Perimeter Defense System diving suit

eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
I think a personal Perimeter Defense System diving suit would be a good alternative to a offensive weapon.
A smaller version of the one used on the seamoths.
It could run on power cell / Battery. And it could be slotted where the compass and signals go.

Comments

• AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    I like this idea, but perhaps instead as a blueprint that produces a suit, gloves and activator, but it can only ever dissuade larger fauna like the sand shark and stalker.

(suit and gloves so that the user is insulated and activator so that there's a mechanism for using the device)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited March 2016
    I'd definitely want it to dissuade biters. Goddamn biters. :#
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited March 2016
    Did you know that you can survive 3 attacks of a reaper with your reinforced diving suit?

(Although I don't understand why this leviathan grabs and shakes the seamoth until damaged heavily, while he just bites a lonely diver and then leaves his prey and gives him time to retreat. I mean, if I'd be the reaper I'd never let go a diver without perimeter defense suit and just grab him for a snack until eaten down to the skeleton :D )

But for the tech (as we already got the seamoth perimeter defense system) to be less boring:
    • How about an underwater ironman? Of course just the emergency jet packs, not the iron protection.
    • Or how about a shrink protection. The reaper just tries to grab you when you warp into shrimpsize. But only for 10 seconds.
    • Or the sound imitator inside a suit. You swim emitting a sea dragon, feeling good as all reapers flee in panic, until a sea dragon answers your call and faces you.

Or we could get ... a med station ... like this one from Prometheus
    306?cb=20120414170750
    • surgery repairs until full health
    • surgery upgrade cuts off any parasites like the bleeder
    • surgery upgrade creates a player avatar to prevent permadeath
    • surgery upgrade produces quickslot usable first aid injector
    • surgery upgrade transfuses/xenoforms player to use water breathing
    • surgery upgrade produces defibrillator suit to recover from shocks and release emergency shock (1 use only)
    I think a personal Perimeter Defense System diving suit would be a good alternative to a offensive weapon.
    A smaller version of the one used on the seamoths.
    It could run on power cell / Battery. And it could be slotted where the compass and signals go.

A defibrillator suit?