My suggestions - Get ready for awesomness!!

PrimozGPrimozG Slowenia Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215333Members
Hi :smile:

I know, i know, i do sound cocky... BUT! Here are my suggestions:

1.) A new biome called FLOATING SWAMP

A biome on the water surface; made out of a thick layer of algae and sea grass floating right beneath the surface blocking 90% of the sunlight that shines through. Out of the algae-sea grass layer a variety of flora can grow out of, with "fruits" that can be used for curing poisoning. Remember we are on a different planet, with unknown resources and illnesses!

So we got the flora down... Lets go to the FAUNA :smiley: So... I want to see INSECTS, i want to see SNAKES, and i want to see LAND BASED ANIMALS! Nuf said :wink:

To maneuver through this biome you can

a) Swim (rly rly slow because your feet get tangled up in the biomass all the time, with a possibility of getting dragged under water and cutting your self loose with the knife because you will drown! Or get eaten... Or both... )

b) One word... You ready? JET SKY! (Ok they are two words :wink: , but the one word is AWESOME when you think of a Jet Sky right?)

2.) A new biome created by the floating swamp: OMINOUS WOODS

The roots of the swamp biomass are reaching all the way to the ocean floor, creating a dark forest where sunlight doesn't shine through (only 10%) creating a great biome for new fauna and flora that wannt to devour you :smile: Also making a new possibility for organic based materials to craft new stuff!!! Like LURES to trap fauna, or GLUE to patch things up!

3.) More fauna and flora: because i love to grow stuff, decorate my surroundings, also add CAGES or make a ROOM for the insects like a TERRARIUM and a LARGE TERRARIUM

And now for the obvious ones:

1.) Quests

2.) Possibility of other survivors

3.) Intelligent natives

4.) A need to rest - sleep depravity (we are no robots)

5.) Illnesses and poisoning

6.) Secrets with relics of a lost culture

7.) Creatures that attack your base (Some of them come out at night, and go on a search for a little snack (YOU)

8.) Traps and other defensive stuff (for all the creatures that want to get you!)

Ok... Hope you enjoyed the read! Let me know what you think :)

Primoz (Slowenia - Europe)

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    haha i was ready for awesomeness PrimozG but this was just ..... i think my brain took an arrow to the knee ''nosebleed''

mind blown .... 'nuff said!

but seriously, jokes aside, it all looks nice and cool, maybe if they allowed mods in this game someone (or even you) could create such biomes :smiley: You've definitely got one fertile imagination! :)
  • EdisthgirbEdisthgirb NE US Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215450Members
    Ohh I really like that idea! Makes sense for a few plants that grew to breach the surface to sort of stop up bio matter like algae that's been drifting around, creating a pseudo landmass. And a great opportunity to add some more naturally occurring salvageable fruits and land-based creatures.
  • PrimozGPrimozG Slowenia Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215333Members
    Edisthgirb wrote: »
    Ohh I really like that idea! Makes sense for a few plants that grew to breach the surface to sort of stop up bio matter like algae that's been drifting around, creating a pseudo landmass. And a great opportunity to add some more naturally occurring salvageable fruits and land-based creatures.

For the Floating Swamp i was thinking more amphibian than land based :smile: It makes more sense :smile:

I hope some of the devs see my post and give me feedback :hushed:
  • OsydiusOsydius France Join Date: 2015-09-19 Member: 208031Members
    Cool Biome idea !

What I would like to see also is the opposite, i.e. underwater caves which you actually explore on foot (which is totally possible since you have brain corals pumping air all the time, so one could potentially have ended up filling a full cave with air).

