The only weapon this game needs is ...

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
edited March 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
What kind of crazy weapon would you like if you could only have one?

Comments

• ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    why no shrink ray turn the reaper into the size of a peeper.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    ADM_Ntek wrote: »
    why no shrink ray turn the reaper into the size of a peeper.

Or grow the peeper to the size of a reaper and wait until he eats the reaper. Unfortunately it turned and ate myself. Somehow the shrink gun is still bugged.
  • OoieGooieOoieGooie Australia Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214893Members
    I like the idea of forcing fish to mate (in a non-sick way :wink: ). Throw a bomb type device into a fish tank and watch them multiply. Sounds like the sheep in Minecraft.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I want a personal Perimeter Defense System diving suit. A smaller version of the one used on the seamoths.
    It could run on power cell / Battery. And it could be slotted where the compass and signals go.
  • MiccoliMiccoli Italy Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214983Members
    I think The Whisper and The Sound Imitator could also be the same weapon used in different ways!
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    edited March 2016
    OoieGooie wrote: »
    I like the idea of forcing fish to mate (in a non-sick way :wink: ). Throw a bomb type device into a fish tank and watch them multiply. Sounds like the sheep in Minecraft.

I once started keeping sheep in a pit that was covered in wooden fence posts to look like it was some sort of cage over the top, with a trap door to head down and feed, sheer and slaughter. Then my housemate looked in and called it my sex dungeon (because I'm from New Zealand). I never returned to that world.
  • GimboidGimboid France Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214956Members
    I like the idea of the mating call system, if you could select via the workbench which creature it impersonated, unfortunately though the fauna AI is quite basic at the moment and there's no real hierarchy between fauna (carnivores occasionally eat small fish, that's it), there's no system like Bonesharks are scared of Reapers etc, so it would take a lot of work to implement :(
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Aegil wrote: »
    OoieGooie wrote: »

I once started keeping sheep in a pit that was covered in wooden fence posts to look like it was some sort of cage over the top, with a trap door to head down and feed, sheer and slaughter. Then my housemate looked in and called it my sex dungeon (because I'm from New Zealand). I never returned to that world.

Lol. The men are men, the girls are girls and the sheep are scared?
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    we have a lot of tecnology ...
    can we do some weapon for ensure survival?
    also... we have only... 4 o 5 agressive creatures...
    i think... AT LEAST a harpoon gun... will be fine...
    with some types of ammunition... like that... Shock harpoon...
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    omegataur wrote: »

you must be new here. you seem to want lethal weapons.

we don't accept that kind of wrong think.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    More lethal weapons please, the Stalker and Reapers are finding me tasty.

I found the Bioreactor Fragment on a new start build #30923 and off to the mushroom forest I go
    and who came along for lunch, yes satin of the sea, as I was filling up on spores.
    I tried hiding behind the mushrooms. As I was dodging for my life 80% gone in one bite, next bite did me in, as I was stabbing that beast with this wonderful modern weapon called a knife.
    I was thinking, next time I go on a space voyage to hell with protocol, I am bring a weapon that works in all environments. I am tired of being a pacifist and a snack at the same time. >:)
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    omegataur wrote: »

you must be new here. you seem to want lethal weapons.

we don't accept that kind of wrong think.

yes, i am new here... as you see i only have a few posts...
    i admit that, at the beginning i was thinking in some hunting weapons... for defense purposes but... well... i accept the "non violence" feature. pls dont get angry on me, i am still a noob

but... how about to... spread some baits to distract attention from the agressive ones?
    " They smell blood "
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    We need a 100% inaccurate gun.
    "So I fired again and I missed, and then I missed again. And then I fired again and then I missed. And then I fired and I fired and then I missed. I missed both times. And I fired and I missed. This went on for several hours. And then I fired and then I missed.
    And then I was out of bullets. And then I got sad. I had another popsickle. And then I passed out in the snow.
    And then I woke up and then I reloaded and then I fired and then I missed. I missed again. I fired. I hit something, but it wasn't what I was going for. So I guess I missed. I passed out again. Had another popsickle.
    I had a dream that I was firing at something. I missed.
    Long story short : missed."
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    edited April 2016
    a type of gun that would fire various types of ammo.....
    noise makers... fast propelled device that emits a loud and irritating sound to lure or scare unwanted creatures away from the diver...
    light.... fires a device that will circle in a small area... pretty much what a flare does but doesn't sink. also a good way to attract those fish that are attracted to light...
    shock... a device that will send out a shock wave from the device after being launched... would be good for fishing to fast buggers I always have a hard time trying to catch. yes, I know we have the stasis rifle but we have to hunt that down.... this device I'm thinking of is just a small version, that only does a smaller area with a 5m range.... it immediately discharges when within a 1m range of detecting a fish. will not affect anything bigger than a sand shark or stalker.
  • sharkishsharkish Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215318Members
    it was so hard to choose!
  • NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    How about a revolutionary new idea called a "Gun"? Or maybe the elusive "Sword"? If you wanna get really, really crazy, the weapon only spoken of in legends.... the pointy stick. Able to poke out a reaper's eye in one fell swoop......

Geez guys, I get the non-lethal, but a lot of non-lethal things hurt. A lot. Tear Gas? Rubber bullets? Tasers? Beating someone until they are unconscious?

At the very least, the game needs a blunt beating stick, so I can beat animals until they black out, or a stun baton like from Half-Life. And some sea-weed rope so I can tie them up and beat them again later. And maybe some cages to keep them in so I can deprive them of food.
  • nineonetwonineonetwo Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215452Members
    Necrom wrote: »
    How about a revolutionary new idea called a "Gun"? Or maybe the elusive "Sword"? If you wanna get really, really crazy, the weapon only spoken of in legends.... the pointy stick. Able to poke out a reaper's eye in one fell swoop......

Geez guys, I get the non-lethal, but a lot of non-lethal things hurt. A lot. Tear Gas? Rubber bullets? Tasers? Beating someone until they are unconscious?

At the very least, the game needs a blunt beating stick, so I can beat animals until they black out, or a stun baton like from Half-Life. And some sea-weed rope so I can tie them up and beat them again later. And maybe some cages to keep them in so I can deprive them of food.

I sure hope you don't have any pets, bro.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

woa! :scream:
  • NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    Okay, it was a bit extreme. But it's still true. If it's that cruel, I'll just use the cages to finish them off with a torpedo.
  • nineonetwonineonetwo Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215452Members
    Okay, it was a bit extreme. But it's still true. If it's that cruel, I'll just use the cages to finish them off with a torpedo.

Fair nuff' xD
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    Um none of the above.
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members

Once its caged, you shouldn't have to kill it. You should be able to keep it trapped, and possibly farm something out of it, or maybe some other use for it. Other than that, I feel that a blunt beating stick wouldn't fit the feel of the game, but a stun baton certainly would. some sort of crazy high-tech cage should be possible to make as well.