Question about End Game Content.

BlueImperialBlueImperial I don't know Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214880Members
Hello, before I buy this game I just want to ask a quick question.
With the talk of the Leviathan Emperor etc. I wanted to know how one person would be able to take it down, I understand the developers priority isn't CO-OP/Multiplayer but would we be able to find AI such as other survivors or machines that will assist us in the battle against these "bosses"? or will we have to battle them in a large vessel or mech suit?

Do we know what the plans are yet?

- Blu <3

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    From my understanding (and i could very well be wrong) is that the point will not be to kill such creatures, just like the point isnt to kill a Reaper Leviathan at the moment (you can, with alot of patience and time tho). Im pretty sure that the point will be to survive until rescue comes (and probably never will) so we'll have to investigate what caused the aurora to be attacked.

In my opinion the whole point of this game is avoiding danger rather than face and kill it so i think we wont have to face such creatures in battle to complete the storyline. As i said before thats just my point of view and i could be wrong tho

• BlueImperialBlueImperial I don't know Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214880Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    From my understanding (and i could very well be wrong) is that the point will not be to kill such creatures, just like the point isnt to kill a Reaper Leviathan at the moment (you can, with alot of patience and time tho). Im pretty sure that the point will be to survive until rescue comes (and probably never will) so we'll have to investigate what caused the aurora to be attacked.

In my opinion the whole point of this game is avoiding danger rather than face and kill it so i think we wont have to face such creatures in battle to complete the storyline. As i said before thats just my point of view and i could be wrong tho

But theres a video which shows the animations for the Leviathan, it his a "Death" animation, also its said to have an important part in the game.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Actually from what we know of the story it appears that the Sea Emperor will actually be a passive and Ingelligent creature that you need to rescue from a prison built deep under the world by a secret alien organization. None of this is completely confirmed but there has been evidence on the subject of the Eea Emperors fit into the story
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited March 2016
    The only intelligent Subnautica lifeforms seam to be the warper and emperor to me. That would probably mean the warpers imprisoned the emperor. It might be that creature attacks are driven by warpers that teleport to a base and manipulate the fauna to attack the base. The only region that fits the emperor prison are the caves still sealed off from gameplay in depths beyond 1200m, so we have to wait for map updates. The game depth is planed down to 3000m, so I expect a deep chamber below 2000m.

If I look at the roadmap of an August release and compare what's done so far, the devs are behind schedule or must drop a lot of stuff. Maybe the depths get cut at 1500m and the lava cave will be final. Or the game release will be around Xmas.
  • BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The only intelligent Subnautica lifeforms seam to be the warper and emperor to me. That would probably mean the warpers imprisoned the emperor. It might be that creature attacks are driven by warpers that teleport to a base and manipulate the fauna to attack the base. The only region that fits the emperor prison are the caves still sealed off from gameplay in depths beyond 1200m, so we have to wait for map updates. The game depth is planed down to 3000m, so I expect a deep chamber below 2000m.

If I look at the roadmap of an August release and compare what's done so far, the devs are behind schedule or must drop a lot of stuff. Maybe the depths get cut at 1500m and the lava cave will be final. Or the game release will be around Xmas.

the Emperors prison is located at 200, -1440, -222
    it's just an empty hole right now though.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    The ultimate goal is to make the fauna more friendly by transfusing their DNA with that of more passive creatures.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    reaper + cute fish = win
  • RedMallieRedMallie America Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214355Members
    My character would certainly love that transformation, hahaha!!
    BIPPITY wrote: »
    the Emperors prison is located at 200, -1440, -222
    it's just an empty hole right now though.

That's the Lava Cave Center, I know that one too good. But I've seen a hidden blockspace system that ranges from 1300-2000m and the Chellonian tech and game world depth suggest it once made sense for a deeper cave system. Probably got cut, so we can see the release in August, and those are leftover remnants from a past design.

When I think about it, the devs really have no more time left and already must drop a lot of stuff for the August schedule. Cyclops upgrading is already far behind schedule and a lot of creatures still need to get into the game. Not to speak about the Lost River.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited March 2016
    Scanner Room Update (March) might not happen; it's nearing the END of March; they might have to lump it in with the Creatures Attack update (April)--or the game will just stay on Early Access until it's all done... a long, long time. But WORTH IT!
    Coranth wrote: »
    Scanner Room Update (March) might not happen; it's nearing the END of March; they might have to lump it in with the Creatures Attack update (April)--or the game will just stay on Early Access until it's all done... a long, long time. But WORTH IT!

But the scanner room will be finished soon. All other content gets shifted to the creature attack update. O2 was already shifted and cut, the cyclops update will get shifted, the lost river gets another shift and most creatures now are far behind their original schedule. I hope the most tech rework is done now and the bugs fixed.

Considering the whole roadmap, a lot more might get cut and/or the release date shifted. Let's see how transfusing and new creature behaviour works and if they arrive in april.

What I really don't understand is the roadmap telling me that the return to the game menu function is already finished, while I can't see that option in experimental.
  • project_mercyproject_mercy Aurora Engine Room Join Date: 2016-03-27 Member: 214884Members
    Roadmaps change. Sprints change. I'm a fan of how they're running their release cycles. While it's nice to push a stable build every month, I'm sure they'll release it when its ready. I would be surprised if it just got cut and pushed into the O2 changes though.

• crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    zetachron wrote: »

I don't think it was the warpers that imprisoned the Emperor. From the trello board it seems the Emperor prison and the really really deep base belong to something called the precursors. It was probably them that did it. And as for the roadmap, remember that is says nothing is set in stone and everything is subject to change. We may just have to wait a little longer for this update like we did with the H2.0 update.