I've also been in favor of sleep, illness and poisoning for some time too: see the section entitled "Illness / Mutation" in my previous post http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/140490/a-truckload-of-ideas :smile:

I think that would be really cool and we could really add like a lot of fun and tension to the game.
  • nineonetwonineonetwo Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215452Members
    I would personally enjoy this floating swamp idea if it was executed well, and the other small ideas have good merit, but keep in mind if you'd like to see this in game, you should probably complicate the explanations of these ideas more so the devs have something to mold with. Sidenote- would you mind telling what this 'jet sky' would be? I'm curious.
    nineonetwo wrote: »
    I would personally enjoy this floating swamp idea if it was executed well, and the other small ideas have good merit, but keep in mind if you'd like to see this in game, you should probably complicate the explanations of these ideas more so the devs have something to mold with. Sidenote- would you mind telling what this 'jet sky' would be? I'm curious.

I didn't want to complicate it too much in the post with the details. But also here on our planet the "floating swamp" exists, but not in the scale as presented to make out a whole pseudo landmass. How it is created: The biomass is made out of hundreds of different types of plants. All plants have roots and some of them reach to the bottom of the river (ocean in subnautica) in between the other roots on the surface other plants took hold like sea grass, algae, and other types (like lotus flowers and also some trees) forming a thick layer on which you can almost walk on or swim through, but you get tangled all the time and it is dangerous as hell. It would be a perfect biome for amphibian life forms, snakes and insects to reside. Amphibians like frogs could be used to use its poisonous secret to make a weapon or cure for snake poison...

"floating swamp" here on earth: Okefenokee-Swamp.jpg

And to navigate through this biome you need the right wehicle. That could be a swamp boat or in my idea Jet Ski, because its faster, more agile and looks much cooler :smile:

Swamp boat: maxresdefault.jpg

Jet Ski: GTI%20LTD%20155-JETSKI-L.jpg

Also IMO it doesent take much to "space it up" so it looks futuristic :smile:

If you have questions, just ask, il gladly answer.
    Brilliant! If you are looking for something to pass the time or you're feeling artsy, attempt to sketch out some concepts for creatures, items and machines used and found there! Looking forward to more!
    Brilliant! If you are looking for something to pass the time or you're feeling artsy, attempt to sketch out some concepts for creatures, items and machines used and found there! Looking forward to more!

I would love to do it BUT i suck at drawing :blush:
    Hm.. This provides an interesting opportunity.. Maybe I could concept sketch and you feed me descriptions? Idk lol
    Hm.. This provides an interesting opportunity.. Maybe I could concept sketch and you feed me descriptions? Idk lol

You know i was thinking of someone with a tallent to draw concepts :smile: If you have interest, tell me :smile:
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    A swamp biome sounds super cool! Maybe it could occur near te mangrove-like biome that someone else on this site has suggested.
    Dagon wrote: »
    A swamp biome sounds super cool! Maybe it could occur near te mangrove-like biome that someone else on this site has suggested.

Yes! GENIUS!
    edited April 2016
    This is SO part of my biome idea! :smiley:

latest?cb=20160215233847

If they rly make it true im gonna freak out!
  • atbugajatbugaj Hawaii Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219801Members
    edited July 2016
    Many great ideas here. I do think that quests/missions could play a larger part of this game. Not to mention human interactions such as NPC's. I would be cool to meet NPC's and do some missions/quests for them to "unlock" their personal base add on that accompanies them with it, giving a bonus and providing inputs, future quests, side quests, etc. I do think that these missions/quests could be vast and unique. Anything from finding a new/hidden creature, new/hidden culture, noticing unique creature habits, finding habitats such as spawning and matting grounds or even hunting grounds. more interaction between creatures would be a plus to this but simply look at what little we know about the oceans we have and the animals in it. Many of the quests could be to simply find and discover those answers and doing research like we are now. Even tagging, tracking, and video tagging creatures. This could possible open up some really cool cut scenes and more to really drive and push the story and the idea of discovery. I would like to see the discoveries made and research being done to affect game play. Such as finding the teeth and having to research it to determine improvements it could do. Furthering this idea to learning how a creature does something to produce light or energy/power, chemical compounds it produces, or how even the creatures scales turnout to be a unique interwoven metallic-carbon fiber to lessen damage in your wet suit. The ideas and possibilities are only limited to your imagination.
  • SaladExistsSaladExists Canada Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219747Members
    my idea is to have like some special ending sequences!