Hallway and bedroom?

shadwoblade6662shadwoblade6662 Florida Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215038Members
I understand that there is talk about adding NPC's... could we make a double wide hallway that has planters and a bench in the middle runner? like have two hallways attached to one another with a runner in the middle?

Also even though the game is in early development, is there a sleep game mechanic? like add another bar in the game like fatigue? if that happens can there be a"bedroom" and an "office" added to the building mechanic?

Comments

• BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Not going to comment on story stuff, but we wont be putting in another player or NPC.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Needing sleep would be great. Diver Dan has been going for 191 days and no sleep.
    Skyrim has a game sleep mechanic, and in Subnautica it would add another survival aspect.
  • shadwoblade6662shadwoblade6662 Florida Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215038Members
    Needing sleep would be great. Diver Dan has been going for 191 days and no sleep.
    Skyrim has a game sleep mechanic, and in Subnautica it would add another survival aspect.

I totally agree, and there could be different types of beds (just for looks and aesthetic) made with different materials, and could make some use-able furniture (i.e.: chairs, tables, curtains, computer log etc)
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    I'm 100% behind any idea that lets me go into decorator mode for my base. Beds have already been confirmed to be put in the game so I assume a sleep mechanic will as well; we need some way to skip through the day/night quickly. The hallway idea sounds fantastic, maybe when you place a corridor you'll be able to place a second one next to it and it'll combine into two? However that could mess up with the single corridor curves.
  • shadwoblade6662shadwoblade6662 Florida Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215038Members
    If we take the idea for combining corridors, why couldn't you be able to pair up a corner piece as well? make it a larger longer elbow?
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    If we take the idea for combining corridors, why couldn't you be able to pair up a corner piece as well? make it a larger longer elbow?

Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that ahaha. The only downside with that is if people were building bases in close quarters, accidentally placed a piece wrong and then suddenly messed up their design. Maybe when placing the second corridors, the player could press a button that would switch between placing it as a single corridor or placing it as a large one.
    Perfect, i didn't think of that lol, but on a personal note the amount of code that takes is immense.... but possible, so we won't probably see it for a bit :/ either way it the corridors could be upgraded already (by adding extra material cost) I think aesthetically that would make the base system more entertaining
    @Obraxis if you want i could send you some concept art for the hallways and bedroom
    just an update they are making beds and shelves.... but i haven't seen any updates for any specific rooms for the beds are we going to just use the multi room? also could we have a wider variance of hallways? especially because the ladders get in the way and you can't get around them very easily