Access the PDA while driving the Seamoth

SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
It would be really nice if we didn't have to get out of the seamoth to use the PDA, or to do things like eat and drink. And it doesn't make much sense to be unable to do those things either. Pressing tab could cause the character to let go of the controls and pull out the PDA, at which point we'd be able to do all the things we normally do with the PDA, at the cost of being unable to move/control the seamoth while doing so.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I've been thinking about that idea quite a bit when I'm in my Moth, but I always forget to say anything about it. I mean, the cockpit is a seat, not a restraining full-body suit holding your hands and legs in place. Quite often, I want to wait until daytime to make an excursion. When doing this, I like to read data from the PDA databank section. I'd prefer to do that right on the edge of where I'm going, rather than all the way back in my Cyclops. It wastes twenty or so seconds more to get back to the target area.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Giving this a bump because I read something about using the PDA while sitting on benches... please UWE, make this happen. Getting out of the seamoth to use the PDA is insane.
    Again, full agreement on the idea to bump this; it needs to be done. I'd prefer not to expose myself to the Sand Sharks in the area for a minute and a half when I go into my inventory to read about Sand Sharks. It should be able to be done from the safety of your SeaMoth.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    i would also like to se that.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    I Agree this idea too
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited April 2016
    I 2nd this idea, there is no reason why we cant use PDA in seamoth.
    Maybe diver Dan gets hungry on long rides and wants fries and a coke or Cured fish and water.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    That would be awesome !
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    ... have the PDA interface with the Seamoth and the interface/inventory appear on the Seamoth's Cabin/Windscreen?
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Yes, please!

I think this every time I have to get out to eat and drink.
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Maybe the dev team have planned to upgrade the Seamoth according to the Map room update :)
  • NapalmFlameNapalmFlame UK Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214878Members
    +1, being able to do things inside the seamoth would be great!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    ... have the PDA interface with the Seamoth and the interface/inventory appear on the Seamoth's Cabin/Windscreen?

omagawd that would would be sweet as fruitjuice!
    Coranth wrote: »
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    omagawd that would would be sweet as fruitjuice!

That would be the greatest of all things to ever be.
  • ImprovmanMuImprovmanMu Centerville, Utah Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214837Members
    According to the Trello page, they are implementing this. So no more having to get out.
    It's more effort, but it would be a huge improvement if the windshield display thing is part of it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    According to the Trello page, they are implementing this. So no more having to get out.
    It's more effort, but it would be a huge improvement if the windshield display thing is part of it.

Are they? Can you post a link or something? The closest I could find was "Use PDA while sitting", which is similar but doesn't necessarily include the seamoth.

The windscreen thing would be fantastic, but I'd be perfectly happy with just holding the PDA in hand, so long as I don't have to leave the seamoth to do it.
    So sitting use happened, but not in seamoth. Once again, bump for appeal to sanity.
  • frazmifrazmi Kentucky Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214471Members
    Adding my +1 here. Putting the inventory on the HUD is OK, but I'd much prefer the physical access to the PDA if we only get one option.

A couple of posts mention eating and drinking while inside the Seamoth, which is a great idea. Please add to that the ability to use a med kit. Many is the time I have just barely escaped back into the Seamoth with only 17% health remaining... knowing that if I tried to exit the moth, call up the PDA, apply 2 med kits, put away the PDA, activate the scanner and... cr^p, I'd be severely wounded or dead by then.
    Bump. Still needs to happen.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    Even if the PDA was locked down to the Data Bank tab (so one couldn't accidentally drop an inventory item, where would it go?) . Within the Seamoth, you have access to buttons 1-4 for upgrades, maybe add a 5 and 6 for designated food/water in inventory. Or just one more button with the ability to cycle through all edibles in inventory.
    stevenwojo wrote: »
    Even if the PDA was locked down to the Data Bank tab (so one couldn't accidentally drop an inventory item, where would it go?) . Within the Seamoth, you have access to buttons 1-4 for upgrades, maybe add a 5 and 6 for designated food/water in inventory. Or just one more button with the ability to cycle through all edibles in inventory.

Not quite sure what you're getting at there @stevenwojo ... what's wrong with "Press TAB, open PDA like normal"? They already block us from dropping items while in a seabase, so they should be able to block it while in the seamoth too, but we'd still be able to eat, drink, read data entries, etc.
  • stevenwojostevenwojo Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222252Members
    I honestly wasn't aware that one could not currently drop items in a base. Considering this, it seems the code is already in place for the ability to access the PDA within the seamoth and it is a conscious effort to prohibit this. It could be that the code for driving the seamoth and the code for viewing the PDA conflict and needs to be rewritten. If that is the case, we probably won't see this until after v1.0, if at all :(
  • KaybeKaybe Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222425Members
    Yeah, I was wondering about this. I got my Seamoth, saw I couldn't do this, and thought I was doing something wrong. So yes, we definitely need to be able to access our PDA of all things while inside our Seamoth.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    This has to be a thing that happens. It is sooo frustrating having to get out of the seamoth just to drink or eat. I remember one time I was dying of starvation near the aurora so I got out to eat and a reaper killed me! That was so annoying!
  • SeaBuddySeaBuddy Join Date: 2016-09-22 Member: 222511Members
    Remember, accessing your PDA while driving your seamoth is dangerous and is illegal in most biomes. It puts both you and the fishes in danger.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    SeaBuddy wrote: »
    Remember, accessing your PDA while driving your seamoth is dangerous and is illegal in most biomes. It puts both you and the fishes in danger.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! That is sooooooo funny!

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    SeaBuddy wrote: »

#ItCanWait