Introduce F3 - "Kick kicker"

Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
I would like for when someone starts a vote to kick someone, that they appear as an F3 option which is to kick the kicker.

I see sometimes people trolling with the vote kick unnecessary or for "lol" but I think this would be a good deterrence and be funny for it to backfire on the person who started the kick.

It will be
F1 - Yes
F2 - No
F3 - Kick kicker

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    But how do we kick the kickers of the kicker?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    The solution to this problem is to play on well moderated servers. TAW and Tactical gmaer fit this category. Some other servers are bound to be well moderated also, but I don't know about them.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    On a related note, ejecting a commander and not replacing him should be a bannable offense.
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    The solution to this problem is to play on well moderated servers. TAW and Tactical gmaer fit this category. Some other servers are bound to be well moderated also, but I don't know about them.

Not every server can have an administrator or moderator on at all times. What I propose will act as a deterrence meaning it's one less thing for the admin to manage and allowing a bit of self governance.

Also since kick comes with 30 min ban, people will learn their lesson if they start a vote kick vote for no good reason and will make sure the server is supporting the vote to kick before initiating the vote.
    sotanaht wrote: »
    On a related note, ejecting a commander and not replacing him should be a bannable offense.

You would essentially be banning the whole team as it's the team that votes to eject. If they don't replace the commander then they will lose, which is punishment enough. Just speculating, but I reckon you are the person that has been ejected a few times as commander and seem to take it personally?

I've been ejected a few times to see the team also eject the commander after me also. I don't care too much, except when we lose due to a incompetent comm that follows (we would have likely won if I remained).
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2016
    (we would have likely won if I remained).

I am sorry to tell you, but if you were vote ejected, you had lost the team. If you had lost the team, they weren't going to do what you wanted. So you would have lost. Sure you might be a great comm, but once you have lost the team there is no way you can win a match. I've never heard of a comm winning a game solo before..
    edited April 2016
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    (we would have likely won if I remained).

I am sorry to tell you, but if you were vote ejected, you had lost the team. If you had lost the team, they weren't going to do what you wanted. So you would have lost. Sure you might be a great comm, but once you have lost the team there is no way you can win a match. I've never heard of a comm winning a game solo before..

Then you haven't played under my command.

People sometimes jump to conclusions which are fuelled by people with mic shouting "eject". So its not that i lose the team, but sheeps in the team eject because they panic when someone is shouting eject the commander at them.

There problem sometime is I don't do things the way players on the field want or med a person who claims they "would hve killed two gorges if you just gave me medpacks" etc. Other times (when commanding aliens) its because I still haven't spent tres at the start of the round fast enough - as if there is a fixed path commanding aliens. A funny one I got for reason to eject me was when someone went fade and asked for metab; they were the only fade, not in the top half of team score board and there were other things that I considered takes priority.

The vote to eject me has reached where only a couple more votes were needed to eject me. I stayed as commander and the team won.

My commanding is adaptive to the situation and player performance which is the best type of commander I would want as a commander. I can't please everyone, but I will do what I think is best - win or lose (rarely) I accept the outcome if I do things as I see best.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    If you didn't get vote ejected, then you hadn't lost the team, I don't see what winning when you didn't get ejected proves, other than you still had the support of your team.

If you get ejected, you don't have the support of your team. You can't win NS2 from that position.
    @Soul_Rider please keep to the topic of the thread. If you are wanting someone to talk too or seeking an argument go elsewhere. You have not said anything of value in relation to this forum thread
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought my reply, made my point. Kick the kicker is a terrible idea, and just someone wanting to get revenge because they feel aggrieved they had a kick vote against them.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    The auto-carebear option.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Not every server can have an administrator or moderator on at all times.
    FWIW, TGNS can notify you (via Steam IM or Pushbullet) when an admin is playing:

http://rr.tacticalgamer.com/Notifications (the "Server Guarded" notification)

The notifications cooldown to hinder spam, and every notification includes an unsubscribe option.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2016
    sotanaht wrote: »

An eject should result in resetting the game. (Unless game is like 10 min's in). Then it only starts when both sides have comms.
  • kaokao france Join Date: 2015-12-20 Member: 210122Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    But how do we kick the kickers of the kicker?

Alt-F4 ?
  • NoMNoM Join Date: 2015-04-13 Member: 203407Members, NS2 Playtester
    I was playing on Tactical Freedom the other day where vote kick is enabled, there was a continuous string of unjustified votekicks - some successful. If a player is too good, people just vote kicked. People generally just F1 any votekick.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    NoM wrote: »
    I was playing on Tactical Freedom the other day where vote kick is enabled, there was a continuous string of unjustified votekicks - some successful. If a player is too good, people just vote kicked. People generally just F1 any votekick.

Gosh, I wonder who they kicked... ;)

But yea that's unfortunate... :( Only happened to me once or twice though, and I took it as an honor. "Whoa... they actually think I'm hacking..." *tear rolls down cheek, so proud!*.