. It's up to you, as the player, to explore Their vision of this incredible alien world.
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    Awesome idea with an awesome diagram.
  • Gamechanger3849Gamechanger3849 Flying an ARC-170 above Planet 4546B Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231153Members
    THIS NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED SO THAT I NO LONGER HAVE TO HAVE 200 MULTIPURPOSE ROOMS
  • StragglyMetal7StragglyMetal7 Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231954Members
    This a great idea but it would definitely give the devs a headache to implement it.
  • supertiger2340supertiger2340 Eugene OR USA Join Date: 2017-07-21 Member: 231956Members
    It has Ben agreed appon by the mighty supertiger
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    MaxHess wrote: »
    I posted these in a general discussion post, then realized this is probably the better place.

Suggestion #1:
    It would be great to see a very large Multipurpose Room (I call it an XXL Multipurpose Room as seen below), along with a Huge Aquarium. These would be stack-able just like the existing Multipurpose Room. The idea is pretty self explanatory and is pictured here:

bryqfzmraxon.png

Suggestion #2:
    The ability to build at 45° angles off the multipurpose rooms (not just the current 90°) along with an added 45° corridor would be fantastic. Building at a 45° or diagonal would vastly increase the variety of building options, design elements and esthetics of ones undersea base. Angle construction would allow for a huge variety in large and small sea-base designs. Additionally, this diagonal construction would allow for one to build around and preserve Iconic and beautiful natural undersea fauna and terrain, and would be very alien-eco-friendly. See examples below:

br9esbv5oaie.png

What do you think, let me know below?
    -MaxHess

Nice. Also, necro, but hey, maybe this needed a necro.. ;)
  • Sub_ShadowSub_Shadow Join Date: 2017-08-02 Member: 232185Members
    I like the idea of a command module. For balancing though, it would have to only display vehicles when a vehicle is docked.