Interactive placeable map/Map Room

TrathanTrathan Canada Join Date: 2016-03-25 Member: 214789Members
I think it would be a cool idea that sense you are trapped on a water world, it is important to know the general layout of the area and have the ability to lay it out. This can just start off as a feature of the tablet with a map but I would really love a build-able map that you can play around with. I got this idea from the seaglides feature of showing a small map of the area around you.

I think having a full sized map on a table, maybe holographic above it, would be a great thing to have. This would be something similar to the large aquarium where it takes up a good chuck of a room when placed. It would show pings of where beacons you have placed are, and area's you have been, maybe even jot notes down in certain locations that are pull-up-able that talk about things you have written down for the area. Course, not really fun if you build it and it is done. I think it needs to have a correspondence with the Seamoth or the Cyclops. As adding in an up-gradable for a scanner of some kind, maybe sonar, maybe just a scan like the scanner. Would be cool for a sub that specific duty is this feature but that is asking a lot(really hope the Manta makes it in eventually.). Either way, it scans the area around you and sends the data back to the map at your base(s).

The uses for something like this are limited but I believe it could be tied into the story that is slowly being included. For me, it is more cosmetic as even if this is a survival game, building a base that 'looks' like a real base is just as important. Not to mention having an actual map of the area would just be great to have, maybe even be able to create some kind of GPS system to track your movement? That is a different topic though all together. Can't wait to see what big thing they come up with next.

Comments